What's new
Thanks! Sorry, this is a daunting thread

Yeah it’s like 5 years old. I don’t know the details of what version your multi is, 1.4 or 2.0, or what the differences are exactly, but I believe the frontend works on both versions. I don’t actually have a ttx2.

Upgraded to V2.0 and I'm having the same issue a few others in the thread reported on this page: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/a-freeware-taito-typex2-multigame.820/page-129

It boots normally, but controls totally unresponsive, can't scroll the list or select a game. Did anyone solve this? Don't see anything else in the thread.

Also, I forgot to back up my working 1.4 image before overwriting, d'oh :(

E: I'm able to scroll the menu with a keyboard, just not by JVS, The MP07 reports as a Sega I/O if that matters

EDIT: I am a dumbass. My MP07 was upside down and when I re-assembled my setup after installing the HDD I was plugged into the player 2 port. All is good now ||

Last edited:
One more question, anyone know what this is overlaying on the bottom of Crimzon Clover and how to get rid of it?

Fixed by using DVI-I to VGA cable

PXL_20220827_050812978.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed the themes list was lacking my favorite TTX game, Raiden IV, so I rectified that using art from the upcoming Mikado "remix" release (still not sure what's remixed, it looks exactly like Overkill):

riv.jpg

Get it here, there are versions with and without the TTX2 logo, drop the folders in your themes folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vISMPy1ZxbcEUHAduVYetJ0CLDY9onk3/view?usp=sharing

Use however you like.

What is the upcoming Mikado Remix ? I know the Switch version has been released.

Reactions: rtw
Just wanted to share a quick info regarding Raiden IV TTX (not the NesicaX version):
The attract mode intro movie had some ugly stuttering with the Pentium 4 651 3,4GHz. I found that it runs perfectly smooth on a Celeron 3.2GHz, so I swapped the CPU accordingly on my Tate cab. The Celeron type should easily suffice for running the few vertical titles without issues.

Just wanted to share a quick info regarding Raiden IV TTX (not the NesicaX version):
The attract mode intro movie had some ugly stuttering with the Pentium 4 651 3,4GHz. I found that it runs perfectly smooth on a Celeron 3.2GHz, so I swapped the CPU accordingly on my Tate cab. The Celeron type should easily suffice for running the few vertical titles without issues.

The non Nesica Raiden versions are original Type X games, so that makes sense.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason to run the non Nesica version?

The non Nesica Raiden versions are original Type X games, so that makes sense.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason to run the non Nesica version?
Raiden IV NesicaX looks terribly soft on a 480p screen due to resolution interpolation.
The TTX version is optimized for 480p and razor sharp. Too bad the exit button combo doesn't work here.
I guess the NesicaX Version looks just great on a 720p display.

I don't see any benefit in the TTX Multigame over TTX2. All desirable titles run and look perfect on the TTX2 multi, don't they.

For those of you who crave the razor sharp, there exists a multi for the original TypeX 😉
Im hoping to make one of them badboys over the weekend brother, using a ttx+ and a 9600se ,kindda a very long time coming

Reactions: rtw
When I was running 1.4 of the TTX2 multi (with the TTX Raidens) I noticed a bunch of wrong effects in Raiden III. Like giant "halos" around your ship when you get powerups. If I had a 31khz CRT cab I would definitely get a TTX1 with multi for it.

Never realized anything like that with the Multi V2, besides the fireworks in TGM3.
With the TTX Multi I'd be missing all the great NesicaX games like Crimson Clover and Ikaruga, not even talking about all the great horizontal games I can play on my 2nd TTX2 with my other 31kHz cab.

Yeah it's not like you're forced to have only one or the other. In the hypothetical situation I described I'd have both a TTX1 and TTX2, and would use the TTX1 for stuff that doesn't look quite right on TTX2. It's easier than swapping a JAMMA PCB.

EDIT: Can someone PM me some information on where to find the original TTX versions of Raiden III and IV to run on the TTX2? My V2 multi image only has the Nesica ones, and everything I can find in the typical places is modified to use on normal PCs.

I am very pragmatic. I only want to run games on the HW they were intended. Therefore I run the original TTX games on my TTX, the original TTX2 on my TTX2 and Nesica on my Nesica.

That means I have 3 machines. The TTX is my favourite because it has some of the best shooters and it runs in 480i on my EGRET 2.

As for clean images, head over here and make sure to read the instructions.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/a-freeware-taito-typex-multigame.5926/

I just realized that when playing Raiden III NesicaX on a horizontal monitor setup (480p Nanao MS-2932) some colours are slightly off, e.g. the water at the beginning of Stage 1 is deep blue instead of the kind of yellow-greenish I have when played vertically. The same with the water background in Stage 2 or the clouds when reaching the boss at Stage 2. Everything is straight blue instead of the usually yellow-green-brown-whatever tinted colour-patterns. Just if some different colour space applies when the game is not played full-screen. I can try to capture it on a picture later, but maybe someone has an idea about that. Don't think this behaviour is intended, since the YT-Videos I can find have the authentic colours.

Update: Just verified the same behaviour with a second TTX2.

Update2: Tried to take some photos - excuse the quality, but it should suffice to see the colour difference
Tate: PXL_20220907_162628380.jpgPXL_20220907_162635975.jpg
Yoko: PXL_20220907_162509708.jpgPXL_20220907_162520804.jpg

Last edited:
I just realized that when playing Raiden III NesicaX on a horizontal monitor setup (480p Nanao MS-2932) some colours are slightly off, e.g. the water at the beginning of Stage 1 is deep blue instead of the kind of yellow-greenish I have when played vertically. The same with the water background in Stage 2 or the clouds when reaching the boss at Stage 2. Everything is straight blue instead of the usually yellow-green-brown-whatever tinted colour-patterns. Just if some different colour space applies when the game is not played full-screen. I can try to capture it on a picture later, but maybe someone has an idea about that. Don't think this behaviour is intended, since the YT-Videos I can find have the authentic colours.

Update: Just verified the same behaviour with a second TTX2.

Update2: Tried to take some photos - excuse the quality, but it should suffice to see the colour difference
Tate: PXL_20220907_162628380.jpgPXL_20220907_162635975.jpg
Yoko: PXL_20220907_162509708.jpgPXL_20220907_162520804.jpg
Late but I just verified the same happens to me. Next time I'm at R1 I'll verify if this is how it acts on a real Nesica setup

Back