What's new
Another finding: When I Autostart the TTX2 Multi with Raiden III NesicaX the saved scores aren't loaded. I have to manually start the game from the menu for the scores to load properly. Haven't found any other game with this issue so far.

Hi everyone, tough thread to go through :D

Recently got my first arcade for toying around, a Chewlix with an original KOF XIII, As I'm a total newbie in everything related to customization (just ordered Sanwa sticks and buttons), "upgrading" my Taito board to multi seems like a mighty challenge, but one I'm ready to put some effort in...

Can someone point me the easiest way to do it? Like, is there one disk image to rule them all? Or should I just dig into the first post?

Big thanks to everyone involved in this enormous effort, especially Niko!

I'm having a problem with my autoboot of ULTRA SFIV. I have it set to autoboot and have disabled the "return to menu" in settings but when the machine is turned on often it will not autoboot SFIV and go straight to the menu instead. It can be a week or a day, it seems to be random. It was autobooting for a week recently then when I turned it on it started going back to menu instead.

Any ideas?

I'm also having the same issue. Is there a configuration setting to force 720p on artfate's frontend?

Some additional info on what I've observed.
Boot to Niko's FE then load artfate's FE manually = 720p
Autoboot to artfate's FE = 480p
If I exit artfate's FE and reload it = 720p
Exit any game (that support it) by using the test menu, returned to artfate's FE @ 480p
My frontend is what actually sets the resolution. So autobooting into @'atrfate''s menu will result in a 480p resolution, although all the games will still play in their respective resolutions ( based on dips and EDID ).

I'll check and see if he can manually set the resolution on startup of his FE.

@Niko Did this end up getting resolved? Read through the rest of this thread and couldn't find an answer. I'm running the 2.0 Multi with updates and I still see the above issue.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I tried this with the following:

TTX2 -> DVI-A/VGA Adapter -> VGA Cable -> Monitor
TTX2 -> DVI-D Cable -> Monitor (Stock Vewlix Diamond Blue Panel only has input pins for DVI-D)

I get the same issue using either.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with my autoboot of ULTRA SFIV. I have it set to autoboot and have disabled the "return to menu" in settings but when the machine is turned on often it will not autoboot SFIV and go straight to the menu instead. It can be a week or a day, it seems to be random. It was autobooting for a week recently then when I turned it on it started going back to menu instead.

Any ideas?

You could make the autoboot file read-only. I want to say that helped me with a similar issue.

It's on the D drive, under TypeXmulti.

@Niko or anyone else, did the CRT overscan feature get removed in the 2.0 version? Can’t seem to find it - would be nice to have this feature so we don’t have to do monitor adjustments when switching boards.

HELP - Dug out my X2 from storage. Turn PC on, see white Taito screen, see ttxshell.exe window, then black screen. Reseated everything. Burned new image on different drive and same deal.

UPDATE - Use a Western Digital drive from around 2010.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpeg
    IMG_2355.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I think in this step it tries to inititlize the JVS IO. Maybe you have an issue with the JVS controller card, the JVS harness or the IO itself. Do you get an error message with the USB-A-like JVS plug disconnected?
Never had your issue though. My next steps would be trial&error like:
  • Checking the correct DIP switch positions
  • Removing one of the RAM modules one each
  • Replacing the Graphics Card (in case you can just use a similar GF7900GS 256MB and change the PnP ID)
Best of luck!

Edit: I saw you just updated your post and it seesms to be starting now - obviously you had / have a SATA cable issue. The character-thing is normal, caused by the System Fonts of the Japanese Windows XP Distro.

I used another drive, and it started working. I think the X2 just hates Kingston drives.
After chasing gremlins for the last few weeks with a new multi install, I'll back up this theory about the X2 not liking certain hard disks. I have another X2 multi with a WD disk from 2010 that works, so I ordered an identical one from ebay. Worked first time. So from my experience it didn't like Kingston, Hitachi, and a WD from 2018.

What was the symptom which caused you to buy a new disk ?

Did the unit refuse to boot at all ?

Thanks for the info. I wonder if this is potentiallt related to the BIOS version ?

Hi all! Is it possible to bring up the windows UI in some way?
I would like to be able to edit files (can't find any text editor in the image?) and i would like to be able to ssh or even better remote desktop to the arcade, has anyone done this, any tips?

Back