What's new
For Sale
Posts about getting cabs to the East Coast.

Can't find any in good enough condition.

Hasn't logged in for a few weeks even.

And people keep saying they're interested...

Hmm.

Posts about getting cabs to the East Coast.

Can't find any in good enough condition.

Hasn't logged in for a few weeks even.

And people keep saying they're interested...

Hmm.
I think they realize on the CRT cab side of the house, even if you legitimately have someone in JP. The condition they are looking for is slim to none. Something many of us have brought up for a few years now.

Still having friends that are Japanese citizens from the 3 months I spent there in 2005 training Tokyo's SAR teams. In 2019, its like finding a needle in a haystack going thru a JPN distributor or reseller.

The cabs they see in good to great condition are through private sales now.

Got a bunch of CRT candies (lots of astros) lined up; I'm just waiting on my numbers to pass em on.
Still working on CRT cabs that aren't mostly junk like they were trying to pawn off on me...
So ...

I wish everyone nothing but the best of luck. Not hating or trying to blow up anything. But going from one thing, to the other, and then just not communicating at all?

That's all red flags to me. Shipping in games isn't rocket science, but it is a bit of work, and takes some navigating. And communication. And, what people don't want to hear, the supply of candies in Japan is drying up fast. They just aren't there for the picking anymore, and the good ones are going to favorite clients and staying in house, not getting loaded up on containers for people who haven't been doing this already.

Just make sure you're comfortable with the deal and the communication, that's all, and keep your expectations in line with what's going on, not what you wish was happening.

Got a bunch of CRT candies (lots of astros) lined up; I'm just waiting on my numbers to pass em on.
Still working on CRT cabs that aren't mostly junk like they were trying to pawn off on me...
So ...
I wish everyone nothing but the best of luck. Not hating or trying to blow up anything. But going from one thing, to the other, and then just not communicating at all?
Same on wishing ppl the best. My post had no intentions of ill will, just the reality of the situation.

When it comes to importing newer music machines Vs older CRT cabs the struggle is real in 2019 to get CRTs in good condition, period.

yeah, I was excited, responded/pm'd within 2-3 hours of original post, and have checked back 10-12 times a day it seems with high hopes but that is fleeting. YukiSPX last logged in Oct. 30th.

I will still hold out hope but any information would be nice. I hope Yuki is ok.

yeah, I was excited, responded/pm'd within 2-3 hours of original post, and have checked back 10-12 times a day it seems with high hopes but that is fleeting. YukiSPX last logged in Oct. 30th.

I will still hold out hope but any information would be nice. I hope Yuki is ok.
Same I hope she can do it, and yeah hope nothing happened to her as well. And I may be alone but I'm not looking for a pristine cab, I know supply is low and demand is high. If I have to get a cab and break it down and clean it, I'm ok with that a little burn in sure.

So I personally have communicated with her of site. Great person and prolly helping me get a few as is cabinets in February, March. Not sure why she hasn’t been around but she doesn’t seem to blow smoke she has stated what she can get. It’s mostly rhythm games. she has a record of selling and helping patch Rhythm games For a few years on FB.

So I personally have communicated with her of site. Great person and prolly helping me get a few as is cabinets in February, March. Not sure why she hasn’t been around but she doesn’t seem to blow smoke she has stated what she can get. It’s mostly rhythm games. she has a record of selling and helping patch Rhythm games For a few years on FB.

Yes, but the large concern besides the lack of communication is the reality of newer rhythm games VS CRT cabinets in 2019.

It will be extremely hard to pull off the quality she is claiming/looking for, unless she does more than just clean them and at the same time acquires plenty of spare parts and even monitors.

Also private sales acquisition for higher quality by bypassing resellers and distributors requires more resources and temp storage in Japan.

Her other option is reducing the quality she is looking for and pricing appropriately for project cabinets. This would essentially be a KC type operation on the East Coast only with reasonable prices for the grade of the cabinet. I just don't see this currently when the demand outweighs the availability.

Whats with the hard on thread crapping here? Not just Yuki but KC too? If ya dont like it just move the ef on? She has been communicative to me, even if I am just kicking the tires. Nothing but nice and respective. All this vitriol reminds me of the NG days. Maybe it would help if you search her out on the other channels as well. We all dont check AP as much as we used to, lets be real.

Whats with the hard on thread crapping here?
I mean, she did come in, rile everyone up by crapping on KC's threads/cabs/sales/etc and promising candy promised land to the East Coast folks, and then dropped off the site for weeks...

Glad she's been good to you off-site, but she's done nothing positive on-site except raise people's hopes, then say she can't find anything and then disappear...

And the KC comment was just pointing out that she's not some candy savior, just someone with equal or lesser access to the same stuff KC has, except on the East Coast.

Whats with the hard on thread crapping here? Not just Yuki but KC too? If ya dont like it just move the ef on? She has been communicative to me, even if I am just kicking the tires. Nothing but nice and respective. All this vitriol reminds me of the NG days. Maybe it would help if you search her out on the other channels as well. We all dont check AP as much as we used to, lets be real.
so like where is Yuki?

unless I’m mistaken the people here complaining are looking for her and do use A-P as their hub. Maybe you don’t call this place home but it’s at 6k members with record concurrency as of 3 weeks ago, so being real you could do folks here a service by letting them know where she is accessible.

so like where is Yuki?
unless I’m mistaken the people here complaining are looking for her and do use A-P as their hub. Maybe you don’t call this place home but it’s at 6k members with record concurrency as of 3 weeks ago, so being real you could do folks here a service by letting them know where she is accessible.
Nah im not going to dox her. Lets just say she is known as a vendor on the anime con circuit. You can do the homework.

Don't put words in my mouth, I didnt say AP isnt my home.

Im not defending her, just wondering why all the vitriol.
Ill gracefuly bow out now.

@PlayYing I pretty much spelled it out for you.

And potential buyers having to chase sellers from platform to platform is silly.

If you want to sell somewhere: have something to sell, and actually log in and reply to people.

Hi I'm super sorry I'm really bad at forums, I literally haven't used one in years and when I don't actively see notifs I just don't think about it.
I'll add the three best places to contact me here and to op, I'll spend a bit getting caught up over the next couple days. I've had a few unlucky things popping up in the past month so it's been difficult.

Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry for the frustration I've caused you over the past month.

Facebook: Abigail Minami
Discord: Yuki#5733 (capital Y, discord is caps sensitive)
LINE: snowy-starlight

@YukiSPX I don't use any of those platforms. Sent you a DM a few weeks back though. Would love a response.

@rewrite and anyone else with knowledge and experience of the market over the past few years. What should my expectations be for a candy cab (condition, etc) coming in through a group buy or someone importing like this if I'm on the east coast? I see a lot of people talking about having to clean them up, is that literally just needing to hose them down and disinfect? Or are they having to weld stuff back together (plastic or metal welding) and do big time repairs to these things?

Also, for monitors, how do people typically fix these machines which I am reading often have horrible burn in. Are most people swapping out the tube?

Back