What's new
For Sale
The chewlix suppliers were able to get me a knock of 8 button panel last year. You can get a whole control panel assembly for $250 shipped and use it to refresh your old one.

The chewlix suppliers were able to get me a knock of 8 button panel last year. You can get a whole control panel assembly for $250 shipped and use it to refresh your old one
Are they an exact replica of the original control panel, meaning down to the holes/bolts everything??

Taito made 2 versions at least of the control panel base, one for the illuminated panels and one without.

I doubt the chewlixs are an exact match.

I doubt the chewlixs are an exact match.
Even if they were, I suspect it would only match one style.
As D-man correctly pointed out Taito released the Diamond style and the original style for control panel surrounds/bases (they are NOT interchangeable).

Surprised it fit that well honestly.
It is the older/original Vewlix style control panel surround, so it absolutely wouldn't look right on a Diamond.

Not sure what you mean exactly? The whole control panel assembly or the cp itself? They didn't remold the surround for any of the cabs. The injection molding process wouldn't have been worth the money. Measurement wise they are al within 2mm for the different models.

What I was getting at was just the panel and not the assembly. The panel itself should be interchangeable with all vewlix cabs. So if you wanted to change to an 8 button cp it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure on the assembly however I have talked to a few people that have used them and had great success.

Not sure what you mean exactly?
I mean a Diamond control box don't look like that.
The Diamond style is flat (no indents at the back) and the move strip has integrated side clips (no more visible chrome brackets).

Akai Katana for Taito Vewlix Candy Cab:

vwfUtPi.jpg

MubJiKT.jpg

GF1T0DD.jpg

CcUmzfO.jpg

leJEai1.jpg

Do I have to cut it off from those paper or is it just peel off from it?
Cause I am really clumsy with knives and scissors.

Back