What's new
Item has been found

tDRG

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have my first candy cab (Blast City) on the way, so I'd like to get some boards for it. If anyone has some for sale, suggestions on other places to look and what the typical price ranges are, or general setup/buying tips, they would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll stalk the marketplace board.

For the CPS2, I'm interested in the US version with blue B boards. I'd like to start with a working A & B set: Alpha 2, Vampire Savior, Super Turbo, or X-Men vs. Street Fighter would be ideal, preferably battery-less with infinikey and original ROMs. I plan to install a darksoft multi kit at some point soon, so it looks like I need a suicided B board and the kit from highscoresave.com.

For CPS3, I really would just want to run 3rd Strike, but it sounds like there's no good solution for replacing the battery. I don't want to have to worry about that, so I'll just install a multi kit. I think I'm looking for a US CPS3 motherboard (with original metal case but no CD drive required?), an UltraBios cart, and then I'll pick up Darksoft's Ultra Simm kit from highscoresave.com. I've heard that the volume potentiometers can be finicky, is that something to watch out for?

For the Naomi, I plan to start with a Naomi 2 US motherboard with a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 cartridge. I'll pick up a Netdimm cart and install the multibios later on for a netboot setup.

Thanks!

Yeah, good point. I assume repro dimms are pretty cheap. We'll see, if I had a multi solution, it would be nice to play other games without waiting 45 minutes. What would you recommend to replace the disc drive to use with the superbios? SCSI2SD?

Last edited:
Awesome! How long do the games stay in memory after being powered off?

Is there a game(s) that you are looking to play that is Naomi 2 only? Naomi 1 is usually a bit less money and I hear Naomi2 can be a bit more temperamental hardware.

Until you overwrite with a new game or a simm go bad
Perfect, thanks.

Is there a game(s) that you are looking to play that is Naomi 2 only? Naomi 1 is usually a bit less money and I hear Naomi2 can be a bit more temperamental hardware.
Nope! Good to know, I'll look for a Naomi 1 then. Thanks for the heads up!

in case of I have one multi cps3 DS to sell, with 2 128 simms new:

20220142.jpg

I should be set for now, thanks everyone.

Back