What's new
For Sale
Hi !

Products received at the beginning of August.
I organize myself to install them with the owners of the candycab Vewlix.

Thanks !

Attachments

• received_650287157038180.jpeg
    received_650287157038180.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 75
  • received_1677653119416657.jpeg
    received_1677653119416657.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 74
Glad you got them ok :thumbup:

As you can see for multiples I'm wrapping the white inner boxes with an external layer. Precious cardboard and all that ^^

Batch 3 update:

All of fabricated parts have been ordered, they should be here next week.

All packing materials are here and I'm currently cutting out ~200 pieces of cardboard to size along while individually counting out and packaging up ~3000 nuts/bolts/washers/spacers etc :yawn:

After some feedback from the last lot of glass packers I have increased the thickness of them by 2mm and I'm currently printing those as well.

There's a few spots left on this batch if anyone wants in. Just FYI I'm planning on taking a break after this lot and catching up on some of my own projects and other products.

Hi @FrancoB thanks for the update.. Glad I managed to get in on Batch 3 just in time. Appreciate your help so far via email great communication. Can't wait to get stuck in with the kit. I've ordered my new Monitor too so hopefully both should arrive in good time.

@FrancoB I sent an order for 6 of these for batch 3 and im immediate need of these =) please let me know If I can get in on batch 3 and how soon it
ll come =)

Hi @FrancoB thanks for the update.. Glad I managed to get in on Batch 3 just in time. Appreciate your help so far via email great communication. Can't wait to get stuck in with the kit. I've ordered my new Monitor too so hopefully both should arrive in good time.

Not a problem, thanks for your order! ^^

@FrancoB I sent an order for 6 of these for batch 3 and im immediate need of these =) please let me know If I can get in on batch 3 and how soon it
ll come =)

Thanks for filling the form in. I've got your details and sent you an email to the gmail address you left. Hopefully you got it ok. Just to repeat some of the information here:

The fabricated parts are in production at the moment and I'm due to receive them next week. After I receive them I need to box them up and get them booked for collection.

All being well, and depending on when I receive parts, I should be in a position to start shipping at the end of next week or the start of the week after. We do have a bank Holiday on that Monday and I'm on holiday on the Tuesday so it might be from Wednesday that week.

In the previous batch I shipped kits to the US via UPS on a Wednesday and the buyers had them in hand on the Friday so hopefully yours would reach you in a similar time frame.

Handily I I received some additional packing materials so I upped the fabrication order to suit a couple of days ago. If you want six that's no problem.

There are still a few additional spaces left if required.

Hey @FrancoB , Just placed an order under the wire! Hopefully there are still a few spots left. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Hi FrancoB...
Somehow I missed your invoice since it went to my other gmail account but payment sent :)
Looking forward to this!!
Thanks again!

Hi @FrancoB hope you had a good Bank Holiday weekend.. Any updates for batch 3 production/shipping? Apologies for my eagerness.. I finally managed to move the Vewlix from garage up into my room.. After a good (scrub and clean) now it's sitting there with no screen.. staring at me every night 😭

IMG-20230831-WA0008.jpeg

Your (Vewlix) body is ready! :D Looking nice and clean there!

Progress update? How about Soon™

Oh, you want more than that? Ok.....

• Packaging supplies are in and all cut to size. Need to laser engrave the boxes if I get the engraver back from a mate in time.
  • Hardware Nut/bolt/washer etc kits are 80% done. Needed to wait until the fabricated parts arrive to finish them off as the shims go in the hardware kits.
  • Thicker ~5.3mm glass packers are all 3D printed, just need to apply the adhesive tape to the backs.
  • 75% of the main fabricated parts arrived today and the rest have shipped and are due on Monday. I got the shipment split so I can work on them over the weekend (evenings) so I can get shipping sooner.

To do:

• Finish heat seal bagging the hardware kits now I have fabbed parts.
  • QC + serialise main fabricated parts/kits.
  • Cardboard wrap individual kit components.
  • Assemble/wrap complete kits
  • Book, ship + send out tracking info.
  • Sleep....

