What's new

Chelnov

Professional
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

there is a CPS-3 for sale on eBay that has the following description:

Original Capcom CPS-III main circuit board, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Fight for the Future cartridge and Street Fighter III New Generation CD. We found this one in a recent parts bulk purchase, the boards et boots to garbage without the cartridge installed and just a blank screen with cart installed. Unfortunately we don't have a CD drive to properly test (or the right CD). The cartridge's battery tests at 2.9 volts DC and is still clean as well.

We are by no means experts on this system, what you see is what you get, warehouse fresh find, sold as-is.

Do you think that fixing this board will be complicated? anyone familiar with the CPS-3 booting to garbage or blank screen with the cart? in the CPS-2 when the screen was a solid color it usually meant that the battery committed suicide which was not a big deal. I wonder if this is the case for this board.

Hey everyone,

there is a CPS-3 for sale on eBay that has the following description:

Original Capcom CPS-III main circuit board, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Fight for the Future cartridge and Street Fighter III New Generation CD. We found this one in a recent parts bulk purchase, the boards et boots to garbage without the cartridge installed and just a blank screen with cart installed. Unfortunately we don't have a CD drive to properly test (or the right CD). The cartridge's battery tests at 2.9 volts DC and is still clean as well.

We are by no means experts on this system, what you see is what you get, warehouse fresh find, sold as-is.

Do you think that fixing this board will be complicated? anyone familiar with the CPS-3 booting to garbage or blank screen with the cart? in the CPS-2 when the screen was a solid color it usually meant that the battery committed suicide which was not a big deal. I wonder if this is the case for this board.
For $800? No. You can get a working one with the drive for about the same price.

well i was thinking of offering him $400 and tell him to keep the game and simms.

I just don't know how much of a risk this is... I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the issue that they are seeing and if that is an easy fix.

For $400 you still are paying the price of a working unit. you can get a broken cps3 mobo for $50 right now on eBay too.

I see a working third strike unit for $800 for sale right now in Japan from a reputable seller if you want the link. Not sure if they’re shipping with lockdown though

Not sure if they’re shipping with lockdown though
Can confirm I've gotten (fairly quick!) packages from both buyee and zenmarket within the past month/month and a half. bought from both yaj and suguraya

@GeeDee they are launching new travel restrictions currently

@GeeDee they are launching new travel restrictions currently
oh is it something newer than the late November changes? You can still get things shipped if not, but your options for HOW you wanted it shipped are just way more limited.

Thanks everyone, I'll wait then. I just spent 500 bucks on a system 18 so Maybe in Feb ill pull the trigger on a CPS-3. Thanks everyone!!

oh is it something newer than the late November changes? You can still get things shipped if not, but your options for HOW you wanted it shipped are just way more limited.
The only limitation is no Japan Post by air; DHL, FedEx, etc are still good to go.

No JP Post by Air has been a thing since this all started. Nothing is changing in terms of what Japan Post is offering at this time. DHL, UPS and FedEx are still operating as normal, with high cost to be expected. Anyway, we're getting OT...

Price is too high for untested/probably broken IMO. I wouldn't buy it.

You never know if it's even fixable. Might need a second mobo to steal the custom chips from.

Yeah.. this is a definitive no then.... SMD soldering is far beyond my skillset. Thanks Apocalypse.

Back