What's new

skusuma

Professional
Reaction score
Hi, I got this x68000 monitor CZ-600DB recently. I hooked it up with NES to the composite video (yellow) and audio (white) jacks. I got the picture but the "P." won't go away (see attached picture). Did anyone have this type of monitor and have this issue as well? Maybe I need a remote to turn it off?

Attachments

• 20240218_202557.jpg
    20240218_202557.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 71
Ive never seen more capaictors in a single device as this monitor before. Its like the aliens nest of capacitors inside. I sent one to gunblade before and even he couldnt fix it. Probably the only crt he could not fix!

😁 The monitor seems to work fine now. It's only that the channel indicator won't go away. Did you have the same issue?

Nonive never seen that p before. Theres a japanese manual for it.. you can use google apps to translate them?

I can't find the manual for it. Do you mind to share the link if you're able to find it on the internet?

You need to have the remote control to turn off the overlay. :( I have a remote control -- if I can "scan" the IR codes I could post them. anyone know how to do that?

There used to be apps for your phone to turn it into a remote. Was fun sitting in restuarants switching the channels with the waiter's frantically rushing about trying to find the remote to change it back.

There used to be apps for your phone to turn it into a remote. Was fun sitting in restuarants switching the channels with the waiter's frantically rushing about trying to find the remote to change it back.
I think the phone needs to have the infrared feature too

@nem Do you know how to program IR Codes with Remote Master software? I went through the hifi-remote.com site and tried to program my JP-1 remote (ARRX15G) but I got lost. I also posted at the forum of that site asking for help.

It's probably been over 10 years when I last programmed a remote. I have no recollection, sorry.

@nem Do you know how to program IR Codes with Remote Master software? I went through the hifi-remote.com site and tried to program my JP-1 remote (ARRX15G) but I got lost. I also posted at the forum of that site asking for help.
That ARRX15G looks pretty flash for an old remote, I have a oneforall JP1 remote and yeah it's a bit of a pita, i've done it through this website before

https://www.simpleset.com/

you follow the prompts and it generates the file you download into your remote using the USB connection. Although that site is built for 'oneforall' I thought JP1 remotes all used the same setup process so maybe you can generate the file on that site?

That ARRX15G looks pretty flash for an old remote, I have a oneforall JP1 remote and yeah it's a bit of a pita, i've done it through this website before

https://www.simpleset.com/

you follow the prompts and it generates the file you download into your remote using the USB connection. Although that site is built for 'oneforall' I thought JP1 remotes all used the same setup process so maybe you can generate the file on that site?
Thank you. I'll check the website out.

Back