What's new
For Sale
yeah, F-That.

How about beating china by offering a superior service?

also had a laugh at this:
Payment forms accepted are:
  • Money Order
  • Cashiers, certified or company checks.
  • Western Union
  • Bank wire transfer
Small business and personal
checks held up to 7 days for clearance unless repeat Customer. Major Credit Cards
Accepted via Fax orders.
What is this the fucking 70s?

If you know people are jokin about your policy, why would you make it more of a joke

I went ahead and asked him anyways about the Windy 2 PB7534 flyback, I'll let you guys know what he says.

Does anyone have the part number for the flyback?

lGKFMlO.jpg

luZdUxj.jpg

Anyone know how to translate this stuff?

http://dengwang1.blog.sohu.com/155131558.html

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6932bc380100j9m5.html

It lists "TFB5078AD" with "12.61" next to it, possibly some sort of value or reading from the flyback? Maybe this would be used to determine a suitable replacement?

If I google saerch "TFB8078AD" as well, it comes back with a few hits that also read "12.61" afterwards.

Using Google Translate on those docs it says:

Numbered model foot number model foot
10 TFB5078AD 12.61

I'm pretty out of my element obviously, but it does look flyback related! :P

That's chinese and I believe it just says: "Dengwang electronic display high voltage package model 15"

That's chinese and I believe it just says: "Dengwang electronic display high voltage package model 15"
Basically a factory that ~10 years ago may have had those listed flyback models or the means to produce them?

I was hoping it was more a list of values that could be used to find suitable replacements.

Given if the neck on the tube is the same, what are the chances of pulling a Sanwa PFX chassis and potentially yoke and putting it on the Toshiba PB7475-1 tube of the Windy II? Toshiba PB7475 tube of course is curved, Sanwa PFX monitor is of course flat.

Is such a thing possible? Can you put a flat screen parts on a curved screen?

Isn't PFX dual focus like the Toshiba PF? If it is, the neck connector is different and the tubes can't be swapped.

A single focus tube like the one on the Windy should be pretty common. Naturally curvature will vary from tube to tube, but if you can live with a gap in the bezel, look for donor tubes in televisions (other than Sony brand).

Sometimes you can peer inside the monitor enclosure from the back and see the tube number. You can then punch that into Tubular to see what kind of neck connector it has:

http://tubular.atomized.org/

just so you know if it fits in a blast it fits in a windy2. If you want to do that in the mean time trying to fix your monitors. Mines not even worth to fix.

just so you know if it fits in a blast it fits in a windy2. If you want to do that in the mean time trying to fix your monitors. Mines not even worth to fix.
I believe the Blast City came with Nanao MS2930 or MS2931 monitors as did Net City. Do Nanao MS2932 & Sanwa 29E31S have the same screen curvature?

MS2932 is different (it has the same curvature as MS8 / MS9-29). 29E31S on the other hand is the same.

MS2932 is different (it has the same curvature as MS8 / MS9-29). 29E31S on the other hand is the same.
Wait a sec, Sanwa 29E31S is a chassis that is fitted onto a curved screen? Because I have 3 such monitors with that chassis and they are all fitted on flat screens.

Because, if this is the case, I can get my Windy II up and running right away.

29E31S is normally paired to a curved Shanghai Novel tube. Same curvature as the Tosh in the Nanao 2930 / 31 / 33 / 34.

Are you sure they're 29E31S?

29E31S is normally paired to a curved Shanghai Novel tube. Same curvature as the Tosh in the Nanao 2930 / 31 / 33 / 34.
This is definitely the case.

And it's a drop in replacement for the Windy 2.

You had me doubting myself for a sec nem. I had to step in my garage to double check all 3 cabs. Not an easy thing to do since its stacked full of project cabs =).
  • 2x - Wangnam Midnight Tune 2 (WMMT2)
  • 1x - US Tekken 5
Sure enough, on the back of all 3 chassis clear as day it says "29E31S". All are flat screens. This is what lead me to my question from the other day as I have another two WMMT3 cabs that have Sanwa PFX chassis and Matsushia tubes. The hope with that question was if I could fit the PFX chassis on the Windy II tube. But you answered that too.

So you're saying I can fit the 29E31S chassis in the tube that came with the Windy II?

So you're saying I can fit the 29E31S chassis in the tube that came with the Windy II?
No, I was just saying that you can put the curved Shanghai Novel tube in the Windy 2.

Maybe there are 2 variations of the 29E31S?

Like Nem's, mine are attached to Shanghai Novel curved tubes that were a drop-in replacement for the Windy II. Not flat :/.

Back