What's new
For Sale

Hellfromabove

Professional
Reaction score
Setting this thread up for more eyes to see. I have some interest so far with people looking to get some cabs, however need more to fill up the container. I have been putting in some time trying to setup a location to store cabinets in Japan and finding a reputable supplier that can get cabinets. If you are in the area and are interested, please email me with the following:
  • What you are looking for
  • A picture of the item for reference
  • Highest price you are willing to pay
  • If the cab needs to/ can be provided with something specific (might affect price)
This is only for people that are serious about purchasing a cab and are not just prying for information. If you have questions about anything please lmk. Once I get enough inquiries I will contact the supplier. I am hoping they will give a price break with the amount requested.

I really hope this goes over well. If it does, I will contact some people I know to help assist me with getting containers shipped to the east coast and maybe Texas area.

Once I get enough inquiries I will contact the supplier. I am hoping they will give a price break with the amount requested.
So this is for cabinets purchased through a supplier only?

Once I get enough inquiries I will contact the supplier. I am hoping they will give a price break with the amount requested.
So this is for cabinets purchased through a supplier only?
Currently, yes. I am currently working on a storage facility co-share with someone who does a lot of business in Japan. However, keep in mind that if the cabs were stored in some sort of facility, the price of storage would need to be factored in to the final price (split between all container group buy participants of course). Prices for storage in Japan are pretty expensive too. Plus, you would need to pay for the item getting to the facility. So most likely it would be something like this:
  • Courier pickup and delivery service of the item to the facility.
  • Price for storage for X amount of time split between everyone in the group buy.
  • Courier pickup and delivery service of all items to the docks and loading them in to the container.
If I were to do anything with the facility, I would want to be there in person making sure that it is loaded in to the container properly at least the first couple times around. Even though the supplier I will be using is a reputable one that I was referred to, I will most likely go out to make sure the goods, packaging service, and loading in to the container all goes well.

I've sent you a PM regarding a couple of cabinets I'm interested in from the supplier.

But I'm also interested in having the cab I won in auction transported to a storage facility. I've struck out on most of my options, and my last hail mary pass is the shipping and receiving guys at my work figuring something out.

Thank you for getting this started.

I've sent you a PM regarding a couple of cabinets I'm interested in from the supplier.

But I'm also interested in having the cab I won in auction transported to a storage facility. I've struck out on most of my options, and my last hail mary pass is the shipping and receiving guys at my work figuring something out.

Thank you for getting this started.
Np, I'll look at the PM. This was mainly started with you in mind ;) . Let's get that sexy HotD4EX cab over here!

The only thing i would want you to address is the split cost of storage. Rather than per participant, i feel it should be by cab. In fairness, the person picking up one cab shouldn't pay as much as the guy picking up ten. Also, would make it less prohibitive for the small order person to participate.

My $0.02

EDIT: Per pallet actually is the most equitable way.

The only thing i would want you to address is the split cost of storage. Rather than per participant, i feel it should be by cab. In fairness, the person picking up one cab shouldn't pay as much as the guy picking up ten. Also, would make it less prohibitive for the small order person to participate.

My $0.02

You're right, and it's something I'm thinking of. Most likely charge by cubic foot.

Here's a small update on renting storage space. I was looking in the South County area as things are a bit cheaper. At minimum I was hoping to rent a 10x10 ground level unit, but eyeing a 10x15. THEY ARE ALL RENTED OUT. No space in South San Jose, Morgan Hill, San Martin, or Gilroy. There a few more places I need to call in Gilroy, but the first three said they were booked up.

I'm avoiding San Jose proper as it's pretty expensive.

My $0.02

You're right, and it's something I'm thinking of. Most likely charge by cubic foot.
Is that to say you'd be stacking cabs on top of one another? :P Shouldn't square foot suffice?

May as well PM you and see about a couple things. :)

It is totally crazy that this might happen! Fingers-crossed it does! I'm already pricing airfare to Southern Cali and van rentals for the drive back to Seattle. :)
Glad to hear it. I have a buddy up there as well who is interested. You guys can probably split the drive and van rental. I'll pass his info towards you once this happens.

Glad to hear it. I have a buddy up there as well who is interested. You guys can probably split the drive and van rental. I'll pass his info towards you once this happens.
Yeah, I was going to say that if there are others on the west coast that are in or thinking of going in, I'd be interested in splitting the cost of a truck with anyone between where the cabs are being stored once in Cali and Seattle -- along the I-5 corridor that is. My own plan is to go SUV or van depending if I go 1 or 2 cabs. But if there are others, I'll get a moving truck and can help unload and all that.

Yeah, I was going to say that if there are others on the west coast that are in or thinking of going in, I'd be interested in splitting the cost of a truck with anyone between where the cabs are being stored once in Cali and Seattle -- along the I-5 corridor that is. My own plan is to go SUV or van depending if I go 1 or 2 cabs. But if there are others, I'll get a moving truck and can help unload and all that.
I might be up for this. I am right off the I5. We can do it based upon miles.

I'm interested as well. Count me in for a sharing the cost of truck.

Cool! Good thing I have lots of vacation saved up! :)

Road-Trip.jpg

I'll be the annoying guy that complains you're driving too fast and needs to stop for bathroom breaks every hour.

Back