Not open for further replies.
I have most in stock ship out in three enjoy it before Christmas

L $1,200

F $1,400

C $1,600

VS $2,500

Orange diamond $3,000

Chewlix $1,200
Hi - I'm not sure of codes - but looking for Candy Cab style / Astro city or similar six button with good condition CRT - are you selling these? Would need shipped to Colorado. Any info appreciated. Thank you!

Hi - I'm not sure of codes - but looking for Candy Cab style / Astro city or similar six button with good condition CRT - are you selling these? Would need shipped to Colorado. Any info appreciated. Thank you!

None of those are CRT candies, they are all Taito Vewlix cabinets with LCD displays.

You may want to check out the Arcade Otaku wiki for some basic information, lurk more, and contact KC directly (email or PM) since you'll get a faster response that way. Also, consider introducing yourself, since becoming part of the community generally opens the door to more resources, deals, and hookups.

Lastly, since you're in Colorado, you may want to try Ken at the Game Room since he's one state away (UT).

Good luck.

Also it appears Ken has an Astro City available for the same price KC lists. I would check him out first since he's closer to CO.

Also it appears Ken has an Astro City available for the same price KC lists. I would check him out first since he's closer to CO.
Ken is currently waiting on Astros. He hasn't gotten the container filled enough yet, but he's working on it. I just contacted him earlier this week as I'm waiting for that same container! His website is unfortunately not up to date. That said: last I checked he does have a blast city in stock!

here end next month

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 219
Thanks all...Yeah I've been in touch with Ken -

Also had the good fortune of texting with KC. Both nice fella's.

So - I'm looking for two candy's. One vertically - 1 or 2 player for shooters; and one horizontal wired for player 6 button.

Couple of questions if anyone has any inputs - appreciated.

Neo Net City - I understand these are wired for JVS. How hard is it to covert over to jamma? (Controls/Video/power). I assume something like this would come into play? (JAMMAfier - https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/introduction) I've done work on MKII cab, arcade monitors/chassis, PVMs and pinball machines, so somewhat familiar but curious what others with experience may say.k

- These should have a 15khz capable monitor correct? I know its built for Naomi, but my main intent is to run 15khz games.

- Monitor can be rotated as well?

- How difficult to source controller parts / candy cab panels, if going from 1 controller to 2, + sixbutton? Same question for but astro city / blast city etc.

Understood most of these may have some burn in, but is there any grading system for picture quality, burn in, and brightness? Anyone have experience purchasing a candy cab from Ken and KC sight unseen? I usually like to inspect in person, specifically to check for undesirable CRT issues.

Sure a drive out to Utah is an 8 hour trip - but may save myself the energy if its a good buy based on info on the units and coordinate a ship. I've tried reaching out to a few sellers including a gent in China on ebay, when I ask about how much CRT 'burn in' when he says 'some', I do not hear back.

Appreciate the inputs all.

Last edited:
Understood most of these may have some burn in, but is there any grading system for picture quality, burn in, and brightness? Anyone have experience purchasing a candy cab from Ken and KC sight unseen? I usually like to inspect in person, specifically to check for undesirable CRT issues.
All of the cabinets are going have some burn in. Some will be worse than others, but all of these cabinets are coming off of 25+ years of location use so the chance of finding a burn free or very light burn monitor is slim. Supply for candy is getting depleted too, so there might not be much to really choose from either.

If you're that worried about how the monitor looks, then I do not recommend buying it based off pictures and shipping it. You're gonna probably be disappointed and not enjoy all the work going into fixing the monitor.

I can tell you by experience that KC doesn't restore any of his inventory. Everything is sold as is. It comes off the container dirty af, it gets sold dirty af. So expect monitor chassis maintenance.

In my opinion you should go in person or have someone local to KC (or Ken in Utah) to make the trip and judgement for you.

All of the cabinets are going have some burn in. Some will be worse than others, but all of these cabinets are coming off of 25+ years of location use so the chance of finding a burn free or very light burn monitor is slim. Supply for candy is getting depleted too, so there might not be much to really choose from either.

If you're that worried about how the monitor looks, then I do not recommend buying it based off pictures and shipping it. You're gonna probably be disappointed and not enjoy all the work going into fixing the monitor.

I can tell you by experience that KC doesn't restore any of his inventory. Everything is sold as is. It comes off the container dirty af, it gets sold dirty af. So expect monitor chassis maintenance.

In my opinion you should go in person or have someone local to KC (or Ken in Utah) to make the trip and judgement for you.

thanks - yeah, I don't mind the chassis work if needed. Shell clean up is manageable as well - But a tube with bad burn in or color issues that can't be fixed would be pretty disappointing.

As my knowledge, NNC comes with Toshiba Trisync so it supports 15/24/31khz so 15khz shouldn't be a problem. My NNC has Toshiba Trisync monitor. I'm using Jammafier from IrkenLabs for 15khz signal. So far I'm not disappointed. I also found out that AxunWorks is also making JAMMA to JVS adapter but I haven't used it so I'm not sure how good it is.

Yes, NNC monitor can be rotated.

@alberto1225 makes nice candy cab panels if you're looking for new panels. You can also search at Yahoo auction, I saw many fully populated original panels on auction for low price but shipping from Japan to US is getting expensive lately. It's best if you can get the populated panel you want when you get your cab so you don't have to spend extra money for it.

If you're buying from KC, definitely go in person to inspect the cab is recommended instead of relying on just pictures sent to you. It's hard to see if a monitor has a good quality picture from pictures. It may look good on pictures but when you see it closely it doesn't. You can also let the seller knows on the spot if there's anything missing from the cab.

From my experience, NNC condition is not as bad as Blast City so restoring it probably not as much work as Blast City. I guess because it's much newer, released in 2007 and it succeeded by Lindberg at the same year so it's probably not as heavily used as its predecessors.

Last edited:
I'm using Jammafier from IrkenLabs for 15khz signal. So far I'm not disappointed. I also found out that AxunWorks is also making JAMMA to JVS adapter but I haven't used it so I'm not sure how good it is.
Do Jamma to JVS adapters introduce any lag? Only reason I ask Is a few adapters listed on ebay have a note in the description about introducing lag. Didn't know if that was do to their hardware design choices for adapter or if that's a common issues running Jamma in a JVS cab.

I didn't do any lag test but I didn't notice any lag while playing any game.

If you folks don't mind can you please take this side conversation to its own thread? This is a sale thread and it's hard to track when items come up in it if there's a lot of noise about jamma vs JVS that really belongs in its own topic (where you'll get more people looking with answers anyways). :)

This is the best advice you will get. If you have questions about things and want to learn start a thread where people will see it and help you. But nothing will beat going in person to look at what you're buying, and no amount of questions will change what someone ships to you without inspecting it first.

Special Big sale Very low price any interesting text me 16268009192

Attachments

• 3E97F15C-A4F8-4D36-9BB1-B645C3796993.jpeg
    3E97F15C-A4F8-4D36-9BB1-B645C3796993.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 267
10 units here early next month

Attachments

• E7223EBC-3B4A-43E5-8FBF-9975289A6D9F.jpeg
    E7223EBC-3B4A-43E5-8FBF-9975289A6D9F.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 235
  • B1012C4B-B498-4B9A-92C2-97FC6B503E61.jpeg
    B1012C4B-B498-4B9A-92C2-97FC6B503E61.jpeg