What's new

TerryBogard

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering, has anyone managed to mod their Vewlix Diamond Black/Orange cab so that the move list tray can hold some sort of led as a backlight?

I have a Diamond black cab and there is only a very shallow metal tray to add the movelist paper but no space to add an led light. Maybe someone is capable of making a different kind of tray that could support an led light.

Does anyone have any kind of info on this? Thanks for your help!

Fist bump from Japan!

Terry

Update:

I was thinking in the lines of something like this that could help backlight the move list area of the control panel. I added a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_5975.jpeg
    IMG_5975.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 64
Funnily enough I started looking at this recently as a couple of my friends asked me to see if I could come up with something for their Dia Blacks. There are a few challenges but I think it's possible. I've got an idea about how to approach it and I've received some sample materials to test backlight diffusion. From what I can see my Dia Blues are the same so I'm going to use those to develop against initially.

I've just got a few more jobs to finish up and then I'm going to put some more time into this.

Funnily enough I started looking at this recently as a couple of my friends asked me to see if I could come up with something for their Dia Blacks. There are a few challenges but I think it's possible. I've got an idea about how to approach it and I've received some sample materials to test backlight diffusion. From what I can see my Dia Blues are the same so I'm going to use those to develop against initially.

I've just got a few more jobs to finish up and then I'm going to put some more time into this.
I thought someone said the mounts internally are different between the black/orange vs the blue.

I'm only going off what I've been told too.

Here are pictures of the inside of one of my Blues. Can someone take similar photos of a Black and/or Orange?

20230907_122457-XL.jpg

20230907_122507-XL.jpg

Apologies for the mess. Just for a change my cabs are in pieces whilst I'm working on things, one day I might get to actually play some games ^^

Last edited:
@fuzzbuddy - thanks man. I'll get you to grab a couple more pics for me.

@West - Thanks buddy, you know I love those mods of yours as we've spoken about before :love: An EL panel is one of the solutions I'm looking at and it has challenges too, I'm in conversation with a supplier at the moment.

@FrancoB Thanks man! The respect is beyond mutual. I've no doubt you're gonna do something awesome with it.

This would be awesome!!, im in for

(1) - for my Dimond Black

(1)- for the Vewlix C if you get to incorporate it for that model. My bulb broke a few years back and was never able to find a replacement bulb

I spent quite a lot of time speaking with and getting a EL panel sample and invertor sorted from a supplier. I was really disappointed after receiving the kit as the EL panel wasn't as bright as I was hoping and both the panel and invertor let of a high pitched whine which no one would want to put up with. It's not like it was a cheap panel etc either, the 'off the shelf' sample cost ~£90, if all was good I was looking to get a custom sized panel made with the required FFC cable to suit installation in a Vewlix.

20230927_195208-L.jpg

I've been speaking with @West and he had similar issues with a supplier before founding some decent panels in the US. As I'm in the UK it's not going to work for me to get panels from them and then add the additional parts I was planning on. I'm now looking for other suppliers I can work with but it's looking a bit limited.

I've potentially got another idea but it's a lot more complex and I don't think it will yield as good of a result on the Diamonds as what a good EL panel would produce due the the 'U' support on the Diamond cabs.

I'll keep plugging away though.

If someone US based wanted to take over and try the supplier that @West used then I'm happy to share information I have so far.

Back