What's new
So happy I went with a HAS for my first-ever supergun project. I'm finally finishing up my CPS2 Darksoft multikit move into one of Jasen's Customs CPS2 cases (just need to wire and solder buttons for easy external access), and the HAS works great with it. My eyes lit up when I successfully tested the 3p4p module along with Undamned USB decoders with Shadow Over Mystara :)

That said, I am having a bit more trouble with my NBA Maximum Hangtime board; the screen rolls right from the getgo on the test screen on my Sony Trinitron CRT. I do have the HAS connected to the TV via a Retrotink RGB2Comp adapter (running from the HAS's mini 8-pin > SCART > RGB2Comp > Component into the TV), which I suspect might be causing the issue though don't know for sure. Has anyone else had similar issues with Maximum Hangtime or other Midway boards connecting into the HAS and/or using an RGB2Comp to a consumer CRT?

Also, would anyone know whether the 3p4p module works with Maximum Hangtime and other Midway 4-player games?
The rolling screen issue on NBA happens because those boards use a non-standard sync signal. Same thng happens with Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 boards. I used a Gonbes 8200 with those for some time, until I found a PVM at a decent price.

hola, una pregunta, el supergun no ha dañado entonces el ossc? Me interesa uno, cuando estará a la venta? gracias

hola, una pregunta, el supergun no ha dañado entonces el ossc? Me interesa uno, cuando estará a la venta? gracias
Hi! It's perfectly safe to use it with the OSSC. I should have a new batch ready in a couple of months.

I can't vouch for them, not much info out there, but they are DB15, so they should work.

The ones I use and I'm happy with are the USB2DB15 and UDUSB.
https://ko-fi.com/s/b6c3d01043
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/products/undamned-db15-usb-decoder

I can't vouch for them, not much info out there, but they are DB15, so they should work.

The ones I use and I'm happy with are the USB2DB15 and UDUSB.
https://ko-fi.com/s/b6c3d01043
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/products/undamned-db15-usb-decoder
I use the Undamed one and it’s works for me!

Reactions: RGB
The thing I've run into a couple times is that different devices put B5 and B6 on different pins. IIRC HAS, Minigun, Parsec, Axunworks, UD-USB, and USB2DB15 all share their default pinout. The details for that adapter says it's compatible with Mak-Strike, which I think is different.

HAS lets you remap buttons, but I can't be bothered to remap buttons whenever I switch up my setup. I'd rather just get a bunch of devices that are mutually interoperable without configuration.

Get UD-USB or USB2DB15.

Reactions: RGB
The

HAS lets you remap buttons, but I can't be bothered to remap buttons whenever I switch up my setup.
One thing to keep in mind is the HAS will save the remapped settings so you don't have to do it every time, but yeah, if you're using a different adapter every time it would be an issue (but why would you?).

Another issue I ran into and this is a very obscure one is that the HAS can remap the Start button, where the say “undamned” db-15 decoder can’t. Who cares right? You will, if you own a Primal Rage PCB 👍🏼

Another issue I ran into and this is a very obscure one is that the HAS can remap the Start button, where the say “undamned” db-15 decoder can’t. Who cares right? You will, if you own a Primal Rage PCB 👍🏼
We will have to let @RGB confirm that because HAS use to NOT allow start button remapping! This was an issue for some games, like the awesome Guardians of the Hood, but... maybe it's been added to the newer revisions?

Yeah I'm unaware of start button mapping on HAS?

It can i own one 🤙🏼
Awhile ago I needed the start button remapped b/c of Guardians of the Hood (the BEST brawler with digitized characters ever!) and RGB was kind enough to send me a special modified HAS chip that did it, so I have been enjoying this feature since the 3.0 days, but I'm super glade it made it into the standard build. It's needed 100% IMO!

Yeah I'm unaware of start button mapping on HAS?
It can i own one
Awhile ago I needed the start button remapped b/c of Guardians of the Hood (the BEST brawler with digitized characters ever!) and RGB was kind enough to send me a special modified HAS chip that did it, so I have been enjoying this feature since the 3.0 days, but I'm super glade it made it into the standard build. It's needed 100% IMO!

Yeah, I wish they all did this … it must be hard to implement 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back