What's new
Yeah I saw you had some of them on Thingiverse, I might just print my own up and deal with the longer harnesses.

Are the spacers on there the same ones that you use for MK2? I'm aware you're still showing those as available, but if I'm printing one set figure might as well do both.

Yeah I saw you had some of them on Thingiverse, I might just print my own up and deal with the longer harnesses.

Are the spacers on there the same ones that you use for MK2? I'm aware you're still showing those as available, but if I'm printing one set figure might as well do both.
Can you do one for a y unit. Just tell me how much and I'll PayPal you.

They're out of stock on my website and have been for a long time. I have about a dozen people on a waiting list too. I just don't have the time to do the harness assemblies. I looked into subbing out the crimping but no manufacturer wants to do that unless I'm ordering a few thousand.
I feel ya man, there is just no profit in making harnesses. Its tedious and time consuming for the very little rewards. I hate making them even for my own use lol.

Last edited:
This awesome kit helps my MK2 pcb + sound boarb + harnesess stay very cool togheter ! Twisted makes an awesome service for community ... again :thumbsup:

Attachments

• CE692713-B9F6-4D60-B3E8-0C343EB0FAE8.jpeg
    CE692713-B9F6-4D60-B3E8-0C343EB0FAE8.jpeg
    970.7 KB · Views: 166
  • B0C89EBE-DFE2-4CA4-A0AE-F0453C0803DB.jpeg
    B0C89EBE-DFE2-4CA4-A0AE-F0453C0803DB.jpeg
    789.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 9C46ABAC-6E80-408D-B6DC-E2302BE0C44F.jpeg
    9C46ABAC-6E80-408D-B6DC-E2302BE0C44F.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I feel ya man, there is just no profit in making harnesses. Its tedious and time consuming for the very little rewards. I hate making them even for my own use lol.
Yup, the last time I needed a control panel harness I just bought some from Lemony even though I had all the parts and tools to do it myself.

If someone wants to find me a good wire crimping service that can cut, strip and crimp one end of a few hundred wires that's what it will take to get these on the market again.

Yup, the last time I needed a control panel harness I just bought some from Lemony even though I had all the parts and tools to do it myself.
If someone wants to find me a good wire crimping service that can cut, strip and crimp one end of a few hundred wires that's what it will take to get these on the market again.
I have a lot of free time in the next month or so. What would I need to do this? Maybe I can do it while I watch TV?

EDIT: I should say, if you are open to the idea. You supply me with the cutters/crimpers/etc and I'll sit and do it. Alternatively, you point me in the direction of an Amazon order for everything I need and directions and I can go that bought as long as I get my money back for supplies.

Last edited:
I have literally no tools for crimping harnesses... Anyone want to make me a short audio power harness for my newly consolidated MK2 board?

Had no idea this was a thing! I'd be in for most of the Midway stuff. I'll keep an eye on the website.

Thanks!

So I've been thinking about this since the thread got bumped last month... so last week I spent an hour googling and created a list of every USA based company I could find that made harnesses and listed crimping as an available service on their website. Surprisingly there weren't that many, though there's probably quite a few that didn't come up. I then wrote up a detailed quote request for crimping services and sent it to every company on the list.

Most of them didn't respond, a few of them asked for additional information and then ghosted me, but one of them got back to me today with an ACTUAL QUOTE.

i had considered the most amount of units I'd want in a single batch and used that as my proposed order quantity, they came back and wanted double that as the minimum buy. :S It's no so high but it will definitely cover me for the next 3+ years lol.

I'm going to dig up my initial cost analysis for these assemblies, as this will cause the price to go up, but I don't think it will be by too much. If this works out I might also look into offering shorter power and ribbon cables as an optional add-on.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd want a T-Unit MK1 kit and a shorter cable for my MK2 kit if you do it

So I've been thinking about this since the thread got bumped last month... so last week I spent an hour googling and created a list of every USA based company I could find that made harnesses and listed crimping as an available service on their website. Surprisingly there weren't that many, though there's probably quite a few that didn't come up. I then wrote up a detailed quote request for crimping services and sent it to every company on the list.

Most of them didn't respond, a few of them asked for additional information and then ghosted me, but one of them got back to me today with an ACTUAL QUOTE.

i had considered the most amount of units I'd want in a single batch and used that as my proposed order quantity, they came back and wanted double that as the minimum buy. :S It's no so high but it will definitely cover me for the next 3+ years lol.

I'm going to dig up my initial cost analysis for these assemblies, as this will cause the price to go up, but I don't think it will be by too much. If this works out I might also look into offering shorter power and ribbon cables as an optional add-on.
Hi twistedsymphony,

I own a T2 Unit Y PCB set. I'm interested to get 1 consolidation kit when it's available.

Hi twistedsymphony,

I own a T2 Unit Y PCB set. I'm interested to get 1 consolidation kit when it's available.
T2 needs a special kit made since it has the extra IO board I haven't designed anything for it yet but I'll keep you in mind if I ever do.

I have a 3d printer and MK2 PCB.

Is something missing from the Thingiverse files? The caps in the MK2 kit are on the site for sale but don't appear to be in the Thingiverse file?

Is something missing from the Thingiverse files? The caps in the MK2 kit are on the site for sale but don't appear to be in the Thingiverse file?
nope, nothing is missing, the caps are off-the-shelf parts; not printed. Technically I use off-the-shelf stand-offs too but I included that on thingiverse because it's just a tube and took 2-seconds to model

nope, nothing is missing, the caps are off-the-shelf parts; not printed. Technically I use off-the-shelf stand-offs too but I included that on thingiverse because it's just a tube and took 2-seconds to model

cheers.

I printed teh stands and grabbed M3 bolts at the shop. MK2 feels GOOD as a sturdy 2-board stack.

Last edited:
Back