What's new
I really like the light effect, one question to give that optical effect do you use some kind of uv lamp or a normal led in your room ?
If you are talking about the glow ball tops from Qanba, uv works better than led. You would need an extremely bright led light to energize the phosphors in the ball tops to compare how well uv energizes them. To energize them with normal led you would need a really bright flashlight. Easier to just go with some UV lights.

The Sanwa star Balltop, was that an older product line or a limited run sometime in the past?
Older product that was super limited. To my knowledge it was really only ever sold at physical events and expos that Sanwa was at. A few shops would buy enough at these events to sell a limited amount but I have not seen one for sale in a really long time(over a decade). I believe it was also only available in 45mm.

Also thanks for the World of Balltops books!! Very nice additions to go with my collection!

Last edited:
Older product that was super limited. To my knowledge it was really only ever sold at physical events and expos that Sanwa was at. A few shops would buy enough at these events to sell a limited amount but I have not seen one for sale in a really long time(over a decade). I believe it was also only available in 45mm.

Also thanks for the World of Balltops books!! Very nice additions to go with my collection!
You are very welcome and absolutely my pleasure!
That Sanwa balltop is very unique indeed! You have a great mix of items there :)

I just happened to have taken some photos of the white lever roppers I have in my inventory -
From top left to bottom right for the type/manufacturer: Coolbear delrin bullettop, Seimitsu bullet top, Coolbear light purple bullet top, Sanwa white, Sanwa MESH white, Seimitsu gold leaf white, Buttercade white, Sanwa bat top, Seimitsu white, KDiT Torii, KDiT Nippon, KDiT MESH white.

The KDiT gear is a clear step ahead of the others for reactive properties under UV light.

20240310_210737.jpg

20240310_210809.jpg

20240310_211315.jpg

Back