What's new
For Sale
I am offer the following for refund. Pm with your name along with refund in the subject. In the body add your PayPal. Sorry I don't have time to go through my history trying to match user and their PayPal. I should have kept track of that from the start.
Chassis = 160 this should cover repair if flyback is ok
Psu (E2) = 70 this should cover for generic psu and the adapter harness

I am offer the following for refund. Pm with your name along with refund in the subject. In the body add your PayPal. Sorry I don't have time to go through my history trying to match user and their PayPal. I should have kept track of that from the start.
Chassis = 160 this should cover repair if flyback is ok
Psu (E2) = 70 this should cover for generic psu and the adapter harness
what about windy2 psu

find a reasonable replacement or adapter version and it will be covered. I don't know what the option are yet but expect the same price?

Kids are in bed, lunches are made, and all but one person has been refunded (from the people that pm me so far) For the Montreal container. I have refunded a chunk back the @Rezwalker as he was the person I have been dealing with.

What are some good tips for storing cabs in cold weather?

I mentioned this before, but I never got an answer. Searching on the internet has given me mixed opinions as well. We've been getting sub-zero temps out here, and my cabs will be stored in a garage. Has anyone had any problems/success?

I mentioned this before, but I never got an answer. Searching on the internet has given me mixed opinions as well. We've been getting sub-zero temps out here, and my cabs will be stored in a garage. Has anyone had any problems/success?
As long as you don't turn them ON while cold/damp you should be fine as long as the garage you are storing them in is dry and moisture-free

this may sound silly but when I got my big red freighted here I got big bag versions of those little packets they put in products that you don't want moisture getting into like beef jerky for instance. They are quit big bags. Just put 1 to 2 in each cab if its prolonged storage. They are called Desiccant Bags.

Last edited:
Anyone able to explain to me how to measure inductance on the yoke connector? I'd mistaken it for impedance. Related because replacing the tube in the Windy for 8bit.
Curious about this as well. Anyone have a link to a video/guide on using an LCR meter to measure a CRT yoke?

If anyone has already taken the values from their Windy 2 PB7534 tube/chassis, please share your findings.

this may sound silly but when I got my big red freighted here I got big bag versions of those little packets they put in products that you don't want moisture getting into like beef jerky for instance. They are quit big bags. Just put 1 to 2 in each cab if its prolonged storage. They are called Desiccant Bags.
I've seen guys do this if they have shed arcades in snowy states.

I found a post on another forum from a few years back where someone wrote you can use a Blast City MS293x chassis in place of the PB7534 on a Windy 2.

He didn't mention whether the yoke would have to be swapped, but it seems like he would have if that were necessary.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/archive/index.php/t-75969.html
Also you can use Nanao MS2930 ,MS2931,MS2933 and MS2934 chassis if your Toshiba chassis gone dead.Check with Jomac if he does repair them because its a digital chassis.

The 32 should work on the same yoke as 30, 31, 33 and 34, so you could reasonably expect it to work on the Windy as well. However, the tube curvature is different on the monitors, so geometry might be off. The 32 is curved, 30 (et al) semi-flat.

I posted inductance readings of both yokes in this post:

will a Nanao MS-2932 Tube work with an MS-2931 Chassis?

I don't know if @twistedsymphony ever tried it.

For the record, the resistance readings are probably off by +-0.5. My multimeter doesn't work well with low resistance. So if I have the resistance down at 0.55, it just means my multimeter was jumping back and forth between 0.5-0.6. Also, my inductance meter is a cheap $15 affair. So YMMV!

As for how you measure inductance, well, it's like measuring resistance. Just put the meter leads in the yoke connector and touch the metal pins. Doesn't matter which lead goes to which pin. If the poles on the yoke are exposed, you can also try to measure it from there.

Last edited:
I posted inductance readings of both yokes in this post:

will a Nanao MS-2932 Tube work with an MS-2931 Chassis?

I don't know if @twistedsymphony ever tried it.
I finally found a couple of MS2931 chassis, they just arrived earlier this week and are still in the box though. I'll probably pull the back of the Net city and start checking things out in another week or two. Your reading will be invaluable to verifying my tube and yoke once that time comes :D

Reactions: nem
Stupid question but no need to discharge the tube first right?
Unless you're removing the anode cap, there's never a need to discharge the tube.

However, you will need to remove the yoke connector(s) from the chassis. Depending on the chassis the connector(s) can be in a pretty hard to reach spot.

what I find funny is I doubt any of the windy2 came with original locks but he's selling windy2 locks

Stupid question but no need to discharge the tube first right?
Unless you're removing the anode cap, there's never a need to discharge the tube.
However, you will need to remove the yoke connector(s) from the chassis. Depending on the chassis the connector(s) can be in a pretty hard to reach spot.
Thanks, yeah it can be a pain to reach those connections - certainly was plugging the degauss cable back in.

How does this LCR meter look? Should do the trick?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WNNYQT

Back