What's new
Anyone what a free CF Kit
I'll take it.
LOL. That was quick :)

67266364.jpg

Can someone with that BIOS either dump it, or try the "normal" multi bios? I Still hold to my theory that they're probably the same and game switching is done by having different code in different regions of the game (just like games that change language/title with region).

I still maintain the Naomi needs a true flashcart solution... Aka can load all the ROMs from one microSD, and requires no more power than a normal cart.
It seems however, with all the DIMM solutions that exist today, this is low priority for everyone (except me).

So until that day, should it ever come, I'll be rocking da 2-in-1 fo sho! ;)

I'd like one too. Just don't want Darksoft holding the bag on it. His efforts have to pay off; his investment in COG's. Mitsurugi's efforts has to be calculated in too. Like the ST-V cart, which is great, but didn't sell all that well. With options for netbooting and CF booting, Darksoft already has stiff competition in a thin niche market.

Like the ST-V cart, which is great, but didn't sell all that well.
Well I have one, but if I'm being 100% honest (please no one take offence from any of this I'm only telling it how I see it)...

It can't play Final Fight Revenge (not that the game is super duper awesome but I still wanted to).
The system has a total lack of quality fighting games (that Golden Axe fighter is f'n lame) in general.
The system has a total lack of quality beat'em ups (Die Hard has quicktime events, an arcade game with QTE Jesus Christ no) in general.
The system often (game dependent) outputs interlaced (480i) video modes (and interlaced video modes are trash).
I really don't like using jumpers to select games, yes I understand you can now get the LCD add on but IMO this should have been a stock design choice (only criticism of Darksoft's work).

Basically the only two games I even remotely give a shit about are Radiant Silvergun and Cotton.
So yea there you have it.

Its gotta be my least favorite multicart I've ever owned, on one of the worst systems ever made by SEGA (I think System24 takes the cake).
If something ever happened to it, and I was looking to replace it? I just wouldn't.
So the fact it didn't sell well at all... Yea I totally get that, and understand why this may have been the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. What do you consider not selling well?

Sorry, of course I don't know the figures just repeating the words used above.
It didn't sell like CPS2 multi, and it won't sell like MVS multi... I think that's what he means.

Why? It's got nothing to do with Darksoft, the system just isn't very good/hasn't got that many games people actually want to play.
If you love ST-V, then yea I really can't see any reason why you wouldn't love the multi... I've got extremely limited love for that system, I suspect my view is the majority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, of course I don't know the figures just repeating the words used above.It didn't sell like CPS2 multi, and it won't sell like MVS multi... I think that's what he means.

Why? It's got nothing to do with Darksoft, the system just isn't very good/hasn't got that many games people actually want to play.
If you love ST-V, then yea I really can't see any reason why you wouldn't love the multi... I've got extremely limited love for that system, I suspect my view is the majority.
That's exactly what I mean. The demand for isn't the same as the CPS2 multi. Like I said, it is great. I love it. And like jassin says, has nothing to do with Darksoft. I too bought the ST-V multi because of one killer app, Radiant Silvergun. I view the other games as a bonus.

The point is, if Darksoft produces a Naomi multi, would want him to have a nice ROI from hefty demand like the CPS2 and the Neo multi.

I really don't like using jumpers to select games, yes I understand you can now get the LCD add on but IMO this should have been a stock design choice (only criticism of Darksoft's work).
This is my gripe with it too. But I realize this was Darksoft's first attempt at a multi. Since, he gave us an LCD selector with the CPS2. Then he gave us a soft menu with the CPS3. Now he is giving us a really good soft menu with the Neo which might even be open sourced. So as far as the Darksoft brand goes, you know he is listening to the feedback. Other manufacturers I buy from give a rat's ass what their consumers think. Like I have an Optoma projector. It only has one saveable user setting for calibration. I feed it all kinds of different source material from consoles, internet videos, blu ray, DVD, etc. So I need more than one for each video source. Year after year, Optoma produces the entry level projects with one damn saveable user setting. Soon as this one takes a dive, I am not buying from them again.

Anyhow, I got the cheaper remote piano board from Mitsurugi-w coming my way to alleviate the issue with selecting games from the ST-V. After the multi's for all the other systems are produced, perhaps Darksoft can revisit this design choice in a new revision.

Thats's dope Jass! I'm not really interested in supporting arcademodbios, or in the saccing of carts, but dammit, I want a dimm-less solution to play Capcom vs Snk 2. I might even sell my netdimm to fund this.
So my Joerg multi-cart showed up in the mail today...
4KTM2K5.jpg

I'm powering it with my CPS2 supergun + Capcom IO, I don't have controls wired up just yet.
Best thing about these carts, single unmodified Capcom IO powers the entire thing (suck it GDROMs, NetDIMMs and CF-kits)!

This is beyond awesome to me...
CEvhuTr.jpg

BJOoh5R.jpg

Oh and if you can't tell from the above... The two games I picked for the multi to run, CvS2 and MvC2.

I traded emails in the past with Joerg and he does not do CvS2 or SF3 upper.. There are about five games that I want from the GDRom so I reached out to him to convert each of them into a separate cart.. he only does a handful and mainly the shmups games. I did not like his approach on needing a special bios to run his conversions.. the only game that did not need his special bios was IKAURGA.. that game can run from a normal naomi..

This was my want list..

Border Down - (looking for this one as GD-ROM)
Ikaruga - (At some point will get the boot cart since it does not need spacial bios)
Under Defeat (looking for this one as GD-ROM)
Capcom Vs. SNK 2 : Millionaire Fighting 2001 ( this one I purchased GD-ROM not long ago)
Street Fighter 3 upper ( this one I purchased GD-ROM not long ago)
Shikigami No Shiro II / The Castle of Shikigami II ( this one I purchased GD-ROM not long ago)

"Right now i can only sell IKA + BORDER DOWN + UD" Joerg
I been out of the loop for a bit. So im just catching up on all these reading.

Joerg made me a CVS2 cart and SFA3 Upper cart on request. This was some time ago. Both are on single carts.

The reason I had them made is i wanted to save wear and tear on my original disks / gdrom for an arcade cabinet I have at a friends store.

I hex edited the region on Zero 3 upper to make it the north American version and sent him the file and had him put that on to a cart for me.

I didnt deal with him directly. He never responds to my emails. So I have a buddy who contacted him and got it done for me.

he charged me 200euro per cart.

He never mentioned that I needed to use "his" special region bios....But he gave me one for free. I guess I'll dig up a different bios and see if it works. Cause it never occured to me otherwise.

Ahh kk

that makes sense. Cause in the back of my mind I thought i had tried them out on different naomi 1 boards i got lying around.

thanks!

thanks for the update.. Can you please verify if you can play those carts games without a special bios on a regular Noami.. thanks

Back