What's new
I think the Supergun will always send to the kick harness, regardless of DIP setting.

I believe the setting only controls whether the signals are also sent to the JAMMA edge.

Ah, will have to test that with the ol' multimeter. If so, great. In any case, was a PEBCAK error.

Edit: confirmed. So that’s that issue resolved.

Last edited:
Helle there ! I just discovered the project and it's just some amazing work !

I wanted to try the standard version but i can't seem to find the files anywhere ! Does someone still have them or the Standard side of the project isn't supported/updated anymore ?

Thanks a lot.

@SVM They are for the Advanced version 😅
Hi - welcome to arcade projects! I had the same question about 12 months ago. Advanced version was everywhere. The standard version (through hole components) never made it to a full and final release.
Lots of references to the standard version online but I could not find the files to manufacture the boards. I've had another look now, and confirmed that if they are out there I still can't find them :)

So this encouraged me to learn how to solder SMD components, first with hot air, then with a microscope, now drag soldering with my eyes closed.

Strongly recommend that you give SMD a go, you can buy some of those SMD practise kits off aliexpress/banggood/amazon for next to nothing - and there are millions of awesome projects out there that use SMD too.

The KSGER T12 stations are amazing value and easily capable of even the most fiddly SMD work.

Hi - welcome to arcade projects! I had the same question about 12 months ago. Advanced version was everywhere. The standard version (through hole components) never made it to a full and final release.
Lots of references to the standard version online but I could not find the files to manufacture the boards. I've had another look now, and confirmed that if they are out there I still can't find them :)

So this encouraged me to learn how to solder SMD components, first with hot air, then with a microscope, now drag soldering with my eyes closed.

Strongly recommend that you give SMD a go, you can buy some of those SMD practise kits off aliexpress/banggood/amazon for next to nothing - and there are millions of awesome projects out there that use SMD too.

The KSGER T12 stations are amazing value and easily capable of even the most fiddly SMD work.
Thanks for the tip !

I need to find a thinner soldering tip to go with my trusty old weller station and maybe a SMD practice kit cause it's been a while since I soldered some !

And i'll go with the Advanced version then ! (But if someone have the beta files for the standard, at least the schematic, it can be awesome !)

I would be interested in this, even if the name is not original.

Too bad, it looks like the project has stalled.

Jamma test card looks awesome, I'm sure we all have that one sacrificial JAMMA board that we use for "testing" new and untrusted gear - mine is a "danger china export" MVS1 slot with a bootleg puzzle bobble cart. Having a device that can accurately measure everything, including voltage at the JAMMA edge under load would be a huge improvement

So...as I'm playing around with my CPS1 with Darksoft Multi and this particular Minigun Supergun, how do I enable 6 buttons when using something like an undamned adapter? Are 6 buttons routed to the DB15 on this minigun supergun? (I have the 9pin advanced edition). I keep seeing mentions about a kick harness but that's not going to work here. Does a kick harness go somewhere on the CPS1 board or Darksoft multi to send the signal to the Jamma Edge to the DB15 connector? Just trying to wrap my head around how to enable this. Any help would be appreciated.

So...as I'm playing around with my CPS1 with Darksoft Multi and this particular Minigun Supergun, how do I enable 6 buttons when using something like an undamned adapter? Are 6 buttons routed to the DB15 on this minigun supergun? (I have the 9pin advanced edition). I keep seeing mentions about a kick harness but that's not going to work here. Does a kick harness go somewhere on the CPS1 board or Darksoft multi to send the signal to the Jamma Edge to the DB15 connector? Just trying to wrap my head around how to enable this. Any help would be appreciated.
Congrats on purchasing the CPS1 multi - it truly is a sweet piece of kit and the platform has some of the best arcade games ever made.

I've read the install instructions, and they all seem to miss out the bit where the 6 button harness is attached

The picture here should help
https://www.reddit.com/r/cade/comments/v2gicc/darksoft_cps1_multi_build/

Basically the B4/B5/B6 harness on the Minigun supergun needs to go to the header on the CPS1 multi top board

All six button inputs are in the DA15 controller connector. And the undamned USB adapter passes them just fine. The kick harness connects from the supergun to the CPS1. It provides buttons 4, 5, & 6 to the CPS1. Buttons 1, 2, 3, start, up, down, left, right are on the JAMMA edge.

Long story short, you need to get a kick harness.

Congrats on purchasing the CPS1 multi - it truly is a sweet piece of kit and the platform has some of the best arcade games ever made.

I've read the install instructions, and they all seem to miss out the bit where the 6 button harness is attached

The picture here should help
https://www.reddit.com/r/cade/comments/v2gicc/darksoft_cps1_multi_build/

Basically the B4/B5/B6 harness on the Minigun supergun needs to go to the header on the CPS1 multi top board
Thanks for the picture! I think I can make my own based on it. Is there a quick Pinout on the Darksoft side of the filter board? I have the harness connecting internally as I thought it was Only for Player 3/4, but now I'm guessing it serves 2 purposes of being both that and the 6 button enable.

All six button inputs are in the DA15 controller connector. And the undamned USB adapter passes them just fine. The kick harness connects from the supergun to the CPS1. It provides buttons 4, 5, & 6 to the CPS1. Buttons 1, 2, 3, start, up, down, left, right are on the JAMMA edge.

Long story short, you need to get a kick harness.
That's perfect and great to know. Thank you. If you know the pinout on the filter board, I'd appreciate that info. I can probably make one with what I have.

Back