What's new
My Blast City is a dedicated Naomi 1 NetDIMM setup and it works just fine. I didn’t even need to dial anything in and my PSU hasn’t had a recap either. I think you’ll be fine. I’m running the Sega Rev. B IO FWIW.
noob question but I'm getting ready to try to install a naomi 1 with NetDIMM and Capcom IO board with standard blast city PSU, anything I need to know going into hooking it up? I've never setup a JVS system before and haven't been able to find a ton of info on the process online but just thinking my way through it seems fairly straight forward.

Plug the capcom IO to JAMMA then connect the power cables to your Naomi and video cable from your monitor. Make sure the video DIP settings are right on the cab, Naomi and Capcom IO and you’re good to go.

Make sure the video DIP settings are right on the cab, Naomi and Capcom IO and you’re good to go.
Is there any info on what the correct settings are or where to find them? I’ll be doing the same first time setup sometime soon as well?

Search the forum. It’s been answered before. Also check the ArcadeOtaku wiki.

It is dependent on what harness your machine is setup with, etc.

Make sure your blast psu is good. I recapped mine and had no issues running Naomi with the Capcom io, but I've heard others say they couldn't get stable voltage without an extra psu for the Naomi. Ymmv

Is the pi-force SDcard image in the first post still the one to use for my raspberry pi?

I loaded it but I get no display on my pi plate at all.
I ran this command and it showed that my plate is being seen

i2cdetect -y 1

I have tried turning up the contrast but nothing - still no display
Raspberry pi boots fine to login prompt

When I try to do a dmesg > log.txt I get the file system is read-only

Fixed it - I changed the color in the python script from BLUE to RED and that made the lcd screen come to life
Kind of odd

Question: Are the piforce tools still actively being developed? I've not seen an update after 2016 and there are some features I'd like to see. Thought I'd check before I start development on my end.
  • Support for unknown files (if a file is found in the games folder that is not in the list it displays as its filename rather than not being listed at all).
  • Support for multiple directories (Different folders for different platforms with menu navigation to switch).
  • Remembering the last game loaded and auto-loading it on next boot.
  • Anything else I think of...

Question: Are the piforce tools still actively being developed?
There are 5 or 6 different projects for tools like this on Raspberry Pi. while the original Pi-Force tools isn't being updated, many people, like you wanted additional features so they went and created their own.

There are 5 or 6 different projects for tools like this on Raspberry Pi. while the original Pi-Force tools isn't being updated, many people, like you wanted additional features so they went and created their own.
Interesting. Only ever found piforce tools, anything on github I could peruse?

So I just set up another pi with piforcetools and the LCD plate from adafruit.
When I start the pi, the LCD turns on with no backlight but if I max the contrast I can tell it's working.
After a bit, the backlight turns on for a second and then turns back off.

I've checked all my work with a meter and it all looks good, but no dice.
I tried swapping things around with no change, but I will note the LCD in my working pi was made by someone else, could there be a different ID or setting?
Once I set up the card initially I copied all the files around to account for my different filenames

I found the 1.5 version the only one that works consistently with no issues. But then again it maybe my version 3 PI.

Thanks, I downloaded the scripts separately from TravistyOJs site and that resolved my issue.
oddly enough though, the pi still says 1.4 on bootup
but at least I can read the text and send files, so I don't care about that bit lol

I have tried to setup everything but to no success. I have questions on the steps to setup the adafruit/pi for piforce tools. I have been to websites, but none seem to coordinate with each other to clarify the instructions. 1. Do I need to install the piforce img with or without adding my wifi info? 2. When do I install the adafruit lcd software. Before or after installing the piforce tools img? 3. Do I use raspberry pi imager to install the piforce tools imager? I just need the steps clarified. Everytime I try I hit a brick wall. So could really use some help. Thanks.

I have tried to setup everything but to no success. I have questions on the steps to setup the adafruit/pi for piforce tools. I have been to websites, but none seem to coordinate with each other to clarify the instructions. 1. Do I need to install the piforce img with or without adding my wifi info? 2. When do I install the adafruit lcd software. Before or after installing the piforce tools img? 3. Do I use raspberry pi imager to install the piforce tools imager? I just need the steps clarified. Everytime I try I hit a brick wall. So could really use some help. Thanks.
Depends on what you want to use. I use netboot rather than wifi and the steps are below.
Id say the wifi would be similar.

I use Piforce 1.5 on my PI and installed the image with raspberry PI imager (simply select a custom image to install).
Adifruit software comes with PIforce tools no need to install.
If you have problems with the LCD light not coming on there is 1 line of code to delete related to screen color in the adifruitLCD.py (thread on here search piforce tools LCD)
You may need to use Partition Wizard to move the Ext4 partition to the end of the card, and resize the FAT partition to use all unallocated space.

https://github.com/travistyoj/piforcetools - I used this to troubleshoot and got going no worries.

Back