What's new
the green wire read .25 when I first turned the machine on after work today. Then maybe 2-3 minutes later was doing 3.2, then a few seconds later was doing 4.75.
this is a problem.... the pull up voltage from the 573 is so low that it's as if the coin switch is stuck down

can you get into test mode on the machine? if so can you go into "input test"? I'd suspect you'd see the coin switch stuck on.

And so this is what makes this particular scenario such a challenge. I can get into test mode very easily, but the only way to make any selections in the menu is with.....1P Start.

These 3 inputs not working in tandem means that:
-I can't coin up the game through the coin switch or the service button to test it out
-I can't make any selections within the test menu to see if anything else isn't working or put the game in free play mode to bypass the coin switch problem
-I can't use the 2P side controls (assuming they work) to put the game into doubles mode to verify that the other controls at least work and/or play the game one player at a time

I can at least see that the P1 left/right arrows work because I can use them within the test menu, but that's it without getting at least one of these 3 signals talking to the board.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but....I think maybe I found the problem.

Attachments

• chip2.jpg
    chip2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 105
  • chip1.jpg
    chip1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 96
lol, that would do it.

how TF does that happen to a PCB with a cage over it?

lol, that would do it.

how TF does that happen to a PCB with a cage over it?
The DVD drive sits basically right above this and when I took the cage apart the drive wasn't really housed in there all that well. My best guess is that at some point it bonked down and crushed right there. Hell of a shot, really.

Back