What's new

JEScism

Beginner
Reaction score
I just got my sound fixed by @Mitsurugi-w, thank you. I have another problem with my board and was hoping that someone could direct me to a solution. He said " You do still have a fault on the pcb. Your P1 coin button is stuck closed."

I don't have a X-men cab so I just put it into my Turtles cab and players 2-4 coin up but not #1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

@Mitsurugi-w wasn't able to find/fix he problem during his time with it? That's gonna be hard to pinpoint over the internet now!

If you are willing to mail it someone else, my friend fixed my Xmen that Misi wasn't able to fix as well, but you'll be paying shipping (I think, b/c I have no idea where Clifton Park is, add your state!)

Thank you for the reply and I fixed my profile. I was just seeing if anyone has dealt with something similar before I send it out. I will take a look at it soon, I just pulled it from the box because I am selling off things and I wanted to get it working before I sold it.

If I can't fix it I'll contact you and set something up with your friend.

- Joel

I didnt attempt to track down the issue. If I get swamped with work I just do what I was asked to do. In this case install the sound module.

I'm not a trained PCB repair guy so if it isnt obvious I probably wont find the fault.

Good points @Mitsurugi-w I just meant if you didn’t see anything obvious while it was in your hands, it’s likely even harder for someone on these boards to try to pin point via pictures.

My board was a corroded trace near the sound chip that was replaced.

I hope you had Mitsy put in socket so you could easily remove the sound chip. If so pop it off and look all around that area. Basically my soundboard like yours stopped working and the capacitors leaked onto a trace near there causing problems.

I dont even give people an option anymore. The socket is installed by default. Lol.

A stuck input isnt a hard thing to fix usually. If I hadnt been buried at the time I probably could have done it. :(

Back