What's new
For Sale
I have the parts to build one of these but I haven't put it together yet. I do still need to get the probes.

I was thinking a hook clip for the ground and a normal probe for the other lead would be ideal.

Straight forward enough.

@Mitsurugi-w, is there a specific size you want / need the PCB to be?

If sticking with the 9V battery, perhaps I'll use a PCB mount battery holder.

Not sure how to handle the probe. What's the preferred type of connector for it? Ideally perhaps something compatible with a pre-fabricated lead?
You can get rid of the 9V battery and use two clips to take power from GROUND and +12V of the PCB under test.Some time ago I designed me too a PCB but didn't find time to send files to manufacturer.

Last edited:
I'll use whatever the community finds they would like in the probe. I think the design of the last pcb I used is fine but I would use SMD components to make it a bit smaller. I like using the Banana plugs because it gives you options of the type of probe you want to use instead of having a fixed one. Both the 9v battery and the external power option can be built into the pcb. I also would add a connector or two so that assemble and disassembly can be done much easier. The previous version has everything soldered.

If you want the last design you used I'll need a schematic. Couldn't seem to find one.

I asked about the PCB dimensions as you mentioned you had an enclosure in mind.

Curious if anything ever came of this.

Some time ago I designed an audio probe based on the LM386 amplifier and other few parts, it works very well.

Back