What's new

Futaba Tori

Student
Reaction score
So I am finally going to do the arcade thingy I was planning to do for a while now, and I was wondering where I can get a good arcade stick for cheap, and 4 of them with preferably 1 button(each controller). A stick that would be able to function as an xbox 360 controller just because that is easier for me to set up in software.

Thanks

arcade sticks are all cheap - if your carefull where you buy from.
whats your preference, short movement and a stiff spring - usually black polymer,
or long throw soft spring with a chrome shaft and a ball??

Something for a pac man machine, I will assume the second thing you said then. Where would be a good place to buy from?

Mayflash are my current "go to" for low cost, acceptable quality and broad plug and play compatability across consoles (all the xboxes, all the PlayStations, and nintendos with an adapter))

This guy is about $60, works with most consoles including x360 and allows you to upgrade the parts later.
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-F300-Arcade-Joystick-Switch/dp/B019MFPLC0/

Alternatively you could buy a bare interface board like this, which would allow you to interface whatever you wanted to your x360 - unfortunatley by the time you've bought the board, lever, buttons and enclosures this is not going to be cheap...
https://www.brookaccessory.com/Fighting Board/list.html

If you've got some more details or pics of your setup or etc that could be helpful too

Gonna try to build a pac man battle royale machine with a windows pc inside running it
1633970093288.png

Something like this with a windows pc inside and a 24 inch monitor I had laying around. I am not gonna build the pole thing (the part that was crossed out) just because I am lazy. Anyways an arcade stick that would be compatible with windows drivers please.

lol
arcade sticks dont connect to a pc - they have switches for each direction.
something like a seimitsu LS32

would it be possible to change it from the 5 pin to usb? Or should I just buy a 360 controller and forget it?

the 5pin is just switches, you need an interface board.

would it be possible to change it from the 5 pin to usb? Or should I just buy a 360 controller and forget it?
You get a "zero delay encoder" on amazon (or wherever), plug the arcade controls into that, and then plug that into the PC via USB.

I get sticks and buttons from Focus Attack. I haven't had any issues with them. Seimitsu LS 32 or Sanwa JLF are standard equipment, unless you want to recreate that 90s US arcade feel, then get an IL eurostick.

Last edited:
Back