What's new
For Sale
That's... real short notice. Real short.

Might have to take two trucks anyway at this point and I'll have to figure out shipping 3 cabs down... And poor 8bit may be on his own?

I'm looking into what my other options are...

EDIT: Uhhhh, maybe I can swing this...

Last edited:
huh I'm in Hawaii what you mean willace
  • 35 cabs are in the container.
    • Due to be picked up locally from Fremont, CA are:
  • Cereth can only (tightly) fit 25 cabs in his truck
@rewrite is short-handed. So looks like he can't pick-up your 2 cabs and bring them to SoCal with him to arrange for shipment to you in Hawaii. To make sure that Cereth can fit all the cabs that are going to be distributed to the rest of the US members in one truckload, I am going to make arrangements so your two cabs can stay in Fremont, CA. Your job is to make sure you arrange for shipment from Fremont to your location in Hawaii. You'll need to arrange this right away otherwise I am going to enjoy the heck out of having an extra E2 and Windy II :). No, I'm kidding. I have no intention of keeping your cabs. But I do need you to get them shipped to you right away to you. Let's give you 2 weeks to arrange/finalize shipping once the container arrives. Does that work?

The only other contigent is that Cereth might bring two trucks down anyway as he has other business to handle while he is here. If so, your two cabs get picked up by Cereth and you'll have to arrange for shipping to you from Reno, NV. You can have your say as to where you want your cabs to be stationed if Cereth brings down more than two trucks. But either way, you'll have to quickly arrange for shipping to you in Hawaii whether they stay in Fremont, CA or go with Cereth to Reno, NV.

@rewrite is short-handed. So looks like he can't pick-up your 2 cabs and bring them to SoCal with him to arrange for shipment to you in Hawaii. To make sure that Cereth can fit all the cabs that are going to be distributed to the rest of the US members in one truckload, I am going to make arrangements so your two cabs can stay in Fremont, CA.
You're fantastic. You help everyone so much and I overstate how helpful you've been in this.

I'm really, REALLY trying to figure out another means to do this. Worst case I can fit my three in my truck, but that sucks, and I feel awful not fulfilling 100% of what I offered to do...

Initially we were going to take @'theoddtech''s car with a trailer, but he has new-found obligations this week into next, so that plan was out. And then after this morning's reading after the 22nd, I was working on finding the right hitch (my truck USED to have a liftgate, so the bumper and everything related is gone), but even if I ordered tonight and ended up with the right one, it wouldn't be on time for possibly Friday.

So I'm seeing about renting a truck... Which has proven to be expensive, and I have another consideration or two I need to contest with in that...

ya I wasn't planing on another freight charge so soon. Its going to cost half of what it would cost me get them to freighted to Hawaii to get them to rewrite to store.

when you freight to Hawaii it isn't quick. They need to be palleted and wrapped. This is really really short notice.

If I'm left with no choice ill have to borrow to get the freight started but ill need someone to wrap and secure cabs to pallet or pallets preferably 1 pallet so its cheaper for me.

Last edited:
I can use my Enterprise business account for truck rentals if need be. I'll know when it clears tomorrow, but generally I'd have an option and would prefer to push for later in the weekend or Monday. Thoughts?

I can use my Enterprise business account for truck rentals if need be. I'll know when it clears tomorrow, but generally I'd have an option and would prefer to push for later in the weekend or Monday. Thoughts?
I may take you up on that. Penske offers unlimited mileage, so that's what I'm looking into currently.

Called around a bunch to see what I could do, and this is what it's looking like on my end:

Update:
Friday - Really rough
Saturday - Doable - I think?
Sunday - Fantastic
Monday - Really rough
Any time Tuesday or later - Fantastic.

Last edited:
Hold for processing on a weekend until I can confirm with my buddy tomorrow. Also, @sprayk will need you to confirm if you are available on a weekend to do local pick-up as well.

Alright, processing the container at my buddy's location is a go cleared with my buddy for this weekend. Next steps:
  1. @Cereth - please make the arrangements for the container to arrive at my buddy's place this weekend. Rain is forcasted for Sunday, Saturday might be better for travel.
    • I'll text you the address again now
    • Please confirm the container arrival time here in the thread so travel plans and logistics are in place
  2. @theoddtech, @rewrite, @sprayk - be ready to secure transport for local pick-up the moment Cereth confirms the cabs shall arrive
  3. @sprayk, @Hatsune Mike - once Cereth confirms the time of arrival, expect that you should arrive for local pick-up 1.5 hours after that announced time.
    • I'll text you as soon as the container arrives as their can be delays due to traffic.
  4. Oh, no pics of the cabs while they are in my buddy's facility. Can't have pics of some senstive stuff my buddy might have laying around in pics.
    1. Take pics while they are in the container or if we move them outside as we process
This works out for everyone. This is a weekend, so my buddy's daily operation is not impacted. We just have to be sensitive to his properties. Only one truck is needed for Cereth as he will only be hauling away 24 of 35 cabs. 11 cabs shall be picked up locally in Fremont, including @'8bitforlife''s cabs by rewrite. With some further work on everyone else's end to arrange for delivery, everyone in the US should have their cabs from the group buy before the new year. With all this good fortune, I think I should buy a lottery ticket right now and use harness the luck while it is here. Exciting!

Last edited:
@acblunden2 as I posted above, Saturday will only maybe work for me getting 8bit's cabs as well.

Sunday is guaranteed that it will work.

I still don't know if weekend pick up is possible, waiting to hear back. Also still waiting to clear customs

I still don't know if weekend pick up is possible, waiting to hear back. Also still waiting to clear customs
If it becomes next week I'm 100% good from Tuesday onward, even if it somehow becomes the week after.

Those that ordered cabs that are on the east coast, please let us know if you want your cabs shipped out from west coast by cereth or if you want to if you want to pick up or get your cabs shipped from the east coast.

East coast pick up/ship from location will be Baldwin, NY 11510, and the location needs a truck with liftgate service unfortunately.

Please note, I will be at a real estate conference in Vegas from the 27th to the 5th, so to shipping/pick ups during this time, but then again Im not sure the cabs will get to the east coast by then, so expect to pick up/ship your cab(s) after the 5th ;)
You are not obligated to pick up/ship from east coast. So...if you want to get your cab shipped/pick from the east coast send me a PM.

This is still held up by a discrepancy in item count between origin and destination. Long story short, there's 35 pieces on the container and origin has 40 recorded in the manifest, or something along those lines. My customs agent has been trying to get it corrected since the 29th. There's a lot of information I don't understand too well, but I'm making some direct calls today to hopefully get them moving since they are going to start charging us for the time soon. I don't know when they can get it released at this point. All my plans are kind of destroyed atm as well, I might have to put off my personal delivery schedule or just double up everything

I've had that happen. It taught me to always put whatever amount was in the bill of lading, even though I knew the item count was off.

The worst of it is, I think I'm going to get extremely short notice for pick up, or we're just going to have to pay for extra days to make it fit in people's schedule. I REALLY don't want to do it mid-next week myself but we might have to. If I do it'll cost us an extra several hundred or so, and I'll probably have to take the rest of the week off to be there for it. Office hours in China don't open until like 6pm so I can't even change truck reservations until tomorrow when it's too late, so I'm probably going to just have to cancel deliveries this weekend and let everyone know. Really unhappy right now about everything ):

Back