What's new

Zebra

Professional
Reaction score
I had good success with my project to put an (official Namco) Guncon 2 board and sensor into real arcade gun shells with recoil mechanisms. Now I would like to do the same with my Guncon 3 to build a Time Crisis 4 and Razing Storm cab using a PS3. The TC4 arcade gun shells and solenoids seem to be easily available and fairly cheap. The GC3 gun I have is more accurate than the one on the TC4 cab at my local arcade. The Razing Storm / TC4 disc on the PS3 looks identical to the coin op (or maybe a touch better).

I know from past projects that the electronics and wiring for adding recoil solenoids is fairly simple. The hard part (at least for me) is making the home light gun boards fit inside arcade gun shells. arcade guns tend to have the I/O board separate to the gun whereas home guns tend to put everything inside the gun shell (as they don't need to leave room for a solenoid). There usually isn't enough room inside most arcade gun shells without modding the circuit board (which almost always stops my guns working at all).

First, has anyone here attempted a TC4 / Guncon 3 recoil mod? I can't be the only TC fan that dislikes the ridiculous GC3 gun shell....

Or

Does anyone here have a TC4 cab? And if so, would you be willing to measure the optics board inside the gun so I have a rough idea of how much space is available and if the project is viable? It would be useful to know this before spending $110 on the TC4 arcade gun shell and slide...

Back