What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
The multi will play like a normal cart. Unibios shouldn't have issues. A reg bios will just act like the region it came from.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but will this cart support games that are not on other multi-carts, due to custom chips/encryption, IE Windjammers with the PCM chip, etc.

Last edited:
can't wait to rip up all my friends in windjammies on AES <3 <3 <3
They should do an HD remake of Windjammers.
A Japanese mobile company called G Mode owned most of the Data East IPs after they went bankrupt. G-Mode didn't do much with them outside of putting games up on the Wii Virtual Market place and then delisting them later. I believe Marvelous bought G-Mode last year and got most of the Data East catalogue (though a company called PAON has some titles).

I would love to Marvelous release a new Windjammers and make Night Slashers accessible. Data East has a lot of great games.

can't wait to rip up all my friends in windjammies on AES <3 <3 <3
They should do an HD remake of Windjammers.
why when you can experience the game in its original 240p glory??? :P

You have a point though, there already is a pretty sizeable amount of people that are fans of the original, I could see it becoming pretty popular given the e-sports and fighting game culture as of now.

On the other hand I'm afraid they wouldn't do justice to the original game.

That being said I'm more than happy with game in it's current state... now it's just convincing non-retro friends to join in

I've seen a lot of wish list stuff. Is there a version 1 feature list?

I.e Has FPGA been decided? Will it require an SD card, have on board flash, a USB port, will it load one game at a time and hold that game, can it be run in a multi slot system and act like a regular cart and cycle through all games in the normal Neo Geo attract mode? What's the target price?

BTW I want one. Take my money please.... :D

Well, it has all been discussed in the 45 pages of this thread :)

the short version is that FPGA has been decided because of shorter load time. The cartridge has 5 buses, the 3 bigger ones are served using FPGA+DDR2 memory and other 2 will be served with ARM + 32M flash memory.
Target price about $400. It will have 4 slots so it will allow for 4 games loaded at once in one single slot MVS. About how it will work on 4 slots, I'm still doing some analysis, but for sure you'll need to change games pressing the "CHANGE GAME" button that the cartridge (not the cabinet) has. It will load games from a microSD.

That's basically it.

HI Darksoft...maybe I missed it, but the 4 games, does that mean it will only hold 4 or will it hold 4 and then be able to load more from the SD?

It means it will hold up to 4 games at the same time, they can be the ones you want and in the order you want. They'll be loaded from MicroSD on startup.

a quick and simple question : does the recent NGDev team's games will work on the cart ?

a quick and simple question : does the recent NGDev team's games will work on the cart ?
No. It is a multicart designed to play games made 20 years ago, not to pirate recent games from hard-working developers. Not to mention that those games have protections that make hard to even dump them.

No. It is a multicart designed to play games made 20 years ago, not to pirate recent games from hard-working developers. Not to mention that those games have protections that make hard to even dump them.
As was addressed earlier, they don't even resemble MVS hardware really. They have their own CPU on-board along with other custom hardware. It's pretty much just using the MVS motherboard to send out audio/video and receive controls. They're simply another beast altogether.

As was addressed earlier, they don't even resemble MVS hardware really. They have their own CPU on-board along with other custom hardware. It's pretty much just using the MVS motherboard to send out audio/video and receive controls. They're simply another beast altogether.
it is the answer i was waiting for. i know the cartridges hardware is different so it's why i've asked if the multi can play them.
And to aha2940 : The Joconde was painted +300 years ago, try to sell a copy of it ... Recent or old the games are copyrighted. I can't buy NGdev team games just because they are too expensives for me , but who cares, the only important thing in neogeo games is how much benefits you can make with them in a few years ...

i'm sure that if NGdev team release there games as roms for emulation the peoples who bought the games will be the same, not more not less.
i'll never put +400€ for a game that is maybe a piece of shit.

i'm sure that if NGdev team release there games as roms for emulation the peoples who bought the games will be the same, not more not less.
The sad thing is they already do this by releasing on Dreamcast. The iso's are up on the net inside a week. To be honest, I'm thankful in a way, or else I'd have bought GunLord. The artwork looks great, controls are AWFUL. I'm glad I didn't shell out almost $500 for the MVS cart. I'd have been upset had I spent $60 on the DC version. Some of their other games are great, but GunLord... Oy.

But you're right. They always sell out of MVS and AES copies of every new game without fail. Then wait a while and release DC copies which also usually sell out right away.

If only they make some demo versions/roms , but maybe they don't want us to taste the gameplay :D

That would actually be a good idea, if they would release a version for the multi which ONLY contains 1 level or something like that, so people may buy it after testing.

However it's their call, not mine.

The mvs-multi could even encourage the home brew scene....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back