What's new

makattack98

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm currently working on a rebuild of an NFL Blitz 99 cab. I do not have the coin door apparatus and wanted to use arcade push buttons to activate "Coin Count 1" and "Coin Count 2". When wiring up some buttons to test (appropriate jamma slot and grounded) I can get things like "Test", "Service Credits" and the player commands to work but for some reason, "Coin Count 1" and "Coin Count 2" do not work with this setup.

The system was meant to have a coin mechanism but the wiring (below) shows a simple circuit even within the coin mech ("Coin Count 1" + "Ground")

Any thoughts why these two particular commands wouldn't work with a push button used to complete the circuit?

Wiring Guide:

PXL_20230523_184729241.jpg
PXL_20230523_185845807.jpg

Jamma harness:
PXL_20230523_184752721.jpg

Buttons (using same ground as "player buttons":
PXL_20230523_184853845.jpg

Coin count is for the coin counter (the coin odometer) not for coins. You want pins 4 and 6 on that 13 pin connector for Coin 1 and 2. This diagram looks like that might be a wire to wire connector though and not a connector on the board. I'd have to see the full diagram to be positive.

Normally Coin 1 and 2 are pins 16 and T on the jamma connector but this board is not standard.

Really though, you could just use service.

Edit:
looking at the previous page in the manual it lists Coin 1 and 2 as pins 16 and T on the Jamma connector. I'm not sure why those pins are listed as Vsync and Vblu on the next page though.

Last edited:
Coin count is for the coin counter (the coin odometer) not for coins. You want pins 4 and 6 on that 13 pin connector for Coin 1 and 2. This diagram looks like that might be a wire to wire connector though and not a connector on the board. I'd have to see the full diagram to be positive.

Normally Coin 1 and 2 are pins 16 and T on the jamma connector but this board is not standard.

Really though, you could just use service.

Edit:
looking at the previous page in the manual it lists Coin 1 and 2 as pins 16 and T on the Jamma connector. I'm not sure why those pins are listed as Vsync and Vblu on the next page though.

I connected to 16 and T and did a switch test. They are logging as "player up" and nothing but connecting the "service credits" worked! You're a legend! Thank you!

Last edited:
Sometimes boards might require coin counters to be connected for coin inputs to work. Some are also picky about the switch behavior and might need to be NC rather than NO.

I have a Showtime cabinet, but it's a Vegas board. I'll try to take a look at the wiring if I can. It'll be a while though it's pretty buried.

Sometimes boards might require coin counters to be connected for coin inputs to work. Some are also picky about the switch behavior and might need to be NC rather than NO.

I have a Showtime cabinet, but it's a Vegas board. I'll try to take a look at the wiring if I can. It'll be a while though it's pretty buried.
Much appreciated! Hooking a push to "Service" gives me credits so I'm going to use that and a "test" button on the front of the new cab.

In my case the board it’s not a jamma standard so doesn’t have the coin counter pinout, so I was thinking to use the same trigger as the coin door. But looking closely I got a second thought if that 12v will backfire and burn my board, should I place a diode right on the middle or nah will be ok? Any thoughts will be much appreciated.
IMG_1896.jpeg

Back