What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not against the decrypted roms but in the past was imperfect roms for wanting to skip the protections.

If the decrypted roms will be similar to an original without errors are welcome for me.

I am not against the decrypted roms but in the past was imperfect roms for wanting to skip the protections.

If the decrypted roms will be similar to an original without errors are welcome for me.
There is a fix for Metal Slug X when the encrypted PROG board burns, which involve use a decrypted P ROM in a PROG board from some donor cart. So it's even done to fix broken cartridges.

Thanks for the update D.

BTW - I will need 2 carts please :D

Last edited:
thanks for the update :D ! was getting anxious with no thread activity for the last little bit

There have been a lot of complications with the timing debugging which has delayed the project significantly. This is something I didnt foresee.

We will have the first protos in August.
Was it decided to go the flash route now, or are you still working on the FPGA based approach?

Hehehe nice question.

The final design has FPGA+DDR for video Buses and Flashes for the other 3 buses :) LOL

So basically we can still hold 4 games at a time and the load time is still 10-15 seconds per game.

Hehehe nice question.

The final design has FPGA+DDR for video Buses and Flashes for the other 3 buses :) LOL

So basically we can still hold 4 games at a time and the load time is still 10-15 seconds per game.
I would be great if the cart could hold the settings for every game, like always turning blood on, no matter the BIOS region of the console. I'd love to always play metal slugs in English with red blood, without having to turn it on manually every time :)

Maybe I missed it somewhere,

Will there be a game select menu system on screen or will it be another LCD selector to pic the game?

There have been a lot of complications with the timing debugging which has delayed the project significantly. This is something I didnt foresee.

We will have the first protos in August.
I can not wait to see your work dude really awesome stuff happening here soon i will have my dreamcart

I think this is a wonderful project and cant wait to buy it.

Might I suggest 2 versions though?

The current 4 slot, $400 MSRP deluxe edition, and a no frills 1 slot, simplified edition that might cost 1/2 as much??

I think this is a wonderful project and cant wait to buy it.

Might I suggest 2 versions though?

The current 4 slot, $400 MSRP deluxe edition, and a no frills 1 slot, simplified edition that might cost 1/2 as much??
Darksoft took a vote for something like this already, but if I remember correctly the simplified version was still roughly $350, so I don't think losing the benefits of the current version is worth saving $50. $400 seems pretty fair considering you don't need a donor cart like with CPS-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back