What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
400usd, that's 530AUD

I can buy a car.. or a really mint prostitute for that kind of money
Buying a car for that amount won't buy you anyting decent but will get you someone else's dumped shit. I strongly advice a pushbike, scooter or public transport as it sounds like you do not have the financial means to keep it maintained. As for the prostitute.. Just your right or left ✋ saves you a lot of money. The multikit will give pleasure over and over and will most likely keep it's value. ;)

Lol yeah, they weren't good examples.

Mitsu, was going by that euro link. i didn't convert to usd, yea you're right obviously its only 100 usd more..

So what country do I need to move to for this thing to be considered cheap again ?

So what country do I need to move to for this thing to be considered cheap again ?
You get what you pay for, my friend. If you aim to release a cheap item then you are only sacrificing quality. We aren't trying to release shit. This will be well worth the money.

400usd, that's 530AUD

I can buy a car.. or a really mint prostitute for that kind of money
Buying a car for that amount won't buy you anyting decent but will get you someone else's dumped shit. I strongly advice a pushbike, scooter or public transport as it sounds like you do not have the financial means to keep it maintained. As for the prostitute.. Just your right or left ✋ saves you a lot of money. The multikit will give pleasure over and over and will most likely keep it's value. ;)
I dunno, I bought a pretty sweet 1983 Mercedes 300SD TurboDiesel for $300 a six months back. Interior is mint, outside is 9/10. Didn't brake. Popped in a $17 O-Ring and have put 5k miles on it since. Plus, I get almost 40MPG.

The hooker on the other hand was not as good of an investment.

I'd say 400 usd is very reasonable for 150 arcade games on real hardware. I mean that's like 2.70$ for each game - on neo geo AES no less.

Also as consumers we don't really get to see where alot of the costs are coming from... I know krikkz once made a post detailing this. Just know you are buying a hell of alot more than just the materials alone. and you get to support the best part of our niche industry to pave way for more flashcarts in the future.

well maybe im just cheap then.

No body is forcing me to like the price and I don't.

before disliking my comments tho, keep in mind the reason for why isn't automatically the manufacturers fault.. currency differences and conversion does appear to play a big part in why its going to probably cost me $750 or up.. after tax, after conversion from eur to us to aud or whatever, and after shipping.

as I first mentioned in the thread it would be great to play blazing star on neo geo hardware without taking out a mortgage to do so, only when I said that I was referring to blazing star being about $2k AUD, and was under the impression that I could have one of these nifty carts for a tenth of that, not almost half of that...

sorry not sorry, I dont like the price, I dont like that im going to have to scrimp for a few months or get a personal loan to buy this when its released.

Guys, first off, I'm happy that there's a price. Second, I'm not complaining. Why? Some of the games I want aren't on any multi, and buying them, alongside with a couple of other games, is going to push me over the pricetag of the board anyway. I'm happy. Don't complain about it. If you don't like then don't buy.

I take it that the HW has been determined now and the release date is set?

As far as being able to pirate the newer carts made by the NG:DEV team, I say to go ahead and make the boards able to play the new games. Why? The people that would pay for the newer games are going to buy the cart. Those that wouldn't pay for it would play it in emulation or something anyway. This could be the device that leads to a lot more developers picking up developing for the NG platform.

honnestly you can't blame people who can't afford the multi card ... 400$ is a huge amount for a MVS user.

I'm ok with all the discussion : it's a awesome card, you can play everything in perfect condition. You're lucky to be able to pay 400$ for the card

in my opinion : i can't justify this amount, i've got a 161 in 1 (buy 60$) and it's sur i miss few games (not many) and I hope a new multi will just add windjammers and i'll be fine with MVS (for gaming only, not in the aim of collect game possible).

I'll just add than i've buy the multi cps2 (and i'm so glad of it) for 300$. it was the contrary, buy games than i would play cost me more of that.

for some people the cost is like a balance so we're so grateful to Darksoft and his work but please, just accept than 400$ for a multi MVS (not for AES) is not so easy to afford

(excuse my bad English, i hope my mind is true :) )

One possible way to see it:

Option 1:
You can get the multi for $400. Yes, it's big money but it will play all (?) games perfectly, even if some roms require being modified.

Option 2:
sure, you can get the 161 for $60.
Then you will need to pay $150 for Metal Slug 5.
Then you will be paying $90 for Magician Lord.
Then another $90 for NAM1975.
Then another $150 for Windjammers.
Then $200 for Sengoku 2. Yes, it is that expensive. No, it's not *that* good, but it is good.
Then $140 for Garou, because the beta version in the 161 will not work.
Then $40 for Aero Fighters 3, because it's bugged on the 161.

Now you have paid way more than you would for the multicard, and you still do not have all the games at your disposal.

Regards.

400usd, that's 530AUD

I can buy a car.. or a really mint prostitute for that kind of money.

shit i can buy 2 AES consoles at that price.

I was expecting it to be around or slightly less then the cps2multi. not near double
Expecting is something,... and I think that Darksoft is making all that he can in lowering the costs.
I can expect an AES Metal Slug 3 (JAP) for 40 bucks ... but this is my expectation and this is far from reality :/

Not being able to afford such amount in buying a multicart is a subjective issue according to your budget and what you are able to spend (or not) in your hobby. According to this, I can understand that you are not willing to pay for it, but I can't understand that you compare the multicart to a car or a mint prostitute (or maybe prostitutes are your hobby)

You can have my 161 in 1 for $5 plus shipping. Shit, nevermind, my son uses to play with his legos, I was previously using it as a doorstop.
To those sending me PMs asking if I am selling the 161 in 1 for $5, I am not since my son refuses to give it up. Maybe in the future when he gets bored with it. :P

As far as being able to pirate the newer carts made by the NG:DEV team, I say to go ahead and make the boards able to play the new games. Why? The people that would pay for the newer games are going to buy the cart. Those that wouldn't pay for it would play it in emulation or something anyway. This could be the device that leads to a lot more developers picking up developing for the NG platform.
That won't be happening. Darksoft already stated he's spoken with NG:DEV team to ensure he wouldn't hurt their business.

You also likely won't see any of their stuff on emulation because they use their own custom stuff, it's not standard MVS cart hardware. If you want NG:DEV and don't want to pay the MVS cart prices, it's time to buy a Dreamcast as that's going to be your only other option.

If you want NG:DEV and don't want to pay the MVS cart prices, it's time to buy a Dreamcast as that's going to be your only other option.
Unless you want one of the most recent releases, which aren't/won't be available on dreamcast (Razion, and Kraut Busters)

If you want NG:DEV and don't want to pay the MVS cart prices, it's time to buy a Dreamcast as that's going to be your only other option.
Unless you want one of the most recent releases, which aren't/won't be available on dreamcast (Razion, and Kraut Busters)
They stated those won't be available on DC??

Guess it's time to put in an MVS order.

How's it going to handle dip switches?

Keep in mind that with the 161 or 138 you're still getting an abbreviated library. No fatal fury really, no magician lord, pulstar is broken....considering that buying the 161, 138, and a few other carts, you're at the $400 mark anyway.

How's it going to handle dip switches?
I think I read in other thread that dip switches options would be saved on a per-game basis, but now I can't find the post. So maybe I just dreamed of it, because that's exactly what I hope.

$400 USD seems reasonable for me considering the Multi-CPS2 is $325 USD, and you still need a donor board for that one whereas this is a standalone cart that'll work much better than the Chinese hackware out there.
And I'm coming from Canada here, where the USD's are usually 30% more expensive for me.

I'm not complaining at all. $400 for the complete NG library is acceptable IMO, given that some of the rarer games are going for much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back