What's new
@skate323k137 Joerg is known for making per-customer watermarks in his "products", so there no people who want to send things bought from him for dumping or share the dumps.
but yes, afaik his milti-BIOS is not same as free one.
That makes sense.

An anonymous person sent me a copy to look at. At their request I will not share the file, but the only large difference I notice is a section of blank space replaced with his mark/domain name in the .bin.

I would guess the free multi bios would achieve the same results with his carts. It would be cool if someone tested that out of curiosity. The beginning of the rom is identical to the free multi bios until the blank section that is replaced with his marks. After that there is only a couple random hex bytes here and there that differ.

Last edited:
What's he gonna do, ban you from his website?
He will refuse to sell you his 2-in-1 carts made from GD-ROM dumps.
Unless we get a true Naomi multi/flash-cart solution, these 2-in1's are the next best thing.

NetDIMM is physically bulky, data loading slow and resource/power hungry AF.

After that there is only a couple random hex bytes here and there that differ.
curious to see that part of diff, here or in PM.

can't remember if I explained this already - every Naomi1/2 BIOS have reqion switch feature by design. the logic is like -

Code:
if (BIOS data @1FFD00h NOT Equal "COPYRIGHT (C)SEGA ENTERPRISES blah blah")
then
 set BIOS region to read from DIP switches value
all known BIOSes have matching SEGA copyright text there, so region switch feature is disabled. but can be enabled using simple 2byte patch. thats how it made in Multi-BIOS released at AO.

I'll ask the person if they can send you a copy to look at. If only a 2 byte patch is actually needed then I would be shocked if this was not derived from your work.

So my 21576H from Southtown Homebrew showed up today, so I threw it in and it still has the same problem. The game loads fine, whatever. I hit start and it goes into the game and as soon as the first level loads and the ship comes into view, it reboots.

So any ideas? She I get one with pipkins multi bios on it and try that, or does this sound like something that might be affected by other stuff. I can run MVC2 on the naomi with no issues, the voltage is straight, and as long as I don't press the start button I can let them game sit in attract mode all day with no problems.

Last edited:
Bump. Anyone have any other suggestions for things I can try in the meantime while I wait for Pipkins bios to get to me? I'm totally at a loss because all my other crap works in the same cabinet.

So I got in Pipkins multi bios today. Tried it on every region setting and still nothing. After the how to play intro ends, or immediately on starting the first level, it still turns off. I'm out of ideas and I would like to get this running... Any suggestions are welcome.

Well knowing Joerg's excellent (sarcastic) solder work, I would check that in the cart next.

19430017_10154378983065882_9060024027946405967_n.jpg

I sent it off to Mitsu for reflow :D Hopefully it takes care of the problem. If it doesn't, I will have to fly to whatever hovel Joerg lives in and [give him the what-for]. Thats the only reasonable answer.

*edited by Mitsu to prevent arrests* ;)

Back