What's new
Want To Buy
Ah yeah, not yet. But I probably will. When I find it in my moving mess I'll mail it off asap.

Acctually if anybody has a spare 5380 key they could sell me I really appreciate it.

I forgot about this thread, I mailed the 5380 to the lock picking lawyer. If someone else has an intact one to send to Locklab to cover our bases that would be awesome.

I forgot about this thread, I mailed the 5380 to the lock picking lawyer. If someone else has an intact one to send to Locklab to cover our bases that would be awesome.
Ill check, I think I found one the other day and dismissed it cause Ill probably never use it. Now gotta find it again lol. Maybe Ill search for something else so I can find it faster.

Ill check, I think I found one the other day and dismissed it cause Ill probably never use it. Now gotta find it again lol. Maybe Ill search for something else so I can find it faster.

If you decide to sell it after you loan it out let me know, lol.

Crap, I thought you had found them already. I legit tossed it back cause I thought no one needed it, so many bins to go through again lol. But Im sure I will find it, just need to search for something else that I wont find :D

I mailed one to both LPL and bonsai bill back when this thread was created...

Bonsai Bill is now retired and no longer making videos :-/

I missed this thread until it got bumped today. I'm a bit of a lock nerd myself, and I see lots of LPL fans here too, I imagine we're all wired the same way lol. I could have told you the 5380s are magnetic, but I can do you one better, I've already watched breakdown and picking videos for them, just dug the links out of my YouTube history:

View: https://youtu.be/MGrjhk1kQlg

and

View: https://youtu.be/A_jmbFNCrKc

They're definitely pickable! But a little on the exotic side, and not something everyone will be prepared to tackle. Which is the whole point of these locks in the first place I guess.

Oh very nice! I had seen videos for similar locks but not the sega branded ones.

Recreating a key would be possible but machining or fabricating the metal with the magnets inside would probably be a big pain, at least en masse.

But, those videos are a very happy end to this story!

Back