What's new

undarated79

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently picked up my first cab as a project. It came with a Thomson A68AGA20x107 tube with a D9400 chassis. I've looked everywhere at getting a replacement chassis since this one is beyond repair. I recently had someone offer up a new D9800 chassis but I'm unsure if its compatible with my tube. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hey I just picked up the same monitor. I can provide pics, but no clue on a replacement for you

If you got chassi And yoke combo
Tube may work ok with other vga chassis

I have a few nos WG d9200, d9400
If you get a worker they are cool for mame with switch res auto sync …

IMG_2707.jpeg

These are perfect for emulation cabs.

Does anyone have a list of compatible tubes? I've 4x working d9200 chassis but only 2x scratched up tubes (put them into a twin driving cab so it plays everything from the original outrun in 15k to daytona in 24k to outrun 2 sp dx in 31k).

I tried a random 29 inch A68 tube from a beko TV but it didn't work.

The d9400 in my after burner climax cab is a flat screen. D9200 has a slight curve. Would be perfect in a naomi cab.

Does anyone have a list of compatible tubes? I've 4x working d9200 chassis but only 2x scratched up tubes (put them into a twin driving cab so it plays everything from the original outrun in 15k to daytona in 24k to outrun 2 sp dx in 31k).

The d9400 in my after burner climax cab is a flat screen. D9200 has a slight curve. Would be perfect in a naomi cab.
Let me get one of those!!!

Yoke is very high impedance

On the D9200? Or do you mean the Beko?

The D9200 should be 0.300mH horizontal (or less). I have some 100hz TV tubes I have been meaning to try to pair with the D9200, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I have some stuff to do too..
Kortek Betson 29 tri sync
I want to try .. a SanwA 29e31s yoke and chassis on
I want to try a SanwA pfx yoke and chassis
On the d2900 thompson tube above too!

So I have just tried a
SanwA pfx kw060 chassis on a
Chungwa tube and yoke from the other pfx SanwA pm1755c..
result is
IMG_2595.jpeg

It works but it only just dials in the yokes
Curvature .. reset to factory settings
The image is barrelled almost a circle!
But it just manages to straighten out in controls ..
I haven’t been into the service menus yet to see if any options there to do anything more .. or If magnets could sort it !

But I do have 2 kx06 yokes so I also plan to try a yoke swap on a chungwa pm1755c tube to the pfx kw06.

Just dumped 2x matsushita because to badly scratched.

I have 29e31s chassis and yokes x2
I have to pull 2 more pfx out of a twin driving cab!
And I got another Chinese Shanghai novel tube that I’m sure Is going
To work with one of the SanwA chassi

And I got like 6 wells Gardner nos d2900
And some of the vga only d4900 is it ?
And a d2900 tube - with a dodgy looking yoke … I need to check the windings on this yoke.
I got some rodotron 666’s some pentranic 29” tri sync
Three of the nanao I think it’s ms932 vga only from ferrari f355 .. also flat screen too ..

I got a whole lot of 29” flat screen stuff to try!
Also I have three nanao chassi vga only all going into high voltage shut down(
Need to check them out try to resolve the issues there most likely horizontal circuit )

Last edited:
D9400 are on flat tubes. D9200 are curved.

They officially are tri-sync but they display up to 800x600 so really are quad-sync unofficially. Calamity's Vmmaker PC resolution app accounts for this.

Hey I just need 2 working d9200 or d9400 chassis. I think the d9200's all came in curved but d9400 was curved but they made a 9410 model which was flat.

IMG_2078.jpeg

Un opened
My 2 d2900 are flat
IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_4386.jpeg
IMG_2679.jpeg

Calamity vmm drivers groovy mame

Last edited:
Nice! The perfect jamma/jvs/emulation/mister cab.

Do you have a flat bezel frame for the naomi to match the monitor? I think there are 3x types of bezel for the naomi. Flat, curved and "less curved".

The MS8 monitors I took out of the namco racer twin cab were fully curved and the d9200's put in place are "less curved" so there is an annoying gap.

Have you tried the d9200 chassis with the sanwa 29E31S 31k tube that came with the European naomi cabs?

No & no …
I just bloody knecked a burn free 29e31s
I have the chassi from 29e I want to try in a Sanwa pfx pm155c yoke chungwa.

Can’t find flat bezel anywhere!

I have tri sync
Wei ya .. 2931d
Pentranic. Rodatron 666
SanwA pfx. Both types x 3 of each
Wells. D2900 x 2 complete lots of chassis variants like d2400

Ms8 25” ( aero x4
29e31s. X3
Ms9 x9
SanwA 27z. X 4
IMG_2665.jpeg

Last edited: