What's new
@Darksoft Well, that was much simpler than I was expecting. Just to be clear, I don't need the JST wire for writing installed at all if I'm using decrypted ROMs? My board unfortunately does not have the C9 connector and I wanted to wait until tomorrow to crimp together a proper harness at work.

Just wanted to check before firing it up without the cable at all!

I may have gotten too excited -- booted up, flashed a game from the LCD, annnd green/black screen. I double checked my overall setup with both my supergun and a candy, and also checked with known working boards to ensure that wasn't the issue.

Using the HSS instructions, this is where I am:
- I shorted EXC5 prior to installation for ~15 seconds. I then did this two more times from different angles to ensure I was getting good contact on all 3 pins
- I checked the multi pins to ensure they were not bent or broken prior to installation, and did not observe any issues. I'm hoping to leave "remove multi boards and check again" for last
- pictures are attached regarding board installation, it appears everything is fully seated and in the correct locations
- no key writing wires are installed, I'm instead using the "Darksoft CPS-2 Decrypted Set"
- I have not updated or changed the firmware at all
- I tried another SD card, both brand new with no change

Attachments

• IMG20230111162905.jpg
    IMG20230111162905.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 81
  • CPS22.PNG
    CPS22.PNG
    497.4 KB · Views: 81
SDHC, 8gb Gigastone. PC.

EDIT: I have a green hue screen... When the troubleshooting guide says "green, blue, etc." does it mean very obviously those colors? Mine is black/green, which I'm guessing could mean "black" but that would mean both troubleshooting sections for "I have a black screen" and "I have a solid color screen" have been covered :/

EDIT2: I did remove an Infinikey prior to installation, if that helps.

EDIT3: I tried a 3rd SD card, following the same instructions, and it works. I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm just not sure what specifically was different. Either way, I've been cycling through games without issue now and am loving the system!

Last edited:
Earlier today I got my darksoft cps2 working after installing it and it was great. I took a break and went to the store. Came home and decided to add the hack roll-on pack. Turned it back on and got the blue screen here. I did remove my sd-card, reformatted it, and installed the original file I had put in the first place that work. Same issue. Without the sd card, I get the black with green here. Can anyone help me here? I am bummed as I was excited about this and to think 20 mins is all I'd be getting out of this is kinda depressing.

Attachments

• issue1.jpeg
    issue1.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 65
  • issue2.jpeg
    issue2.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 71
Earlier today I got my darksoft cps2 working after installing it and it was great. I took a break and went to the store. Came home and decided to add the hack roll-on pack. Turned it back on and got the blue screen here. I did remove my sd-card, reformatted it, and installed the original file I had put in the first place that work. Same issue. Without the sd card, I get the black with green here. Can anyone help me here? I am bummed as I was excited about this and to think 20 mins is all I'd be getting out of this is kinda depressing.
Try re-seating the A and B boards together. Are you using the key writing cable? What does the LCD say when this happens? Last, are you using a macOS based machine to load your SD card?

Try re-seating the A and B boards together. Are you using the key writing cable? What does the LCD say when this happens? Last, are you using a macOS based machine to load your SD card?
I did. And yes, I am using the key writing cable. The LCD allows me to choose games and writes them yet I still get the blue picture above. I use Windows 10 and my sd card came defaulted to fat32

I did. And yes, I am using the key writing cable. The LCD allows me to choose games and writes them yet I still get the blue picture above. I use Windows 10 and my sd card came defaulted to fat32
I'd go around and make sure the multi and interconnect boards are fully seated next. Since there are some images on the screen I'm betting it's a connection issue; not to say it couldn't be something else though.

I'd go around and make sure the multi and interconnect boards are fully seated next. Since there are some images on the screen I'm betting it's a connection issue; not to say it couldn't be something else though.
I uninstalled everything. Reinstalled the roms prior (XmenvsSf) and the game work. Took out all of the roms. Reinstalled this carefully. step by step. STILL got the same issue. This ruined my whole day.

If it worked, and you changed the sd card data, and then it didn’t work… it’s probably an issue with the sd card or the data on it. Now that it’s been stripped and rebuilt it’s a bit harder to say for sure. But if you’re confident in your hardware abilities I’d say grab another SDHC card, put just one game on it from the old pack that worked, and try that.

Last edited:
Hello,
Does tthe Rev2 sold in Italy is same as Champion Edition in USA ?

Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z

Darksoft CPS-2 Decrypted Set.7z

Darksoft Addon CPS-2 Hack 2020-12-30.7z

Darksoft Addon CPS-2 MAME 2020-05-24.7z

There are four types of cps2 images.

I want to know if I can put all 4 in the games folder or if it is okay not to put duplicate game images.

I want to know if I can put all 4 in the games folder or if it is okay not to put duplicate game images.
I'm in the same question as you 👍

When you extract Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z, there will be a games folder. Move THAT folder onto a blank micro sd card formatted to FAT32 if it isn't already.

In file explorer access the same sd card and access the games folder. Leave this window open.

Extract Darksoft Addon CPS-2 Hack 2020-12-30.7z, there will be a CPS-2 Hacks folder. Open that folder revealing 3 more folders. Open each folder and highlight all the folders inside. Then drag these files into the games folder. You do this 3 times.

That's it.

So I got sent a replacement and works fine now. I even spray-painted the A and B boards as I tried to restore them because they were in bad shape. I will upload pics at some point.

When you extract Darksoft CPS2 2020-05-24.7z, there will be a games folder. Move THAT folder onto a blank micro sd card formatted to FAT32 if it isn't already.

In file explorer access the same sd card and access the games folder. Leave this window open.

Extract Darksoft Addon CPS-2 Hack 2020-12-30.7z, there will be a CPS-2 Hacks folder. Open that folder revealing 3 more folders. Open each folder and highlight all the folders inside. Then drag these files into the games folder. You do this 3 times.

That's it.
thanks for the reply!!

then

Is it okay not to add these two game images?

thanks for the reply!!

then

Is it okay not to add these two game images?
You don't need the decrypted set unless the original ones don't work.

The MAME one you don't need at all.

Back