What's new
For Sale
OK, I've had 5 people PM me so far asking where I got my MS2931 Chassis...
I got them from Yaton, on eBay... bought them probably 2 months ago now (it takes a while to get them in), I believe they were part outs from Net Citys that didn't sell as part of the group buy.

The whole reason I bought 2 is because it's highly likely that one or both of them don't work. Probably not what you all are looking for. It doesn't matter because I need one, working or not.

These chassis are hard to find, I've been hunting for a one for the better part of a year. Yaton posts them up every so often and they're usually sold within hours.

Sorry, but there is no super-secret stash of NOS chassis that I know about. :whistling:

Word of warning. You gotta be careful, because Yaton listed several 2932 as "Net City Chassis" a few weeks back. Always verify the model using the close up photos he posts.

Also expect to recap it upon receiving.
I'm well aware, I've bought 6 chassis from him at this point. I don't even look at what he lists them as and only go by what I see in the photos.

from my perspective Yaton sells mis-listed junk, but sometimes junk is better than nothing.

Oh, I wasn't directing that at you, but just posting it as info for folks who might be less experienced with chassis swaps and/or dealing with Yaton.

I know you know what's up.

Yeah definitely. Don't buy it until you're 100% sure it's the correct chassis from the pictures, and don't buy it unless you're prepared to at minimum do a re-cap or send it to someone for a refurb.

most of the chassis I've bought from him needed all new adjustment pots replaced cracked resistors and a number of other rusty or cooked parts that I replaced just because they were ugly.

The one I linked to says “net city”. I take too much for granted and forget some are new to the hobby. The above is very good advice.

I killed a Tosh tube with a Yaton MS2931 chassis a few months ago. 100% dead. I still have no idea what the hell happened there. Corroded pins on the neck connector? Some kind of short circuit?

I have two MS2930 chassis that I picked up from Yaton, but I only bought them as back ups. I plan on sending them to Sharper Image for service and repairs because I am assuming the things are only half ass working.

not sure what I'm supposed to do when I only have the one tube :-/
Start hoarding tubes for science?

lz6.gif

I would if I could but I'm pretty sure I have a larger collection of candy cabs than anyone else in NH, Nanao tubes are unobtainium around here.

I've got some other shitty monitors, I'll have to see if they can suffer a Nanao chassis.

I would if I could but I'm pretty sure I have a larger collection of candy cabs than anyone else in NH, Nanao tubes are unobtainium around here.

I've got some other shitty monitors, I'll have to see if they can suffer a Nanao chassis.
I have a backup chassis sitting in a box, also from Yaton. This has been eye-opening. I was planning to test it out, but maybe I'll just let it sit in the box until the day my other chassis actually dies. At which point... recap, then roll the dice.

Or better yet, send it to Sharp for 'service' so they can plug it in and gamble one of their tubes? :evil:

Last edited:
Nanao tubes are unobtainium around here.
I don't know that I've ever seen a Nanao tube, just Nanao chassis attached to Toshiba tubes.

Toshiba tubes are relatively findable in higher end Toshiba TV's (lower end use Orion tubes). Finding the right curvature is hit or miss, but you will probably be able to find something comparable with a good bit of second-hand hunting.

I still think you'll find them in Toshiba TV sets. When I was looking for a replacement for my E2 I found quite a few, but none were E2 curvature (because it's stupid).

I got in touch with Dragonlee and he confirmed he has personally swapped a Toshiba PB7534 chassis with a Nanao MS2934 chassis without changing the yoke. He reports it worked great, but obviously only had 31khz support afterwards due to the MS2934 chassis.

He said a WEI-ya 3129b will also work.

The tube from the MS2934 is also a drop-in replacement curvature-wise.

Does anyone have a diagram for the AC wiring to the PB7534?

Planning on pulling mine this weekend, but would like to get a start on ordering parts for building an adapter harness to use MS293x chassis.

Essentially all that needs to be wired custom is AC power AFAIK, then you can just use the VGA input for video. Degauss maybe, but I'm not sure if there is even a degauss button on Windy 2 cabs?

Back