What's new

FluxChiller

Professional
Reaction score
I dont have them handy to plug in and test, but thinking of using them in a daytona usa twin cabinet. I know for sure these things are annoyingly "buzzy" in a quiet home setting at 15hz, but I can't remember if they buzz at 25hz (medium res for daytona 1)?

Daytona is so loud you wouldn't notice any buzzing 😅
But if I recall correctly the buzzing was only at 15khz on mine.
How are you fitting a 29" D9200 into a 26" Daytona????

Daytona is so loud you wouldn't notice any buzzing 😅
But if I recall correctly the buzzing was only at 15khz on mine.
How are you fitting a 29" D9200 into a 26" Daytona????
Hey thanks for the reply,
Yep, mine is like a jet engine. I'm hoping replacing some of the old stock fans with silent ones and replacing near death PSU's will quiet it down. That seems to be the bulk of the noise, but im just getting my feet wet here with the restore.

So the 29'', yes the great idea! I don't have an exact plan yet. But I I think it has been done with drillng new mounting points into the frame and new monitor bezel's.

It seems someone has done this already over on arcade controls, trying to open a line of communication with him but so far no dice. I believe this is a 29'' nanao frame mounted into an american version that typically takes the 26''. He loosely mentions it being a bitch to center the new frame perfectly but apparently he did it.

DSC04945.jpg

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply,
Yep, mine is like a jet engine. I'm hoping replacing some of the old stock fans with silent ones and replacing near death PSU's will quiet it down. That seems to be the bulk of the noise, but im just getting my feet wet here with the restore.

So the 29'', yes the great idea! I don't have an exact plan yet. But I I think it has been done with drillng new mounting points into the frame and new monitor bezel's.

It seems someone has done this already over on arcade controls, trying to open a line of communication with him but so far no dice. I believe this is a 29'' nanao frame mounted into an american version that typically takes the 26''. He loosely mentions it being a bitch to center the new frame perfectly but apparently he did it.

DSC04945.jpg

If you haven't already, I encourage you to remove your 26" monitor and take a look how close those speakers are. They will not clear a 29" monitor. Look how close they would hug/obstruct a bigger tube. Pay closer attention to the curve of that plastic speaker vent. It looks wide on mine. The "bell" shape of the monitor curve may not clear but ymmv. I would also measure out your 29" viewing angle from the front. You may have the image cut off with the bezel and may have to run bezel-less. Just some things to consider. But if you get it going...I'd follow your lead with 29's as well!! 😁

Ill keep ya posted, about to dive in over the next few weeks!

The speakers are a concern for sure, it crossed my mind dumping them for something smaller/newer. I have a few spare 29' bezels that go with the WG's, they would need serious trimming but its all a guessing game until i get under the hood. I picked up a few compatible 26'' tubes out of consumer sets for a backup plan.

Back