What's new
Bit of a bump--anyone happen to have yoke readings for the Kortek KT-2914F? I found resistance online (Rh .5ohm Rv 3ohm) but not inductance.

PFX and PF will have compatible yokes.

Well, PFX and PF have near compatible yokes. The horizontal inductance is pretty close between the 2 so no issues there. The vertical inductance on the PF yokes is in the neighborhood of 12-14mH, whereas the PFX is around 7-8mH.

If you put the Tosh PF chassis on the PFX tube, you will likely not get full vertical size. The fix is pretty easy, see my mod thread here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/toshiba-tri-sync-pbxx-pdxx-pexx-notes-mods.21081/

Check out the 'Vertical Deflection' modification. You will need to change R323 from a ~1.0Ohm down to something around 0.750Ohm and that should give you more current in the vertical deflection and allow for full vertical size.

I tried to run a PB9929 and his Yoke on Matsushita Flat tube from pfx combo. I have a good picture but with very high contrast (closed to white screen). The contrast level is blocked at 200, and impossible to move it.
Any idea to succes to transform it combo mathsushita/Toshiba please.

img_1053.jpg

I tried to run a PB9929 and his Yoke on Matsushita Flat tube from pfx combo. I have a good picture but with very high contrast (closed to white screen). The contrast level is blocked at 200, and impossible to move it.
Any idea to succes to transform it combo mathsushita/Toshiba please.

img_1053.jpg
The Toshiba MCU seems to have a bug where it corrupts the I2C EPROM, and when this happens it corrupts the contrast value so you cannot change it. See this thread for the fix: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/toshiba-pd1843-15khz-dim-image-low-brightness.26132/

You basically take the I2C EPROM off the I2C bus when you power on the monitor, the MCU will then load default values. Then you put the EPROM back on the I2C bus while the monitor is on and re-write all the saved values. This should overwrite any corruption and fix the stuck contrast.

Back