What's new
there is 2 main games for the ttx that are driving which is battle gear 4 (tuned(pro)) and chase HQ 2.
there are a few other racing games but i think most of them are playable with a sega type 1 io. except maybe D1GP but that game is all kinds of rare. it was speculated at one point that it wasnt actually released.
chase HQ i have no idea about as there hasnt been a public dump of it to look at.

BG4 on the other hand has and a guy named Romhack has already created a JVS emulator for pc that works with it. i havent had a chance to really look at it but the answers to whether it uses custom commands will most likely be in there.

https://github.com/zxmarcos/bg4t_monitor/blob/master/ttx_monitor/JVSEmu.cpp

Otherwise a wiring adapter is probably the way to go.
Taito already make one for digital inputs. it was designed for using a fast io in a sega cab like a Lindbergh but being passive it should work in reverse.

BG4 on the other hand has and a guy named Romhack has already created a JVS emulator for pc that works with it. i havent had a chance to really look at it but the answers to whether it uses custom commands will most likely be in there.

github.com/zxmarcos/bg4t_monit…er/ttx_monitor/JVSEmu.cpp
Interesting!

Looking at the features reply, it look like it reports features as:

////////////////////
2-players
14 bytes per player

8 analog channels
16 bytes per channel

2 coin slots
////////////////////

I notice compared to my standard features reply that this is not claiming any outputs.

Regarding ID, it appears to give this:
"NAMCO LTD.;I/O PCB-1000;ver1.0;for domestic only,no analog input";

Given that the ID contains the test "no analog input" in spite of the analog being present makes me think the game doesn't care about the ID, or at least not the entire ID. Edit: I just noticed that it claims it's a NAMCO board... so the game doesn't care, right? It is a Taito game isn't it and would use a Taito I/O in the stock cabinet?

Perhaps if there's a restriction it's in that a Sega I/O would have a few more features that it claims to have and maybe the game doesn't like that? Otherwise I'd suspect these are the minimum features required and maybe a standard Taito I/O doesn't meet these requirements?

Otherwise the standout difference between this reply an a Sega Type 1 is bits per player. A Sega Type 1 reports 13, so may fail due to that.

I do see commands in in the range of 60-7F which would be unique to the game and I/O, but it looks like the code is generally getting way with replying with a standard OK ACK. Specifically I see 6F, 6D, 68, 6A, and 70 listed.

Has someone tried that code? Could any of our members with the right expertise, compile that and try it in a tx2?

As far as the custom commands go, we can just use a different sync byte to prevent collisions with custom commands from games. So for example, all legitimate JVS packets use 0xE0, we could use 0xA0 and then continue to use the same packet structure.
With regards to the commands you'd want to send for profile switching, sure, anything outside of the standard JVS commands could potentially be used. When I was referring to "custom" commands in my earlier post, I was talking about the potential for a game and dedicated I/O to have custom commands within the JVS spec.
Per the version 3 manual I have:
メーカーユニークコマンド
Google translates this to:
Manufacturer unique command

They can be anywhere from 0x60 to 0x7F. I'm curious to know if TTX games commonly utilize any of these unique commands when they see a specific Taito I/O. If so, then what are they for outside of normal digital inputs, outputs and analog inputs which I would expect fall within the normal commands?

I haven't done any analysis, but I believe NAMCO games will issue NAMCO specific commands to their I/Os when they see one present. I theorize that Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 and 2 use these commands since the camera is attached to 3 pins on the NAMCO I/O. However in the case of the NAMCO games I've come across they don't require a NAMCO I/O, so they'll still work with others without accommodations for the unique commands.

my sega jamma - jvs needed a couple of resistors soldering on it to spoof the coin meter for it to work properly - same issue with some of the aw conversions.
I read somewhere, a long time ago, that the Sega Type 1 I/O wasn't compatible with the TTX so I never bothered to test it out until recently.
At first, the game recognized the I/O board but not the inputs. Then I read a tip from andygeezer on AO:

tried it with SSFIV and it worked!
These comments are making me think maybe the TTX games aren't that strict? Some Sega games require coin meters, and I think it's par for the course to have that jumper wired for inputs to work on Sega Type 1 I/Os. The nice thing is that my MEGA JVS doesn't need any of that. It tells the games that everything is ok with regards to coins and there's no check for a jumper to activate inputs.

