What's new
I got it figured out guys. A couple issues.

I'm using pidimboot, by the way. This software is amazing. I'm just a dummy.

• I was using a 64gb card which for whatever reason was messing some things up with my partitions. I couldn't move the ext4 partition or resize the fat32 partition and once I did I think I messed up the bootloader. Switched to a SanDisk 32gb card and it was much smoother
  • I had edited etc/network/interfaces so I could install a LCD driver for my adafruit 3.5" LCD and didn't remove the wifi stuff from it
  • My crossover cable was bad

44A25A20-04ED-46D2-97BE-612B5A379E60.jpeg

Is anyone else using PiDimBoot? If so, I do have one last question. Is there any way to have it automatically boot into the last game it sent to the netdimm?

Also, is there a CVS2 ROM that doesnt have horrible sound issues? Im getting weird crackling and cut-outs of audio, switching to mono left and right, etc.

Last edited:
Also, is there a CVS2 ROM that doesnt have horrible sound issues? Im getting weird crackling and cut-outs of audio, switching to mono left and right, etc.
common CVS2 ROM doesn't have sound issues, it should be something wrong/broken at your end. be sure to check your NAOMI RAM test, at least.

Thanks for the great guide. I am going to try my luck with a Triforce Type 3 but I had a couple of questions. Hopefully someone who has net-boot one already can assists.

- Does it matter if the Triforce Type 3 motherboard has 512 or 1 GB of memory or should I get a specific one if I am trying to have Mario kart GP 1,2 and Fzero boot?
- Would this work like the pitools? https://www.ebay.com/itm/NAOCHITRI-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Thanks

common CVS2 ROM doesn't have sound issues, it should be something wrong/broken at your end. be sure to check your NAOMI RAM test, at least.
you're right. Passed ram test, so I switched the audio cables and it works great now!

What image are you guys using to netboot your Raspberry Pi3B+? The original image doesn't support this version of pi. Just curious what anyone is using for Pi 4 and 3B+ if anyone has it working on these boards.
I believe PiDimBoot works on everything except the pi4

Any standard RJ45 wired ethernet cable (the type that comes with a router, modem, etc.) will work just fine. The RPi sorts everything else out.

hi, when i flash the piforcetool V1.5 on my V1.2b pi my lcd doesnt boot up anything and nothing works. If i switch back to piforcetools V1.4 it boots up and everything works. any idea's?

This is somewhat a noob question but my searching seems to not be that great. It seems people think if you’ve got a blast city with the blast city psu that will supply enough power for a Naomi 2 with GDROM but I’ve heard the net dimm takes more power. If I’m looking to net boot with a Naomi 2 in a blast city do I need two power supplies (one for the Naomi as well as blast city)? Also, is the Sega JVS IO board necessary with a blast city?

My Blast City is a dedicated Naomi 1 NetDIMM setup and it works just fine. I didn’t even need to dial anything in and my PSU hasn’t had a recap either. I think you’ll be fine. I’m running the Sega Rev. B IO FWIW.

hi, when i flash the piforcetool V1.5 on my V1.2b pi my lcd doesnt boot up anything and nothing works. If i switch back to piforcetools V1.4 it boots up and everything works. any idea's?
i had the same probleme. if your lcd revision is new you have to edit the file piforcetolls.py (with notepad)
and delete this line:
lcd.backlight(lcd.BLUE)

My Blast City is a dedicated Naomi 1 NetDIMM setup and it works just fine. I didn’t even need to dial anything in and my PSU hasn’t had a recap either. I think you’ll be fine. I’m running the Sega Rev. B IO FWIW.
Thanks, I didn’t see this before. :thumbsup:

I'm working through a Naomi 2 netdimm setup and have a few questions:

- I would like to power the Raspberry Pi via the Naomi 2. I think that I take a microusb cable, cut off the USB end, then wire the red and black pins to the CN12 connector on the back of the Naomi2 (pin 1 = red, pin 4 = black). Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

- When putting games on the SD card, do I just copy the .rar's over to the /ROMs/ folder or do I need to unrar them first?

- Is their a suggested pinout for the kick harness? I have a CPS2/3 kick harness with a cable to each connector and want to connect it up to a DB9 connector so that I can plug it into my ADCAP MK30 supergun. I'm a bit more confused as it seems like it's different than the CPS2/3 kick harness wire-up.

Thanks! Crossing my fingers everything works.... just waiting on my zero key to show-up to test it all.

Back