What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would be the right person to message for help with issue with Artax multi. I am running it in an x3, but there are some games that after the character selection screen is compelted, the controls stop responding. Any help would be apprecited

Since the main thread remains closed and 4.1 just came out and I just wasted a lot of time. I just want to let people know.. do NOT waste your time on the 4.1 multi if you are an xinput only user. This will NOT work for you (unless you use some wrapper which I do not consider viable.)

I guess at this point the "community" version is the version you want for xinput. I did not know that, wasted a ton of time - and now I'm just going back to my "home made multi" which consists of Windows 10, Launchbox, MAME and TeknoParrot.

How's KOF 15 on the new release?
I tried extracting it and adding it to the older release, they changed some of the directories concerning attractmode and it looks like they changed the name of fastio.exe to io.exe. Unknown as to what changes were made past that. This means the .a3x script needs to be decompiled and edited and compiled again. :S probably better off just using the new image!

For some reason I can only get 1P working on KOF15 and annoyingly I don't seem to be able to change the button layout from

LK HK
LP HP

to
LK HP HK
LP

as the last two buttons of a 6 button panel have already been mapped to space and enter. I think this has been done in the specific KOFXV io.exe that the .a3x runs.

We already said that we dont want to see discussions about this kind of stuff in the forum. It's too new. There are other places like NeoArcadia and similar places where they welcome discussions about this. We believe that this is too new.

I would also love this image too

If you're interested in doing your own, it's not that hard. I'm about done with my DIY multi (ended up giving up on Launchbox.. that was a waste of money.) -
Did a custom AttractMode theme with a lot of the games and data from Artax and learned how to use JConfig to get rid of TeknoParrot.
It's not as fancy as the Artax nesica theme but adding a game takes me all of a minute.

Attachments

• TTX.PNG
    TTX.PNG
    983.2 KB · Views: 109
If you're interested in doing your own, it's not that hard. I'm about done with my DIY multi (ended up giving up on Launchbox.. that was a waste of money.) -
Did a custom AttractMode theme with a lot of the games and data from Artax and learned how to use JConfig to get rid of TeknoParrot.
It's not as fancy as the Artax nesica theme but adding a game takes me all of a minute.
I dont know if my english is getting worse, but we made clear that we dont want to see those topics around. This is too new. Otherwise I'll have to lock the thread.

I think it may be your English because my post had nothing to do with piracy.

Edit: I guess I have to "back up my claim" - I was just discussing the technical viability of not relying on someone else's work (which may be hard to get or not applicable to you.) - I asked for input regarding some of the other technical details in another thread (https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ybe-some-help-with-windows-re-shelling.22726/) but nobody chimed in.

Last edited:
I think it may be your English because my post had nothing to do with piracy.

Edit: I guess I have to "back up my claim" - I was just discussing the technical viability of not relying on someone else's work (which may be hard to get or not applicable to you.) - I asked for input regarding some of the other technical details in another thread (https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ybe-some-help-with-windows-re-shelling.22726/) but nobody chimed in.

You are talking about software that is used for piracy as well as a multi that is piracy. A mod is asking to stop talking about it, you should simply stop. No additional info needed.

Might as well lock this thread since there is no chance of new information here, only chance of it getting worse. We know why the other thread was shutdown already.

You are talking about software that is used for piracy as well as a multi that is piracy.
Oh please, tell me to shut up but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. I was specifically talking about open source software and none of the actual piracy related to it. If that's somehow impure, shut down github.

I don't think I will, I take offence to being "called out" because the Artax image is a shit show of piracy. I was specifically discussing NOT using it for that reason and showing that you can simply install open source software and use any game you want - including Steam (which you would have to pay for.)

I guess I'll have to stick to selling means of pirating older games to be accepted here. 🙄

EDIT: I specifically think it's asinine to forbid discussing the technology involved behind running software because some people have chosen to specifically use it for evil. For that to be viable we need to discuss which specific parts of the "multi" are off limits.

Windows? AttractMode? AutoIt? MAME? Demul? JConfig? TeknoParrot? Because I was only discussing those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back