Still a fair bit to do but I've done pretty much all I can whilst waiting for the fabbed parts.

I only get a few hours a night to work on this stuff but assuming QC etc all goes to plan I'm hoping I can start shipping at least some early/mid next week. There is a lot to get though and so I expect it to take a week or so after that to get everything out once I start.

@Foysel7ali - your order was placed towards the end of this run so expect yours to ship towards of the end of the time frame above.

I am working my hardest to get all of this out to everyone as soon as possible. Thanks all for your patience, I'm sure it will be rewarded ^^

Last edited:
@chewy - Form response received, thank you. I've sent you an invoice. :thumbup:

That's the last 'free' spot taken. I'm holding two more kit positions for two people but I've been failing to get replies from them. I'll nudge them again and if I don't hear back I'll free up the last two spaces.

Your (Vewlix) body is ready! :D Looking nice and clean there!

Progress update? How about Soon™

Oh, you want more than that? Ok.....

• Packaging supplies are in and all cut to size. Need to laser engrave the boxes if I get the engraver back from a mate in time.
  • Hardware Nut/bolt/washer etc kits are 80% done. Needed to wait until the fabricated parts arrive to finish them off as the shims go in the hardware kits.
  • Thicker ~5.3mm glass packers are all 3D printed, just need to apply the adhesive tape to the backs.
  • 75% of the main fabricated parts arrived today and the rest have shipped and are due on Monday. I got the shipment split so I can work on them over the weekend (evenings) so I can get shipping sooner.

To do:

• Assemble/wrap complete kits
  • Book, ship + send out tracking info.
  • Sleep....

Still a fair bit to do but I've done pretty much all I can whilst waiting for the fabbed parts.

I only get a few hours a night to work on this stuff but assuming QC etc all goes to plan I'm hoping I can start shipping at least some early/mid next week. There is a lot to get though and so I expect it to take a week or so after that to get everything out once I start.

@Foysel7ali - your order was placed towards the end of this run so expect yours to ship towards of the end of the time frame above.

I am working my hardest to get all of this out to everyone as soon as possible. Thanks all for your patience, I'm sure it will be rewarded ^^

Thats one hell of an update! thank you for all that.

Update:

To do:

• Assemble/wrap complete kits - 35% complete
  • Book, ship + send out tracking info - 35% complete
  • Sleep.... 5% complete

35% of the kits are due to be picked up by UPS today and I'm hoping to get a similar amount finished up and picked up tomorrow. I'm in the office on Friday and can't be in for collection so the remainder will most likely be picked up on Monday.

I'll send out tracking info later for todays shipment.

Nearly there ^^

Update:

To do:

• Assemble/wrap complete kits - 35% complete
  • Book, ship + send out tracking info - 35% complete
  • Sleep.... 5% complete

35% of the kits are due to be picked up by UPS today and I'm hoping to get a similar amount finished up and picked up tomorrow. I'm in the office on Friday and can't be in for collection so the remainder will most likely be picked up on Monday.

I'll send out tracking info later for todays shipment.

Nearly there ^^
Thank you very much for the effort! Much appreciated I've been getting similar sleep recently with two young kids - but closer to 30%!

I know how you feel there, I have a rather demanding two year old myself X/

Finished packing/booking parcels at 1.30am this morning and was then up to sort the little one at 6.20am ||

71.4% shipped now though, the rest will go on Monday. Sleep probably down to 2% now :S. I would like to think I'll catch up on that over the weekend but I can't see that happening until the little one is a moody teenager who also wants to sleep in :D

Tracking details for todays shipment will follow later.

I've had two held for two people for a few weeks. I've finally heard back from one person this afternoon that they are going to pass for this round and so there is currently one available. I'm still waiting to hear back from the second person.

@childsremix If you did want one then you can fill in your details on the order form here > http://dvd.2.vu/VUMM

Thanks for the interest ^^

Back