What's new
For Sale
Silly question, anyone ever try building a monitor rotating mechanism similar to the E2s on another cab, like a Blast or an Astro? I just think someone out there must have tried and probably failed.
I've seen dozens of custom screen rotation setups for CRTs on BYOAC.
the specific mechanism design that the E2s use requires a lot of hefty metal work. So if you were going to replicate it you'd either need a heavy duty metal brake, or the ability to cut and weld.

here's someone who replicated it in an AW cab: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=16557&start=40
That is awesome, I am surprise that guy didnt decide to make his setup into a kit to sell for cabs without the rotate mechanism.

Last edited:
the Bast citys and the NNC are pretty aggressive looking Cab to me.
That's probably why I like them. NNC are my favorite cab design followed closely by the Blast.

Blast city so aggressive....
HBYkPNE.png

Last edited:
Watch this MF eat his hat. Had an ugly blast city delivered yesterday. Which i have affectionately named :
pDVhRY6.png
:thumbup:

LOL that's a riot! Like a true DS their ugly and scary, but effective. First DS smokes you, then you smoke DS.

Now I'll be hearing Drill Sergeant Ermey in my head when i'm cleaning it up.
DS was good in The Siege of Firebase Gloria if you haven't checked it out before.

Lets us know which monitor came in the cab and check for some 100 yen coins when you clean it out. I found quiet a few buried in dust in my new cabs.

Looks like a good cab to me! What do you consider ugly about it?
Right on! Congrats on the new cab MF!
Thanks! :thumbsup:

It's a great cab, really lucked out. I was just being derogatory for the sake of humor. I said i didn't like the look of the cab and then ended up getting one. How the games play is far more important than my aversion to the aesthetics.

I just think its aggressive, disproportionate, overworked, and busy looking with all the right angels. Which accentuate its occupied space. Like a Transformer.

(To me) It looks like the design is a reaction to other cabs and inspired by sports car concepts and the F-117 stealth fighter. Great for standing out in an arcade. But in the home, when you walk in the room it demands attention and draws your gaze.

In the home, I prefer a softer design that disappears into the wall and doesn't become the focus of the room. like how putting a tv in a room and arranging the furniture in the room to make the tv the focus point kinda thing.

Cabs like Astro, egret 2,3 , hyper 64 i think do a good job of being subtle and don't make the room feel as crowded. The New Astro city's are fine i just think the speakers boxes draw attention. monitor is whats important anyway.

Blast city
nnaipieduhzyh7ww3aob.jpg
652.jpg

Astro, egret , hyper
MRoadsterd.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I just think its aggressive, disproportionate, overworked, and busy looking with all the right angels
You have to appreciate the sharp contrast to previous (1993) model the Astro City...
Sega_Astro_City.jpg
Sega_Blast_City_JP.jpg

Blast did a aesthetic 180 here, and I for one love the big in-your-face look of it.

One of my all time favorites is the predecessor to the doscile Egret II/3 the Egret29... because it makes the Blast City look tame by comparison.

ef28e8b7a6a9d8c8b339ff836e8619c7.jpg
IMG_4093.JPG

Not the biggest fan of the colored control panel or the weird off-set step, but that marquee tower is just so money it makes up for it.

the red ones are a little nicer I think. though I almost wish they did the accent color in the same hot-pink as the illuminated logo.
b461560a0d6fd49d8d5553cfee134522.jpg

I'm not in the market for a new cab, nor do I have space for another one but if I had the opportunity to buy a nice example I might be obligated to take it.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites is the predecessor to the doscile Egret II/3 the Egret29... because it makes the Blast City look tame by comparison.

ef28e8b7a6a9d8c8b339ff836e8619c7.jpg

Not the biggest fan of the colored control panel or the weird off-set step, but that marquee tower is just so money it makes up for it.

I'm not in the market for a new cab, nor do I have space for another one but if I had the opportunity to buy a nice example I might be obligated to take it.
Totally agree with you, it reminds of something that should come out of a Macross or Robotech universe. I would totally repaint the cab to match those.

You have to appreciate the sharp contrast to previous (1993) model the Astro City
ya, each do a great job reflecting their time. then Net city whent with like a minimal/futurist build. Sega cabs are so cool. Blast city look really cool in a clean row of just Blast City's.
IMG_0579.JPG

One of my all time favorites is the predecessor to the doscile Egret II/3 the Egret29
looks like something that would be in the Star Trek next generation Bar. I'm guessing the side step is So player 2 and 1 would have more room between each other.
it reminds of something that should come out of a Macross or Robotech universe
raidar-x.gif
or
latest

Last edited:
Back