What's new
For Sale

64MK

Professional
Reaction score
Anyone know who has these? Are the LCDs worth using if you get it new? I've seen a lot of mixed info on YouTube of people saying they're either 720p or 1080p w/ a 720p limited Pandora's box. 🤷

I live in the Atlanta, GA area if it matters.

Crap - I posted this in the wrong category, can a mod move this to Want to buy?

It's not like they're built to any standard. You wil have to ask the reseller / manufacturer what parts are inside.

Personally, I don't understand why people are buying Chewlixes. You can pick up a legit Vewlix for a similar price and you will know exactly what you're getting. Sure, used machines are always a bit dirty, but cleaning them is part of the experience.

Not to mention if you can see and touch a Vewlix and Chewlix in person, there is a huge difference in build quality. Do you need a tank of a cab? No. Do you want it to hold up over the yrs? Yes.

Thanks! I'm more than open to a proper Viewlix, not worried about the pre-installed monitor .. more worried about getting a universal mount and finding a good monitor to slide in.

Ideally, I'd love to use it in the bedroom of my next apartment as the bedroom TV as well. :)

I was in the same boat as you were, looking for chewlix cause I thought vewlixes were like 5,000,000 or something but I came here and saw the light.

They pop up here in the market place, just keep eye out, I got lucky and bought one locally. But, I'll be honest I am concerned eventually they will get more expensive as they dry up. So I'm trying to save my pennies for another one.

There are plenty of reasons folks (Like me) were ok with getting a Chewlix.

When I got mine a few years ago, Vewlix, in FL were near impossible to find, and when you did, they were in rough shape, with 720p monitors on their way out. We had a FL importer bringing a bunch in, and we could pick which color scheme we wanted, all Sanwa parts, and 1080p monitors. All of this, for around $1100. Also, I got to open and remove it from the box, so NEW.

Now, with that being said, I knew I'd be messing with rewiring the whole cab and making it easy to swap in Consoles / PC / JVS stuff, so I felt better tinkering with a Chewlix and not messing with an actual Vewlix.

Outside of the wiring, the only thing I dislike about the Chewlix is the Metal used to build it. Because this is a HUO cab, it's not a big deal. If I were going to be routing these, I'd be leery about moving them around a whole lot as I could see them getting dented rather easily.

Long Story short, I wanted to tinker and got a pretty cool bootleg cab to mess with.

Yeah - this is the same run-around I had when I wanted a CRT cab. I know Plans A, B and even C probably aren't viable, at least not in my budget - but I want to finally get a setup for modern stuff..

Frankly, I'm tempted with the thought of having to import it from China. If I had the option to pay $1100 locally... I would already own one tbqh.

I have no real say in knock offs since I have not touched one with my own two hands, I know the build quality in them can vary based on the manufacturer and the specs that were asked of.

If your looking for good deals local collectors looking to sell or trade or down size would be the first option. Real or not they are out there but it takes a bit of hunting to find them if their not publicly listed on all the market places.

Since someone @'d me in here, I will say I did just buy a couple units of Vewlix F's and a C. I can get other models too L's ( C and L are pretty popular, the C is the most well rounded IMO) all the way up to Diamond oranges.

I'm based out of upstate South Carolina so if your in GA it would just be a car trip over.

I don't have state side inventory for Vewlix's atm so you would have to wait for one of my other containers I been filling this quarter to arrive.
However I do have a Noir HD blue cabinet that I changed the LCD panel out with some LG 1080p gaming monitor on, and a All Net PRAS V3 cabinet that just came in on the container I unloaded last week. These are available state side right now.

I only buy used stuff out of Japan so you gotta keep that in mind and on older cabinet models the LCD's are showing their age sometimes but still playable (you just may want to budget upgrading the LCD some day). The Vewlix is a sturdy cabinet with a good bit of documentation, info, and mods out there for them now.

Rotating the screen is also a big plus with these cabinets as not all of the LCD cabinets that were made had such an option.
That's something you need to watch out for on Chewlix too since some manufactures didn't spec out or build their cabinets with that feature but some did it depends.

Yeah, I have zero need for vertical games, so not worries there. Re: Used - Yeah, if it's used the LCD is going right in the trash unless it's been replaced already.

Thats understandable especially with the options available now to easily upgrade the LCD's with mounting kits on the vewlix.

Best of luck with your hunt though! If you need anything hit me up even if its new taito tech stools I import all kinds of stuff from Japan :)

I recently secured some Chewlixes. The build quality is reasonable. You can notice some minor QC issues near edges, but overall I've been satisfied with mine and I fully gutted mine with a PC with Steam Big Picture as the frontend with Retroarch for my emulation needs.

The included 1080p LCD on mine is ok. Nothing special. Does its job and it'll be one of the last things I'll upgrade. I don't notice any ghosting, but I haven't tested with a FPS shooter to confirm. I bought a MSI monitor a few years ago with a VA panel and damn, the ghosting on that should be illegal.

If you're in the PNW, I can sell you the single one I have left (bought multiples to save on shipping, only keeping one) for $1800 CAD as I'm located in Vancouver.

I'm very interested. (Crap, except I'm in the SOUTH East. :( .)

Aw, thanks for the heads up - that's why I specifically posted who I was dealing with so someone could mention if they're any good.

I haven’t bought from geekman, but I wouldn’t hesitate to if I was near him. I buy from cereth instead since I am close to him. He and others seem to vouch for geekman.

Back