What's new
JDK 17 Says I'm missing make_work_directory .bat.
It seems you are doing something wrong, since that file does exist. It's right there in the root directory, check https://github.com/originalgrego/FinalFightAE-CPS2-Installer. Did you properly download and uncompressed the whole Git repo?

It does with patched roms. I can't figure it out though.
Are you trying to make it run on Darksoft CPS2 multi? or are you trying to create a dedicated CPS2 board for this game?

It seems you are doing something wrong, since that file does exist. It's right there in the root directory, check https://github.com/originalgrego/FinalFightAE-CPS2-Installer. Did you properly download and uncompressed the whole Git repo?

Are you trying to make it run on Darksoft CPS2 multi? or are you trying to create a dedicated CPS2 board for this game?
When I click the jar file it comes up with 2 roms to patch: SFA3 and Ffight.zip. I'm trying to run on the Dark Soft Multi.

Which file is the Git Repro? Not seeing it. Thanks again!

data/Final Fight AE CPS2 Patch.mra?

Last edited:
If you followed the official guide to generate the roms, then at the end you will have a "results" directory with the correct roms for DS multi, HBMAME and mister.
Yea but the MAME rom was all jacked up and missing two files so I didn’t really trust the other builds it made

I documented all the steps necessary to build Final Fight 30th Anniversary for both CPS1 and CPS2. I didn't publish on my site cause I didn't know if it was allowed or if it's supposed to be our little secret. if anyone can give the yea or nay on that I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
The key file should be no problem at all, since AFAIK the game is not encrypted, that file should only contain 20 bytes of 1's.
yeah I had troubles with emulators. I think with Darksoft if you have that key cable apparatus that should get around that? I had to physically fix one of those back in March, and got it to work again but I didn't get to actually really play anything on it.

Thanks dude! At first I did everything by myself and got a blackscreen after the ROM finished loading on my Darksoft Multi. Now everything works
Hi! If I wanted to use this in real hardware (I have a spare rev 7 b board), what do I have to do with the phoenix.key archive? is it meant to be burned into a GAL or something?

Hi! If I wanted to use this in real hardware (I have a spare rev 7 b board), what do I have to do with the phoenix.key archive? is it meant to be burned into a GAL or something?
I don't know how it works cause I've never done it but I came across something about programming the key with Arduino. it runs to the same header where you would solder the Infinikey underneath. (permitting of course you have one, they're apparently unobtanium now). I think that's what the separate add-on harness for the key programmer is for with Darksoft.

question I pose, which may sound dumb but oh well, if you're running decrypted roms is the key thing even needed at all?

This has just come out on analogue pocket (public) but the rom is missing. I guess I can use mra tool to convert the megz.nz download to rom file. Thx for the link @Iguanastorm

Hi there, how can I run this on real cps2? Got the files from results folder but I don't know rom placement on the board. THX

Hi there, how can I run this on real cps2? Got the files from results folder but I don't know rom placement on the board. THX

Which files did you get after doing all the process? List them along with their exact sizes (in bytes).

1700525820657.png

Back