What's new
For Sale
If that's the case then yeah I can do it, just need to order the 5 position EH connectors. How long exactly should it be, and is there a specific pinout or is it straight through like a MS9?

Hi~
Can you make Taito J Control Panel harness(player 1) for Vewlix?
If you do, would you please send me a PM about price and etc?
Thank you!

Hi~
Can you make Taito J Control Panel harness(player 1) for Vewlix?
If you do, would you please send me a PM about price and etc?
Thank you!
Thanks for the interest, I replied to the PM but just want to state to the general thread that I typically don't do full control panel (buttons+lever), or JAMMA/main cab harnesses. These are a lot of time consuming work and I don't have the bandwidth right now because I spend 8-5 at the megacorp working on lame and boring stuff. Maybe someday I'll quit and move to somewhere with low property values and just make cool arcade stuff all day!

Do you make full harnesses for classic Williams games (like Moon Patrol)?

I don't make full harnesses at the moment and I'm definitely not the right guy for golden age stuff, sorry.

@dos what crimper do you use for the AMP UP connectors? I’ve just bought an Iwiss IWS-3220M but not sure it’s the right tool until it arrives. I’ve looked at the TE catalogue and saw the genuine tools in there but they’re too pricey for my needs. Cheers mate.

Last edited:
@dos what crimper do you use for the AMP UP connectors? I’ve just bought an Iwiss IWS-3220M but not sure it’s the right tool until it arrives. I’ve looked at the TE catalogue and saw the genuine tools in there but they’re too pricey for my needs. Cheers mate.
I personally use the genuine tool purchased used/surplus. If I didn't have that I would use an Iwiss SN-2549 which is pretty decent.

Idea: adapters for brook UFB boards. The optional harness is great for the Zero Pi .. unless you want to use something different for L3/R3 then you're forced to solder to the board (no terminals for R3/L3.)

I don't own one of those as I don't do much on consoles, can you go into more detail (like what connector on the brook you want to connect to, etc)?

Please bare with me, while I may be a Linux engineer.. I suck with this stuff.

The white edge connectors here are the only non-solder way to address L3/R3 and I believe Share (I only care about R3/L3 for Xinput)

The problem is: A) I need a bit more distance and B) The buttons I'm using for this purpose are cheapo spares with nonstandard connectors. For the time being I'll probably just hack up and heat shield what I need but I'd bet a LOT of people could use those (in fact I JUST saw a video of someone else complaining they had to solder for L3/R3 for similar reasons.)
1657400388864.png
1657400454328.png

And this is how my cheapo buttons connect.

EDIT: For more clarification the output is the same on the above board:
1657400583465.png

Got it, I'm going to send you a PM, thanks

Thanks @dos. I’ve spotted a couple of 354940-1 on eBay already. Wrong dies but could be a bargain. Thanks for the tip on Iwiss. Also I agree with @64MK. I got pre-made harness for my L3 R3 button connector on a Brook board, but some of the other connectors I wish I had more options.

Custom order of CPS2 3P/4P converters, these allow you to play Konami, Data East (Night Slashers, Avengers), and Irem (Undercover Cops, Ninja Baseball Bat Man) 3P/4P games on a cab/supergun that's already wired for CPS2 3P/4P stuff. CPS2 to CPS1 and Taito F3 are also options. $15 each:

P1070523.JPG

P1070522.JPG

Also available as direct connections to the HAS/Minigun 3P/4P adapter if you don't have a CPS2 harness already.

Looking great, glad it worked for you man!

In case anyone's doing the same, he needed a harness for the touchpad/L3/R3 connections coming off his brook:

1657928544824.png

This is what I came up with:
.jpg

There's a 4-pin PH connector going to the Brook, and standard .110 fastons for the buttons. with 3 feet from connector to button. The ground for this particular harness is daisy chained with 17" of space between each terminal, to allow for buttons that are far apart suited for the Vewlix upper controls. It can also be made with the standard couple inches of space if the buttons will be close together.

1. Yes ,I have .187 faston connector and housings
2. I do have JST NH connectors but not in 13-pin (at the moment I have 4,5,8,9,10,11,15 pin), it can be ordered though

Just PM me with your idea and I'll work with you to find the best solution

New tool day

P1070549.JPG

This crimps a contact I've only ever seen on Seibu games, JAE IL-G (very on brand for Seibu to choose something goofy like this).

This means Zero Team 3P/4P adapters are now available, here's one going out to an A-P member to convert a CPS2 3P/4P harness:

P1070543.JPG

Back