What's new

borked

Student
Reaction score
Hello,

I got into collecting arcade games and cabs over a decade ago, but I sold all my cabs like an idiot a LONG time ago.

Biggest regret...selling my SNK Neo25.

Been lusting after some HD cabinets for quite some time and finally have the means to get back into collecting some of this stuff again.

Of course, being on the east coast US (near Baltimore MD), cabs don't flow around here like they do on the other coast.

Most recent pickup:

King of Fighters XI for Atomiswave

I know as far as KoF games, it's not a huge favorite by the KoF faithful, but it came out on PS2 when I was just starting to collect, so it's got the nostalgia factor for me.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Edit: I should also mention that I never sold off the games I bought during my earlier run at things. Although with the naomi net boot business, my gd-rom collection definitely won't be seeing the light of day.

Last edited:
When you fall, all you can do is pick yourself up. The new collection will be even better than the last. Welcome aboard sir!

Welcome.. We all have regreets when it comes to our hobby.. when you think that you are out of the hobby or a life changing event the best thing to do is storage your gear and pretend that you have sold them. That need to play will hit you in about 6-8months and if you sold your gear, you will be like FFFFFFFFFFFF. Candy are hard to find and shipping has gotten incredible expensive from California to the East Cost if the shipping company is bringing the cabs inside the house.

Oh I'm keenly aware of how rare this stuff is on this side of the country. It's only gotten worse I think. Makes you wonder why no one on this coast is importing things. I'm sure costs are a little higher, but it's been done before. The AWSD that I had way back when came from a group order. Actually, all of my cabinets originally (to me) came out of New Jersey now that I think about it.

Welcome to this awesome forum!

A wise man once said "You never leave the arcade hobby, but sometimes the arcade hobby leaves you..."

So what happened, did you get "borked"?

:D

Honestly, I got worried about the costs involved with replacing CRTs that were going to be harder to come by.

Both the Domy Jr and Neo25 were 25" monitors. As far as I could tell were basically impossible to find replacements for. The SNK monitor was especially rare if memory serves(the domy was a nanao ms8-26).

Then the HD cabinets started showing up more and more (outside of game centers in japan that is) and I kind of saw the writing on the wall and decided to get rid of them. This happened a long time ago, 7 or 8 years now.

Monitors are getting harder to find.. The WGD9200 is the monitor that I have seem more often and to my understanding those fit the Blast City by taking the frame from an original Nano Blast City monitor.. That would be what I would be hunting for. The HD vewlix are nice and Taito is making new LCD monitors for them or you can get a spanking new vewlix black from Taito.. A few members here have gotten them. A brand new monitor will cost you $1800 and a new Vewlix 5k shipped.

Well since nobody is making CRTs anymore, it's no surprise, really.

I think you can still get the Wei-Ya tri-sync monitors from X-Arcade:
https://shop.xgaming.com/collections/arcade-parts/products/tri-mode-crt-arcade-monitor

Don't know if it's an easy swap into a blast though.

Isn't the D9200 notorious for blowing up?

Yeah, I'm aware of your exploits with the Diamond Black. You're actually only about an hour away from me. One day I'd like to come check them out...and talk you into letting me leave with your L :P .

Don't know if it's an easy swap into a blast though.
The Wei-Ya is a pure flat tube, it will leave gaps in the Blast City bezel.

It will fit, again as mentioned above you have to fully remove the tube from its frame...
Then "back-mount it" (using long bolts/nuts/washers to control the depth) into an original Blast City/Nanao frame.

I have not have any issues with my D9200 and they are curve. You are welcome to stop by anytime. My sister moved to the Boltimore area a few months ago and I visit her often.. The drive is not bad.

I just looked at my Blasts the CRT says Toshiba MS 31 and 33 and not Nano.

Back