What's new
For Sale
So you're saying I can fit the 29E31S chassis in the tube that came with the Windy II?
You can, but you need to swap the yoke. Neck connectors are compatible.

Also the yoke for the flat screen tube might not be the same as the one for the curved, so it might not look right in the corners.

Anyway, I've never seen a 29E31S paired with a flat screen. Interesting stuff!

Let me be sure I have this right. In addition to fitting the 29E31S from the flat 29" tube, I should also transplant the yoke from the flat 29" tube to the curved tube of the WIndy II? Bear in mind, my 29E31S chassis is fixed currently to a flat tube. Just seems odd that I would use the yoke from a flat tube on a tube with a curved screen?
Maybe there are 2 variations of the 29E31S?
I'll pull out one of the cabs I have and take snaps of it. Let me know if you see anything in particular that may be different.

I will. Both aren't in front of me now. Cabs are here. Work is an hour away without traffic. Other cab is at a friend's. Commuter's life.

MS2932 is different (it has the same curvature as MS8 / MS9-29). 29E31S on the other hand is the same.
Wait a sec, Sanwa 29E31S is a chassis that is fitted onto a curved screen? Because I have 3 such monitors with that chassis and they are all fitted on flat screens.
Because, if this is the case, I can get my Windy II up and running right away.
yes @rewrite dropped in the curved version of 29E31S. And if you want to make it trisync get a rodo666a . which is what I did. Rewrite and I are just waiting on sharp image to fix the psu. To get it up and running.

But even if the tubes are flat who cares as long as it works. I believe river still sells the after market bezel for flat tubes.

The 29E31S chassis is definitely getting harvested from my Tekken 5 cab to be put in the Windy II. The only thing up for debate is if the yoke has to come with it. I tried pulling the monitor out today but that Tekken 5 cab is built like a tank. Won't have time to finish the task today. Will need to finish it off next weekend. Looks like I am going to strip the Tekken 5 cab bare, right down to the wheels/levelers, and dispose of it, which is a challenge in itself.
You know what's funny? I think I have a Wei-Ya chassis laying around too :). Been sort of stressing about the Windy II but in the past few days, I've found out I have parts on hand to get it going afterall.

@acblunden2 ya I forgot the weiya chassis should work too.

I had sharp image do the rodo666a mod for the dip switch to fix 15hz or 31hz so you can fix the compression on ether when you switch to them.

Let me be sure I have this right. In addition to fitting the 29E31S from the flat 29" tube, I should also transplant the yoke from the flat 29" tube to the curved tube of the WIndy II? Bear in mind, my 29E31S chassis is fixed currently to a flat tube. Just seems odd that I would use the yoke from a flat tube on a tube with a curved screen?
Yokes are tied to chassis, not tube. If your pair a yoke with the wrong tube, you'll just get a slightly warped picture. Pair a yoke with the wrong chassis, sparks can fly out.

The yoke on the Windy tube might be compatible, but I wouldn't bet on it. You need get yourself an inductance meter (20 bucks on eBay).

For reference, the specs for the yoke on the curved Shanghai Novel 29E31S are:

Lh 0.300mh
Rh 0.6 ohms
Lv 11.7mh
Rv 5.3 ohms

Also, take pics of your 29E31S chassis.

Are they close enough?

PB7534

LH 0.22mh
RH - 0.6ohm
LV 11.2 mh
RV- 4.7ohm

Reactions: nem
Horizontal inductance is pretty off. I don't think it will work.

hello, if possible i need for one Egret2 (how much the best one?)
7NrEya8.jpg

What a beautiful picture of all of them lined up... I better start saving for a second candy cabinet, it seems.

Back