So this leads me to question what's required on the driving games? Is it that the standard Taito I/O just lacks features these games require? In the restrictive games I've run into, it has been solely restricted to features, which is a reply to a separate command than the board ID. The games don't care what I call the board, but they care what feature it claims to have.

I imagine those interested could adapt the wiring as needed. Or if your solution is open source, maybe someone could do a run of PCBs for different setups.
I'm not planning to release the board as open source, but I'd certainly be willing to work with you or someone else on putting together TTX-specific revision if there's demand. Otherwise a wiring adapter is probably the way to go.
However, if we're talking people trying to boot up driving games in their fighting cabs, what's the purpose? I'd think you'd be better off working with @invzim and his I/O project where you could use USB controllers. My I/O is pretty much designed for in-cabinet use.
I'd love to see you guys working together on this one. Only good things could come out of it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hello guys!

Just received my TTx2 rig! It's a 2gb, Q6600 with a bigger GFX card. Don't really know wich one yet.

I got it because of this topic and the futur release if the Nesica drive image.

Ordered a 128gb SSD to start playing with multi. And i am not planning on installing race games.

Thank you for all your efforts on this!

8)

keep-calm-it-s-almost-launch-day-3.png

How can I keep calm when I am about to have a complete type x2 multi:) in my Vewlix:) USF4A, Persona, Darious

Darius doesn't work on the multi yet. I think someone is trying to hack the Steam version but last I heard they were having difficulties.

from what I hear, USF4 doesn't work either.. at least, not the ported X2 version. The Nesica version is out there, but it's only one player.

from what I hear, USF4 doesn't work either.. at least, not the ported X2 version. The Nesica version is out there, but it's only one player.
I've been testing v1.4 for around a month now? USF4 works great. I don't know if it's the NESICA version or not though. It's one player until you go into the menu and change it to two players. So maybe not the NESICA version?

I've been testing v1.4 for around a month now? USF4 works great. I don't know if it's the NESICA version or not though. It's one player until you go into the menu and change it to two players. So maybe not the NESICA version?
hmm.. interesting.

the nesica and TTX3 versions are identical. all versions of USF4 can be made 2p to my knowledge. there is also a external setting that can be set to force it to 2p mode. i haven't looked in to what it is. Although it is most likely a regkey. when testing something i ended up making it force to 2p mode with no option to change it just never looked it to what exactly caused it.

Also USF4 while in 2 player still uses nesys for stats unlike SSFIV export which doesnt. Although this is kinda useless as you need to be on taitos network to use nesys just stating for the sake of it. :P

as for darius this game is a little tricky as it requires 2 screens. now it is possible to have it in a window and fit on one screen but the ttx2 doesnt handle this very well.
Also it still needs quite a bit of work to get running even for dev'ing on PC.

As for the other nesica stuff ill leave that to niko. not sure what hes planning.

Including Darius in the Multi could be challenging, but I would be happy if someone makes a stand alone version.

Two screen is not the problem, everybody got a 3 screen setup nowadays isnt'it? :) (ok,maybe not in the cab, but who cares)

The austrian guy was working in adapting Darius to his multi, but that was the Steam version instead of the original one..

Is there an ETA on the release of 1.4 and some of the Nesica games?

Is there an ETA on the release of 1.4 and some of the Nesica games?
I've seen the NESICA games for download a few different places. We can't allow links to them here though. Taito is actively C+Ding sites that have any links to their games lately.

When it is released is a question for Niko, though. :)

Hi, I already have a Taito Type 2 multi. Whats the difference to this one? How can I upgrade or better clone and merge my multi? Thanks

Back