What's new
I see no reason to talk to Mitsu like that. Please chill out. This is a nice place to discuss arcade projects and have fun.

Hey all,

Personally, I truly enjoy this community of people and the way the board is setup. Both Darksoft and Mitsu have created a forum that is open to everyone, where nothing is asked in return but to have fun and make some awesome arcade projects happen. I have been an admin or a mod on a few boards and I know what it takes to keep these places going both financially and time wise; and the reasons why they dont want any drama going on. I like their zero tolerance policy towards drama of any kind.

@loscanones - I would like to thank you for your time/effort on creating a solution and for your quick tutorial, I am sure it is well received and appreciated by everyone. I have no doubts that someone else will be able to write up and post a detailed tutorial for the people that need one.

Like Darksoft stated "This is a nice place to discuss arcade projects and have fun." So lets not ruin it, everyone's time is valuable.

I have been getting requests on implementing this solutions from our not so techie friends, one of the repeated questions is to identify graphics processor fans. So here are some pics for whomever needs them.

Naomi 1 Board

conso_naomi_inside2.jpg

Naomi 2 Board

naomi-2-fan-replace-5.jpg

On the naomi 2, using the tach wire on 1 of the fans should be enough, but I have seen some naomi 2 boards run with one dead fan for a while before rebooting. So test it out before assembling everything.

I would say a neater solution if you are going the tach wire way would be to make a splice harness that attaches between the fan header pin on the motherboard and the fan connector, maybe prewire the relay to this harness and offer a connection to the Pi. That way its sort of plug and play for our non techie friends. Should be easy for for someone to put together offer it for sale.

Derick2K,

Thanks for the information. I echo your comments regarding the forums and the enjoying this community of hobbyists and what it adds to everyone involved to learn from others. It has helped tremendously to have this resource and I have been helped by countless people, including Mitsu and Darksoft, and everyone has been great and extremely patience with those of us learning this hobby. Thank you to everyone who helps to make this forum a fun place and a safe environment to share thoughts and information.

I want to put out the call for a splice harness (plug and play) opportunity with this as described above. I too struggle to have the time for some of this and the confidence to do it correctly without harming something and spending even more time on it. If someone would be willing to put this harness together for the Pi - I would greatly appreciate it and certainly be willing to pay for it. Anyone? Please. At a minimum; a more detailed outline of how to make your own harness and eliminate the need to go into the motherboard at all. Thanks!

Guys, I am going to be making a few of these fan harnesses and I need help sourcing the male/female fan connectors. If anyone knows where to get these or compatible ones please let me know. Thank you.

Yes, I am only making about a dozen. 3 requested so far from members and I need 3 myself. Le me know how many you need and for which naomis. I am just waiting on parts to get delivered to put them together.

Yes, I am only making about a dozen. 3 requested so far from members and I need 3 myself. Le me know how many you need and for which naomis. I am just waiting on parts to get delivered to put them together.
I would take one of each, for naomi 1 and 2. If it not an inconvenience.

I would take one of each, for naomi 1 and 2. If it not an inconvenience.
Got ya down for 2, so only two left

Last edited:
A little update, parts started coming in. The most important, the fan connectors, to make it completely plug and play. Had a bitch of a time finding these, but I got them. So it wont be long so I can make the harnesses.

IMG_3330.JPG

A little update, parts started coming in. The most important, the fan connectors, to make it completely plug and play. Had a bitch of a time finding these, but I got them. So it wont be long so I can make the harnesses.

IMG_3330.JPG
Open a sales thread for this please. You can post the link here so people know where to go.

IMG_3330.JPG
Open a sales thread for this please. You can post the link here so people know where to go.
I will, I am making a limited run to see if there is enough interest. I should have them ready next week. I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Ok Peeps, finally got the parts needed and made the first batch of reset harness kits. They are meant to be plug and play, basically for people that do not want to cut/splice/solder anything.

I am not a pro at this, I am sure most people here can do a better job. In order to keep it simple and low cost I used all off the shelf parts.

Now, I only made a small batch of these and basically all of them are spoken for, some people have not responded so I might have a couple to sell. If there is enough interest I might make more of these "kits"

If you only want the splice harness for the fans that connects to the relay I can do that easy enough, let me know.

IMG_3530.JPG

Here are some other pics:

Complete Kit
IMG_3511.JPG

Had to stack the headers like so, I will include spacers to support the PBCs
*Note - If you dont want to use the red inbetween board just solder the wires to your Pi directly.
IMG_3516.JPG

Relay Shot - Connection to fans
IMG_3519.JPG

Relay Shot - Connection to Pi
IMG_3521.JPG

There are the splice harnesses for the fans
IMG_3523.JPG

Kit will work with both the Naomi I & II
IMG_3528.JPG

You can place the relay right under the main board, it has plenty of clearance.
IMG_3529.JPG

Last edited:
Now, I only made a small batch of these and basically all of them are spoken for, some people have not responded so I might have a couple to sell. If there is enough interest I might make more of these "kits"
Oooooh. Ahhhhhhhh.

They look great!

They came out pretty good for off the shelf parts.

I wanted to make my own custom GPIO header adapter pcb, instead of using that breakout board, but I just dont have the time right now. Maybe I will update it in a few weeks to make a more compact version/custom adapter.

With these, mechanically, all the connections are correct and they work as they should, I havent had a chance to test these with the update pi script so I need some peeps to test these out.

Back