What's new
Mark your items as sold
I'm guessing these trays only work for the PFX, and not for any of the Toshiba PF chassis?

A make vision really don't fit also you could probably just lay the chassis on it

Hello everyone.

I received the tray order yesterday, and unfortunately, a detail was missed that renders the tray unusable for the Sanwa PFX chassis without a slight modification to the PFX guides. Edit for clarification: one of the tabs that guide the chassis into place simply needs to be bent down with your thumb, this is the "modification". I had not noticed the error on the last run as I didn’t use these with a PFX that time either. And since this was a repeat of that run, the error carried on unknowingly!

Current Issue

drawing detail.png
During the redraw process, the hole that guides the right chassis tab was moved to an incorrect location.

notch misalignment.jpgin-situ.jpg
A stock PFX tray will not “guide” into place correctly. Worth noting: that this does not affect mounting since it is done with 4x M4 screws. See below for more.

comparison.png
This error was absent on the original tray from which this drawing came.

I have learned a big (and expensive) lesson about further testing before production. Rest assured, this is being resolved as quickly as possible, and I expect to have corrected trays in hand before the year's end.

Next Steps
  • The drawing has been corrected, and a single tray is coming to me for further test fit before hitting the go-ahead on another run.
  • I am reaching out directly to all buyers to ensure they are aware of the development and their options and confirm whatever will make them happy.
  • Once I have a final list of how many I need to redo, the second production will start.

Options For Buyers

Option 1: Wait

I will resolve this, it will just take some more time.

Option 2: Refund
If you don’t want to wait or have lost faith in the project, please let me know, and I will refund you immediately.

Option 3: Discounted
This is simply an effort to reduce waste. This thing is quite usable as it is. But it’s not what people expected so I understand that can cause some frustration or apprehension. For those who are willing to take these as-is, I would offer a $50 refund per unit (putting the trays at $100 each).

• If you are using a PFX, you can bend one of the guide tabs and it mounts fine as it should (see photos below).
PXL_20231114_204936645.jpgPXL_20231114_204954030.jpg
  • If you are using a Toshiba or any other chassis, none of this affects you for that application, but I will still offer a discount if you decide to take it as-is.

Sorry, this didn’t go as smoothly as hoped, and know that I am doing everything possible to make it right.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I wanted to provide another set of updates.

- For everyone who decided to take a "flawed" tray and use it as-is THANK YOU again. Although these were technically sold at a loss, it helped with preventing waste and kept the costs of the second run down, so I really appreciate it.
- I have received an updated drawing from my manufacturer and production on the second corrected batch will start next week.
- I had planned on doing a single one to test, but after inspecting the current trays, I am confident that the updated drawing will reflect the necessary change for the guide hole (since its so minor).

All that being said, I have updated the first post to reflect availability.

As of the time of writing, availability is:
- 1 "flawed" tray available at the cost of $100 shipped
- 5 "corrected" trays available at the cost of $150 shipped

Once I get the new ones in hand, fulfilling existing orders will have priority over any new ones.

Thanks again for your support and patience on this.

Gotta say, for anyone out there reading, who's seen me comment on product creation threads before.....

This is how you handle product development, production issues, and accountability.

Yes it's small scale in comparison to some other projects we've seen here.....but that should not take away from how amazingly this was handled.

Thank you @themisterfalcon , sincerely.....and if the AWSD/E3 rotate mechs ever finally come about, I assure you, I'll be in day one.

[bump] Now that all the orders are fulfilled, I ended up with one extra tray. So if you are interested in it please send me a DM.

Otherwise, I will hoard it until someone necrobumps this thread in 3 years.

RickyTTT swooped in and grabbed the last one so that's all for now. Thanks again to everyone who supported this effort and thanks again to @neokoen for the original drawing.

It's cool that at the end of this 20 Egret 3s/AWSDs have better monitors now and chassis that aren't installed in precarious ways lol.

RickyTTT swooped in and grabbed the last one so that's all for now. Thanks again to everyone who supported this effort and thanks again to @neokoen for the original drawing.

It's cool that at the end of this 20 Egret 3s/AWSDs have better monitors now and chassis that aren't installed in precarious ways lol.

Thanks a ton for going through with this sir!

I sincerely hope your able to get the rotation mech's off the ground!!!

On the odd chance someone bought one and won’t be using it and wants to sell please hit me up 👍

I think it was asked before but couldn’t see a clear answer.

Does a Toshiba PF on its factory mounting tray fit on this?

(I know that the Toshiba can fit on the stock AWSD tray if you pull it from the metal frame, but you lose the handy built in bracket that holds the VGA/power cables).

Thanks!

Back