53308607261__1F1C25AA-95C7-44E5-B836-258EF4D74B75.JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 53308618623__CE1A9285-69D2-493C-A640-9D37B5790B0C.JPG
    53308618623__CE1A9285-69D2-493C-A640-9D37B5790B0C.JPG
    671 KB · Views: 87
  • 53308607261__1F1C25AA-95C7-44E5-B836-258EF4D74B75.JPG
    53308607261__1F1C25AA-95C7-44E5-B836-258EF4D74B75.JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 90
Purchased one, which should be here in TX soon. :thumbsup: (Will post more pics when it arrives.)

KC was very helpful and responsive.

I asked some detailed questions, to make sure everything on my first cab works well and looks good. KC reserved me a good one, and sent detailed pics.

Looks solid and clean inside and out. No smoke! Perfect for my non-smoking environment.

BeHP28D.jpg

XiCWU9d.jpg

GZxx5Vh.jpg

5GJ4rFD.jpg

55dAMxf.jpg
gHpAtLp.jpg
ymekRRy.jpg

I want to thank rewrite, a buddy from the OA forum, for pointing the way. He's been a super helpful person, and answered a massive amount of arcade questions. (Including where to buy cabinets like this.) Before that, I searched fairly hard with no results. I almost settled on a clone or a wooden MVS. Extremely happy to get a Vewlix instead. There's probably a lesson in there about not giving up, or something equally inspiring... But daydreaming about my Vewlix arriving is kind of distracting. ^^

Once it arrives, I can post more pics, test out the screen, and maybe answer some questions. :thumbsup:

I just went down to LA to pick up a blast city from KC and saw those vewlix cabinets. Extremely clean looking. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure.

Clean looking and more importantly complete!
You can clearly see the audio amp and JVS PSU in the shots above...

However without opening the control panel (that is currently in the upright position) you won't know if it contains the JVS IO.
I'm pretty sure they do, but again you can never be 100% sure without opening em up (sometimes operators remove these).

Bonus you can see the PSU brick for the Sanwa LCD next to the JVS PSU, so the panel IS also original to the F cab.

FYI Vewlix cabs NEVER come with two player control panels, these can be purchased as individual parts directly from Taito JP.

E3102171A - CONTROL PLATE(2J14B) - 8,400Y
L3000574A - k HARNESS(2J12B) VEWLIX - 17,600Y
E3018350A - JOYSTICK BRACKETZB - 1,800Y (you will need two of these, one for each player/joystick)

Finally you will pick the overlay of your choice (you must request the overlay part number of your style, options are F-red/L-black&white/Nesica Live-blue).

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning, KC informed me the cab's on its way!

It's quite exciting as my first (and favorite) cab. :thumbsup:

Clean looking and more importantly complete!
You can clearly see the audio amp and JVS PSU in the shots above...

However without opening the control panel (that is currently in the upright position) you won't know if it contains the JVS IO.
I'm pretty sure they do, but again you can never be 100% sure without opening em up (sometimes operators remove these).

Bonus you can see the PSU brick for the Sanwa LCD next to the JVS PSU, so the panel IS also original to the F cab.

FYI Vewlix cabs NEVER come with two player control panels, these can be purchased as individual parts directly from Taito JP.

E3018350A - JOYSTICK BRACKETZB - 1,800Y (you will need two of these, one for each player/joystick)

Finally you will pick the overlay of your choice (you must request the overlay part number of your style, options are F-red/L-black&white/Nesica Live-blue).
Some great tips there. Thanks!

That encourages me to check for a JVS IO and a coin mechanism when it arrives. Hopefully it has both. I'll post pictures.

And I definitely want a 2-player panel. I've been wondering how to source one, or at least an accurate reproduction. Much appreciated.

Side-note: Some of your LCD posts are actually part of what inspired me to follow my Vewlix preference. (Results with OSSC, DVDO, etc.) I prefer a lot about LCDs, but CRTs have very fast input response and image qualities that 90s games were probably built around. LCDs have precise geometry and no warping or curving. Some of your posts have shown me I can achieve the benefits of both to my satisfaction, and have that slick Vewlix cabinet. :P Very helpful info.
I just went down to LA to pick up a blast city from KC and saw those vewlix cabinets. Extremely clean looking. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure.
Yeah, KC described these like some of the best and cleanest ones he's seen. ^^ With the pictures like that, I can believe it. I suspect the quality will be quite good.

I have no more space right now, and I've spent way too much lately on retro toys, but if I went for these it would have to be two linked with single player panels. Once you go linked cabs it's really impossible to want to go back to sharing control panels anymore.

Once you go linked cabs it's really impossible to want to go back to sharing control panels anymore.
This is how all the arcades in Japan I visited were, no one was sitting two at a cab.
I've always been tempted in networking two (2) two player (2-p) cabs together for some proper TMNT/Simpsons/X-Men/NBA JAM.

am I reading that right... the panel is $84 but the HARNESS is $176?!

can you still get these? I seem to recall you (or maybe someone else) talking about Taito no longer carrying them.

They charge a lot for a wiring harness that is not currently in stock. It's made to order with a 30 day lead time.

What you can no longer buy is the complete 2P kit, like I got for my Capcom...
RSsVFyw.jpg

Now you must buy all the parts individually (plate, joystick mounts, locking nuts, overlay, joysticks, buttons) from Taito and put it together yourself.
As I did for my Diamond...
7CABTX5.jpg

Yea this (L3000574A, aka the "K-Harness") is hella money!
UDZwUlT.jpg

I made my own for this very reason, at some future point I may order an official... When I've got money to burn. ;)

BTW, if you are wondering why it's called a "K-Harness" it's because the single player is called a "J-Harness" the name/letter references the amp-up connector.
TTYFJXB.jpg

J is P1 15pins, K is P2 12pins.
I'm told this also matches the Egret 2/3/Atomiswave SD, but I don't own these cabs so I cannot confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm the 15 pin and 12pin connectors, but the exact pinout, not so much.

Also, making your own...not difficult at all. Pin crimps, connectors from JST and pins from JST...some wire, and some insulated 110's and the sanwa JLF connectors...easy peasy.

but the exact pinout, not so much
I could probe it out with a multimeter if I really felt like it.
Because I made my own harness for the Diamond I ended in DB15 (Supergun standard) to plug directly into the HAS.

Inside my Diamond is basically gutted, no JVS PSU, no IO, no harnesses.

This is how all the arcades in Japan I visited were, no one was sitting two at a cab.
I've always been tempted in networking two (2) two player (2-p) cabs together for some proper TMNT/Simpsons/X-Men/NBA JAM.
I have 4 Astro Cities, linked into two side by side pairs, with single player panels. Once you're spoiled like that you just can't go back, it's really the only way to play fighting games.

I have 4 Astro Cities, linked into two side by side pairs, with single player panels. Once you're spoiled like that you just can't go back, it's really the only way to play fighting games.
Does it impact the shit talking though? That's one of the good things about the 2 player panel.

Does it impact the shit talking though? That's one of the good things about the 2 player panel.
keeps the shit talking but does remove the ability to shove the other player's arm in order to sabotage them.

keeps the shit talking but does remove the ability to shove the other player's arm in order to sabotage them.
Anyone bumps my arm while I'm playing on my own side I walk away from the game/cab immediately (regardless of round/score)...
Tell the dude to go fuck himself, and refuse to EVER play with that person again so long as they shall live!

I don't count something like that as a loss, and I DON'T LOSE TO SCRUBS PERIOD!
You want to beat me? You're going to actually have to out skill me, it won't happen any other way because I simply won't play.

Back