What's new
I know xb74 will report back with a lot better information; but since I have some buttons and some time on my hands, I figured I'd still show some differences here.

Mind you, pictures are always hard with fluorescent items. In my opinion, the pink doesn't show as well in pictures as it does IRL. The Keikou buttons and ball-tops react better than they show. Also, the white SEGA ashtray from Gate90 doesn't glow very much in these photos, but it's very apparent in-person. Similar to a white t-shirt!

Parts are as follows, left to right:
Sanwa 24mm OBSF white
Sanwa 24mm OBSF Yellow
Sanwa 30mm OBSC Pink/Clear
Sanwa 30mm OBSF Pink
Sanwa 30mm OBSF Green
Sanwa 30mm OBSC Green/Clear

Seimitsu 24mm PS-14-DN Yellow
Seimitsu 30mm PS-14-GN Keikou Pink
Seimitsu 30mm PS-14-GN Keikou Green

Sanwa LB-35 Green
Sanwa LB-35 Pink
Seimitsu LB-35 Keikou Pink
Seimitsu LB-35 Keikou Green

btns.png

IMG_4936.png

Last edited:
Got the Marvel Black Light Posters Portfolio #1 in the mail... the reaction of these posters under the UV bulb is fantastic and I highly co-sign them.

Gotta make some time to get them on the walls of the arcade now. Being repro's, I'm not going to bother framing them and just go commando style with the Blu Tac. They definitely light up the area, even the box they came in glows.

marvel_box.JPG

marvel_1.JPG
marvel_2.JPG
marvel_3.JPG
marvel_4.JPG
marvel_5.JPG
marvel_6.JPG
marvel_7.JPG
marvel_8.JPG

marvel_cabs.JPG

Nice one!

Would also be interested in finding out about other things that glow under UV light. I've had some minor successes taking random things into the arcade and noting the results. Day Glo / Fluro stuff looks really great in there.

I'm waiting on the Marvel Black Light Posters Portfolio to arrive to deck out the walls:

9781419756221_IN04.jpg

Also thinking of using Uranium Glass ashtrays which intrigue me, and are ironically cheaper than repro plastic ashtrays:

1*pc-BFDsxcUyQCvWjjUMgJg.png
Very cool! I need some lol 😆

Attachments

• 20220721_223650.jpg
    20220721_223650.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 113
Maybe I'm of a particular age, but maybe these can bring some nostalgia to some haha.

1658164195332.png
LOOOOOOL
One of my Astros still has these around the bezel on it.(got it this way) I can't take them off without it damaging the bezel, so on they stay.

A selection of Seimitsu and then a selection of Sanwa buttons I tested recently for UV light reaction.

Attachments

• FullSizeR(4).jpg
    FullSizeR(4).jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 120
  • FullSizeR(3).jpg
    FullSizeR(3).jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6197.jpg
    IMG_6197.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 115
A selection of Seimitsu and then a selection of Sanwa buttons I tested recently for UV light reaction.
Thank you for this!! Could you possibly update and name the brand and color of the ones that reacted heavily. For example:

IMG_6197.jpg

I am just guessing sort of off the top of my head, but it might be more helpful if you labeled the reactive items. And again thank you for this contribution, I don't mean to offend.

After reading your post again I realized you stated that the first set is Seimitsu, and the second set of photos was Sanwa. Sorry for the confusion. Leaving my post up in case anyone else is dumb like me and gets confused. Thanks again for your contribution.

After reading your post again I realized you stated that the first set is Seimitsu, and the second set of photos was Sanwa. Sorry for the confusion. Leaving my post up in case anyone else is dumb like me and gets confused. Thanks again for your contribution.
All good 👍
Glad I could help!
Hopefully this helps out some folks. Some surprises in there for sure. The Sanwa OBSC yellow and green performed quite well.
A nice understated tone for the PS-14-GN-C.

@xb74 can you please do a photo under UV light for all the Ball top and Bat top and Bullet top that you have? I would love to see which one does glow under UV. thanks

I'm just wondering between the Seimitsu and Sanwa in a direct side by side. I know I can take photos with a phone and still get a different auto exposure between similar shots.

It seems the two green/pink seem the same, but is that the hot pink Seimitsu? I also see some specific florescent color names, and those are typically highly UV reactive.

I'd just assume they're using the same plastic composition between buttons and ball tops?

I guess it depends on the ultraviolet light if it is blue or another colour, for example when I put pink in my room the yellow colours turn orange, I also like these optical effects.

I'm talking the standard black lights that are long wave UV and you'll see them as a dim purple lamp. A blue light UV are just unfiltered black lights.

I see a few of the buttons (like standard yellow) that just go black and that's something I'd rather not have. I don't mind the pink to orange, as long as it's standing out from the CP. Just wondering based on the game room photos I saw one ball top popping more than another, could just be the angle of the single bulb and camera position.

See a few of the CP that have UV ink on it. My Stranger Things pinball has a UV paint later for the update down mode and UV lights for the playfield that light it up. It's a really cool effect and gives a nice pop. So nice that repros can have that touch.

Qanba is coming out with some fluorescence balltops:
https://qanba.vip/products/qanba-fluorescence-joystick-balltop-smooth-matte?VariantsId=10349

They should be cheaper at places like ArcadeShock once they start carrying them. Who knows, they might make some pushbuttons to match later. But either way I'm pretty stoked for these balltops!
These are interesting. They look like they’re not just UV reactive; rather, they’re glow in the dark! I would love to see what they look like under UV

Yep, they glow in the dark! Here are the balltops of my collection that are UV reactive. I have labeled them to help others. Please note the generic Paradise Arcade Shop Clear Bubble Balltop is a bit of an anomaly. I ordered 4 clear ones and one of the four randomly reacts to UV and the others do not.

Look.jpg

Yep, they glow in the dark! Here are the balltops of my collection that are UV reactive. I have labeled them to help others. Please note the generic Paradise Arcade Shop Clear Bubble Balltop is a bit of an anomaly. I ordered 4 clear ones and one of the four randomly reacts to UV and the others do not.

Look.jpg
Lovin the kuchi kopi 😁

I really like the light effect, one question to give that optical effect do you use some kind of uv lamp or a normal led in your room ?

Look.jpg
The Sanwa star Balltop, was that an older product line or a limited run sometime in the past?

Back