What's new
Want To Buy

zombie343

Student
Reaction score
Hello,
I've had both CPS2 multikit and Naomi Piforce kid's for years both connected to superguns and working beautifully.

Can someone recommend/offer/sell a cabinet (custom or otherwise) that will work for each kit? I've owned and converted cabinets in the past, but I had to sell them. I have a larger space now and am thinking of a way to put each kit in a cabinet for easy game switching and maximum fun.

I'm in NYC if that helps too. Thank you.

Bump.

I'm willing to look at any cabinet, especially in NYC. Capcom, Viewlix, Candy cabs, you name it. I really would like to put my hardware in the right cabinet.

Thank you.

Certainly a lot here depends on preferences and budget. Need crt? Hate crt? Play vertical games? Fighters? Have a preference in cab aesthetics? Sit down or stand up?

If you’re dead set on finding something local, it could be a while but watch craigslist, klov, ebay, and there are some Facebook forums.

For my taste I originally bought two Blast Cities and a Vewlix from KC (member here) who totally has cabs in stock all the time. I keep one in vertical, one horizontal, and have a bunch of reproduction control panels I can swap out as appropriate.

I prefer a CRT for the cps2 and an lcd for the Naomi, but both can really go on either at this point. I assume you know this since you’re ‘gunning but Cps2 requires a jamma cab (or a jvs cab with extra gear to accommodate). Naomi requires jvs. I mention a blast city cab because its power supply and wiring can handle both.

Cereth (also member here) could also provide cabs depending on his container imports. Neither he nor KC are east coast, but will help you to freight the cabs which adds another large chunk of money to the equation. So honestly you can get pretty much whatever you want assuming you just suck it up and pay for the transport part.

Certainly a lot here depends on preferences and budget. Need crt? Hate crt? Play vertical games? Fighters? Have a preference in cab aesthetics? Sit down or stand up?

If you’re dead set on finding something local, it could be a while but watch craigslist, klov, ebay, and there are some Facebook forums.

For my taste I originally bought two Blast Cities and a Vewlix from KC (member here) who totally has cabs in stock all the time. I keep one in vertical, one horizontal, and have a bunch of reproduction control panels I can swap out as appropriate.

I prefer a CRT for the cps2 and an lcd for the Naomi, but both can really go on either at this point. I assume you know this since you’re ‘gunning but Cps2 requires a jamma cab (or a jvs cab with extra gear to accommodate). Naomi requires jvs. I mention a blast city cab because its power supply and wiring can handle both.

Cereth (also member here) could also provide cabs depending on his container imports. Neither he nor KC are east coast, but will help you to freight the cabs which adds another large chunk of money to the equation. So honestly you can get pretty much whatever you want assuming you just suck it up and pay for the transport part.
Thank you both for the fast replies. I appreciate you're looking out for my wallet when it comes to shipping costs. (It can get really expensive depending on location).

Can you point to where you got the viewlix reproduction panels to swap out? (I seem to get conflicting information from people about when some panels will or will not fit across different cabinet types).

Also, when you say Blast City supports both, you don't mean simuatenously with a JAMMA switcher right? :) Also, I have a capcom converter, so if I understand correctly, I don't think I'll have an issue with JVS/Jamma interoperability.

My initial goal is get one cabinet for both CPS2 Darksoft kit and NAOMI piforce kits, working via JAMMA switcher (but if the price is right, I could setup each kit in separate cabinet). I'm flexilble either way to be honest. I liked the Viewlix for the sit-down and space-accommodations. Same goes for Candy Cabs, Blast City, Mini-cute, etc. (Capcom Big Blue is also nice ...in theory, but I'm only allowed to use 8' x 6' to work with for games :) ).

Can you point to where you got the viewlix reproduction panels to swap out? (I seem to get conflicting information from people about when some panels will or will not fit across different cabinet types).
I don't own any vewlix repros, just the original, but rest assured blast CP's will fit in there. Here's a photo of my FC, you can see how the taito original panel connects to the largest holes, but there are several others available. Here's also a photo of the CP that came with mine, alongside a blast CP repro. same holes.

esgooVt.jpg
vgPOOQe.jpg

Alberto might make repros at some point, and I've heard of a few others who are attempting to do so also. Anyway I always keep my 2L14B layout on my vewlix. All the swapping I do is for the blast cps.

Also, when you say Blast City supports both, you don't mean simuatenously with a JAMMA switcher right? Also, I have a capcom converter, so if I understand correctly, I don't think I'll have an issue with JVS/Jamma interoperability.

My initial goal is get one cabinet for both CPS2 Darksoft kit and NAOMI piforce kits, working via JAMMA switcher (but if the price is right, I could setup each kit in separate cabinet). I'm flexilble either way to be honest. I liked the Viewlix for the sit-down and space-accommodations. Same goes for Candy Cabs, Blast City, Mini-cute, etc. (Capcom Big Blue is also nice ...in theory, but I'm only allowed to use 8' x 6' to work with for games ).
I don't think you can fit a CPS2 and a naomi and a jamma switcher inside a blast, or a vewlix, or anything really. but if you can, congrats! I wouldn't run them with a jamma switcher anyway, especially if you're netbooting the naomi. On your supergun setup, you have to use a separate power supply for your capcom IO and the actual naomi+dimm, right?

My suggestions were for 2 cabs like the title says. If you just want one to start, I'd lean towards a blast but it's really preference. I would prefer a CRT cab for the CPS2, but marqs has a digital board that looks like an awesome option if you wanted to run that on an LCD. You'd just have to solve powering via jamma, maybe just stuff your supergun inside! If you want use some other jamma-only cab (i.e. not a blast), and using your capcom IO, then you're looking at fitting another PSU in there to handle the naomi's 3.3v and netdimm. Depending on the cab you may not have a 31khz monitor either, if that's important to you.

Anyway the blast's PSU supports 3.3v, 5v, and 12v, which is unique for cabs that are jamma compatible. I have a harness that lets me power JVS as well as jamma with no extra psu, which is ideal. It'll also support VGA natively, as well as RCA audio. Here's all the connectors I can run. I would put in the CPS2 or a Naomi, not both. It's just an easy cab to work with to have options.

S2KX24L.jpg

Thank you all. I appreciate the suggestions!

What's Marqs, btw?

Bump. Thank you again.

Still looking for a Sega NNC and Blast City (hopefully in NYC).

You're probably going to have to get them shipped from elsewhere. East Coast doesn't have much in the way of suppliers, let alone sellers.

I'm already working with someone via PM but they are slow to reply, so I don't know if it will materialize.

I'm trying to be positive and patient.

Last edited:
I’m also looking for a Sega Blast City. Does Kcarcadegame sells them? If so can you pm me his contact number please

Please PM his contact number as well, for future reference.

KC has them. I text that dude constantly to see what's in. He's got lots of Blasts for sure though.

He does, yes, thank you for the suggestion. I'm trying to avoid the $750 freight fee to NYC if possible. (unless, he can ensure a pristine looking candy cab).

Back